Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:21 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!!

HURRICANE HAS ARRIVED AND WILL BE TEST FLOWN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Continuing to take a lot of hacker flack, will try later to communicate.

Out.
__________________________________________________ __
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY - HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
mad web tv scientist

Okay, after an inordinate number of security scans, it seems that the PC has settled down enough now that maybe something can be accomplished with it. We shall see.

Looks like my dandy new slightely modified Hurricane is going to ROG at least as well as my slightly modified killer size PZ Messerschmitt. Nevertheless, ALL of my landing gear equipped ships will use my "carpet runway" for take off for the forseeable future.

Gotta run some more security scans, an entire paragraph just vanished.

Continuing to receive an unusally heavy barrage of "hacker like flack." Can't help but suspect that there might be a connection with the Hurricane and the cultural revolution between Western Civilization and the obvious totalitarian global control of the world that is playing out before our very eyes. The heoric courage of Hurricane fighter pilots as well as the superior flying Spitfires is what is desperately needed to stand up to the evil forces of Fascism. My question is: "CAN 'BATTLE OF BRITAIN FIGHTER PILOT COURAGE' HELP INSPIRE THE CRITICAL COURAGE NEEDED TO CREATE OUR OWN FINEST HOUR IN OUR TIME?" NOW AS THEN, GLOBAL CIVILIZATION HANGS IN THE BALANCE!

As I studied this machine it took very little time for me to become just as strongly emotionally imprinted on it as all the rest of my fighters. The first thing I just had to do was to use an "ultra fine point black Sharpie" to blacken in the machine gun ports and add scaled down .303 "bores" to its machine guns. All you "Jerries" out there better watch out.

We will have a lot more to say after a few test flights. New "must have" props won't be available until next week, and the weather needs to be tolerable before this beauty actually does more than taxi around. Yes, it taxies very nicely and like my new Spit, the wheels are adjusted further forward than stock. My heavy retracts might be added later after I get a lot more stick time with fixed gear.

So, TAKE BACK THE SKY, OR ELSE!

[] [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

Out.
__________________________________________________ _
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/
Old 02-17-2012, 09:03 PM
mad web tv scientist

Hey there fellow Park Flyer fighter enthusiasts! You have not been forsaken. I will always perfer Park Flyer "size" and smaller size aircraft over the really killer size machines. Yes, the Hurricane is twice the weight of our Park Flyers and due to its higher speed it will be useful over only the largest spaces. However, until a smaller Park Flyer size Hurricane becomes available our present beast will have to do.

Because of its perfect scale with the PZ Messerschmitt it will be fun to take it and the 109 on missions to enjoy the effect of seeing just how small the 109 is compared to more normal size
fighters. As with the 109 the Hurricane is a fabulous conversation piece.

So, continue to Aim high, Fly, Fight, Win!

Out.

__________________________________________________ ___
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

Spitfire Brotherhood # 64 - Post # 407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -
Old 02-19-2012, 10:23 AM
Saburo Sakai

#64,
So, she's a big bird, ey? Really the same scale as the'Hundert Neun? I know you'll let us know how she flies when you get a chance. Note: you are not alone on posting difficulties here. Hopefully they'll get it all ironed out before the summer Luftwaffe bombing campaign picks up speed......
Out,
Old 02-20-2012, 09:28 AM
mad web tv scientist

#56, shot down in flames twice - will continue to try to communicate - stand by!

Out.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Saburo Sakai

Pilot #64:
Systems running swimmingly on my end today. Must be your special monitors at work again. Suggest EMP utilization to take them out.
Awaiting my first Spitfire shipment from SuperMarine. We shall hold the fort, faithful friend.
56 out..
Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 AM
mad web tv scientist

56, worst day for trying to post on RCU with PC. Did you receive my PM sent today?

All of the rest of my composition since posting the above just disapperaed. I will try again later.

Out.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:52 AM
mad web tv scientist

56, Battery peaked charged, weather conditions are uncertain, HH HH is peaked tuned with its new rear view mirror reflecting light very convincingly with its newly added chrome monokote reflector. Will report after flight testing, still have at least one more prop to test to be certain of performance potential.

Dividing the wing span dimensions of the two planes, full scale and models, shows a 1.23 difference between the PZ 109 and the Hurricane wings. The HH wing is, therefore, 23% larger than that of the 109. The weight is twice that of my lightest Messerschmitt and the wing loading is about half way between our delightful Park Flyer fighters and the more "RCer" politically correct humongous real killer size machines.

PC seems to be working fairly well today. only had to hit the enter button three times and click on favorites, and, WOW! My post posted - will wonders never cease!

Duty calls, must scramble.

Out!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:34 PM
mad web tv scientist

FINALLY PUT UP THE MAIDEN TODAY! The weather was supposed to be almost calm and almost pleasant but with a 10-15 MPH turbulent wind ungloved hands suffered from wind chill. The Hurricane showed very good potential but with a too aft CG, too sensitive ailerons and elevator, and elevator trim all the way down to the limit that wasn't enough; and with the continuing problem with tip stalling and the nose continually trying to rise (porpoise), I decided to go home and trim the ship up rather than fight with it on the field.

Be back shortly.

Today is special for being the very first time I successfully flew a larger "real R/C airplane" - Park Flyers have suffered some from low status in the past but that seems to be changing now for the betterment of everyone involved in modeling, though I suspect that there are still some idolatrous flack guns out there just drooling for the opportunity to take us out.

As has already been mentioned, the Hurricane makes a great companion with the PZ Messerschmitt to show just how small a full scale 109 is compaired to the Hurricane. So, even though it is technically twice the weight of the accepted standard for Park Flyers, it will proudly be desplayed and flown right along with real "Park Flyers."

Okay, since confession is good for the soul, I must admitt that I was filled with fear and dread before the maiden. I really wanted to just go home but argued with myself untill I was finally convinced that I had to go for it regardless of how I felt. Almost the instant the plane was airborne, except for those brief moments of tip stalling behavior, concentrtion on flying and adjustments needed to bring the beast under some sort of control cleared away most debilitating terror. I actually almost made a nice landing on the marginally useful field.

Other possible useful information will be dealt with later. We are on the winning side in spite of enemy propaganda. The enemy continues to lose ground as he is relentlessly pursued in the war torn skys.

So, Aim High, Fly, Fight, Win!

Out.

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/ (PC is working great today.)

Spitfire Brotherhood #64

Old 02-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Saburo Sakai

...Yessss, pilot 64. Ve Velcome you to the new Luftstallag. Ve hope youenjoy our kartoffelsalat,our potato salad, vhile vetear apart the new Hurricane you crashed into our arbeitsplattzen.
Danke!
Oberfuhrer Fritz von Donkeykongstein, Schutz Staffeln.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:11 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] Spitfire Brother 56, that was not a Hurricane crash, merely a minor landing anomaly ending in a three point stance on two wheels and the nose. Actually, I perfer sauerkraut and bratwurst if it wouldn't be too much trouble. I developed a real taste for it the last time I was on the ground in Germany. I also enjoy German potato salid. Yes, crumpets and tea would also be appreciated. My wife has not yet found a recipe for it. All RAF pilots ought to be able to enjoy such nostalgic fare. I wonder if comtemporary Brits still enjoy their crumpets.

Have you flown your new Spit yet?

I ended up adding operating wing flaps in addition to the adjustable fixed radiator flaps to my newest PZ Messerschmitt. Somehow it just didn't seem right to enjoy the Hurricane with flaps and not have them on the 109 also. It will be interesting to experience flying the two machines in back to back flights.

Having just escaped your accommodations I better get back to Fighter Command while I can.

Out.

Spitfire Brother 64

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARDPORT ER4/CALLTOGLORY/

Spitfire Brotherhood # 64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -

Old 03-05-2012, 12:04 PM
mad web tv scientist

BLOCKED OFF!

I wonder how many others are being blocked off of RCU? Desperation maneuvering finally allowed the above words to post.

Okay, the last sentence posted normally.

Sitting on the sofa just opposite of me are two of the greatest models of two of history's greatest fighters! The fine tuned fighter models are perfect for inspiriing interest in history as well as an interest in modeling. The Hurricane inspired upgades on the Messerschmitt include a new "scale size" pilot robbed from a crashed Mk IX Spitfire and newly installed operational flaps. The final touch on the Hurricane was to install a realistic antenna system.

I'll try to share more later, I just lost more stuff and am not in the mood to keep this game going at the moment.

Out.

[sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

Aim High, Fly. Fight. Win!

Spitfire Brotherhood # 46
Old 03-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Saburo Sakai

Ya, richtig! The superiority of ze 109 is indesputable, English. Perhaps I shall bring some of your English fish and chips to the new Luftstalag you are presently enjoying, to dine upon in front of you in your cell.And youshall tell us of the new American gyro stabiliser and the new English reflector gunsight, perhaps for.....a fish or a chip? And then, after you have told us all we wish, then we shall share some Rumple schnapps and discuss a.....new relationship of information.
Deutschland uber alles,
Luft Reichsfuhrer von DonkeyKongstein
Old 03-08-2012, 01:55 PM
mad web tv scientist

Sakai, your German accent is every bit as good as your Japanese accent. I always get a big kick out of your flights of fantasy

However, we are at war now and you have just been assigned a dangerous mission to read the ratings on the Hurricane advertisment. Failure is not an option! My Facebook page also has vitally important information that must be allowed to get through!

Out.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Saburo Sakai

So the food at our Luftstalag, our kartoffelsalat, the potato salad, does not sit well with you, English?It sends you off on rants of incoherence. Our Luftwaffe engineers are making good headway deconstructing the Hurricane you crashed into our Arbeitplatzen the other day (Thanks!). Enjoy the Brattwurst and Sauerbratten tonight!
Perhaps I shall send Fritz over in my staff Mercedes to question you again. He shall bring you some of your....tea and crumpets?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:32 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] Luft Reichsfuher von DonkeyKongstein, your right. As I'm sure you noticed, I jumped the gun by forgetting about the time delay after posting ratings on Horizon Hobby. Please enjoy what did post instantly on Facebook and is now gloriously revealed on our HH HH web site. I promise to try harder next time not to allow the sheer exciting exuberance of flight to get the best of me.

Got a picture of me while inspecting the "Confederate Air Force" down there in that foreign country called Texas with me and a Nazi staff car. It seemed unusually small to be carrying around six officers. Saw my first full scale Messerschmitt and observed the limited but somewhat available six o'clock visibility. My big Hurricane and little Messerschmitt are placed side by side across the room with the Hurricane at a steeper angle making the 109 look really small by comparison.

In back to back flights the two planes seemed to fly at similar speeds evidently due to the larger size of the Hurricane camouflaging its higher speed. The big HH seemed a bit more sluggish than the nimble little 109 but was able to perform up to my minimum performance requirements. Except for a missing air scoop on the Hurricane both planes battle damage has been repaired. There was a huge church building directly upwind. Both planes tip stalled and crashed on landing possibly due to "unusually" turbulent wind at the critical moment just before touchdown. Both planes suffered damage at the fuselage joint just ahead of the horizontal stab but sustained little damage anywhere else due to the extra carbon fiber reinforcement I applied in strategic areas.

Must break off the attack for now.

Out.

Aim High, Fly, Fight, Win!

[][sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY = http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

Spitfire Brotherhood # 64 - Post # 407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -
Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 AM
mad web tv scientist

MONUMENTS TO THE ULTIMATE FLYING EXPERIENCE OF COMBAT

It was "Mr. Right Stuff WWII fighter Ace General Chuck Yeager" in his autobiography who stated the above definition of "flying."

Normally, the modeling concepts intended in this post would have been posted on the Messerschmitt thread but it is flying so majestically in formation with the Spitfire and Mustang threads on this forum that I just didn't have the heart to break them up. Besides that, I do have some thoughts and updates on the Hurricane.

To be continued.

Just shot down some "hacker like interference" with security scans.

Okay, where was I? Ah yes, the irresistible inseparable scale connection between the HH HH and the PZ 109, no doubt about it, the real value of the Hurricane is to make the Messerschmitt look good!

JUST KIDDING! Don't get so excited already!

Finally, here we go. I just couldn't wait for the two (2) air scoops I ordered so I ended up building a two piece carbon fiber reinforced balsa wood air scoop that is proudly displayed on my now scramble ready Hurricane. During the down time, compliments of unflyable weather, I also added a ring of carbon fiber tow material around the inside edges of my wheel covers and attached removable safety lines to them so they might not be lost when they pop off during "landings" (?). I also found it useful to add a line like what is described on the Thunderbolt and Wildcat threads to overcome the strength of those gorilla power magnets to get the hatch off. The string and knot are connected via a small spring with a hook on it to the antenna to make it look like part of the antenna "system." I use a finger to unhook the spring/Fusion fishing line from the antenna mast. A small diameter carbon fiber rod is pushed down near the rudder hinge line to attach the "fake antenna wire."

The Messerschmitt's now opperational flap system has flaps with 1/4 inch less flap that was added to the ailerons. This was done to provide more aileron authority because of the experiences I have with my #1 Bf-109G that is a little too sluggish for my tastes. I am fairly satisfied with the performance of my newly modified #2 Bf-109G even though it is not quite as good as my ultimate performance, slightly modified "retracted gear" (no gear at all except a light fake "retracted" tail wheel) and fake removable wing mounted 20 mm cannons that make perfect skids, full span ailerons equipped "Bf-109F Messerschmitt." This lighter "F" model also enjoys an adjustable split flap system located on the "flap portion" of the full span ailerons to help provide lower landing speeds.

My "#2 G" model has "adjustaable" split flaps on the "radiators" in a vain attempt to enjoy slower landing speeds. Those heavy wheels just won't let me enjoy the slower landing speed performance I must have, thus the need is now fullfilled with its new opperational flaps. With its newly installed larger pilot I really do enjoy admiring it and the Hurricane while composing this post. I will equip #2 with my extra 109 "little boy" pilot equiped hatch (yes, I lost one somewhere over enemy territory - in addition to keeping a spare hatch available I also install additional latches on 109s) when the ship is transported to high alltitude for test flying along with the pristine condition GUNFIGHTER with its new "adjustable pitch props"

One last little thing - Winston Churchill commented that the "Flying Tigers" fighting for China were as important as Battle of Britain heroes. Since I am so emotionally "imprinted" on the undeniably beautiful RUDY FRASCA decorated P-40 (featured in movie, National Gographic, and other magazines and publications) and I would definately buy at least an operationl and a standby RTF version in either Park Flyer or "Hurricane" scale, PLEASE CONSIDER SUCH A PLANE FOR FUTURE MARKETING!

A Hurricane scale P-40, and maybe a Zero also - a guy can dream can't he?

Out.

PS One more last little thing: Since Western Civilization values are in the process of an overwhelming unconditional victory it would seem to be appropriate to expect an apology soon for kicking Sir Winston Churchill's statue out of the White House. That's really not too much for patriots to require now, is it?
Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 PM
mad web tv scientist

WINSTON CHURCHILL'S STATEMENT ABOUT THE FLYING TIGERS AND THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN

"The magnificant victories these Americans have won in the air over the paddy fields of Burma are comparable in character if not in scope with those won by the Royal Air Force over the orchards and hop fields of Kent in the Battle of Britain."

At first my PC acted up rather badly but after continuing to work on it the above quote became practical to find and use. Typing the title of this post into Google's search window finally brought the web site up, no URL was needed. I have stored the web site in my "favorites" and can provide the URL upon request. I hope others won't have the trouble I had to confirm Winston's statement.

Though the Brits did not like the P-40 as much as their own venerable Hurricane, what really matters here is the historic courage, skill, and valor against a seemingly unstoppable foe. A really worthy monument in the form of an irresistibly beautiful RTF popular size P-40 model would surely seem to be a great idea.

I rest my case.

Out.

__________________________________________________ ____
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.net/RICHARDPORTER4/CALLTOGLORY/

__________________________________________________ ____
Old 03-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Saburo Sakai

Amen and Bully on the AVG, Mad Web! Had family flying with then Colonel Chennault. Sir Winston was right, too (imagine that).If you want more information from reliable sources (the pilots themselves rather than histrionic historians), I recommend two great books: Greg Boyington's Baa Baa Black Sheep and Col. Robert L. Scott'sGod is my Co-Pilot. Boyington's narratvie about the P-40 is excellent and he writes of tactics employed that took advantage of the bird's weight and durability to smash the Japanese literal light-weights. That Marine Major really knew his stuffand is an underrated source of factual information and incredible creativity that personifies the American Pilot.I have a first edition of his book that I cherish.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:05 PM
mad web tv scientist

Wing Commander Saburo Sakai, thank you for such a great post! My very first fighter pilot book was "God is my Co-pilot" way back before I flew my first heavier than air aircraft in controlled flight. The world needs more heroes like Colonel Scott as well as Winston Churchill. I am still patiently waiting for an apology for the kicking of Sir Winston Churchill's statue out of the White House.

(to be continued) I wonder if anyone else ever gets shot down by the, "Sorry . . . timed out" enemy. I found out today that a friend at church tried in vain to send me some airplane pictures and they continued to bounce back as undeliverable. Our "sorry hackers" and/or their slave masters still just don't get it! They remind me of a guy in a knife fight against a man with a very sharp knife who just took a swipe at him. He said, "ha ha you missed me!" The reply from the winner of the fight said, "Oh yeah, shake your head!"

It is very interesting to read from different sources about fighter planes. Very much like today, the "truth" depended a lot on where the big money vested interests were. I was especially interested in how many P-40 Aces there were from various countries. It was a much better weapon than you might be led to believe.

Still waiting for better weather, some special props, and data on maximum safe burst amperage for the stock Hurricane motor. I paint my safe "43 amp prop" tips yellow and my questionable "48 amp prop" tips red. I hope to get confirmation that the 1000Kv .25 "helicopter" motor can take the higher amps without burning itself up. I really need that extra power for adequate vertical performance.

Must try to provoke the enemy to come up to fight on another front - continue to patrol and I shall return if the action gets too hot here.

Aim high, Fly, Fight, Win!

Out.

PS You must share some of your Dad's/family's first hand stories with us, please.

PPS By the way, I have been blocked off from awarding some well deserved stars to your posts. What ever happened to freedom of expression?
Old 04-08-2012, 08:11 AM
mad web tv scientist

THE IMMORTAL HURRICANE IS THE "COVER GIRL" ON FLIGHT JOURNAL magazine (June, 2012 issue - more after church)

The Hurricane is pulling lead on the Messerschmitt that is positioned for a head on attack from twelve o'clock high on any car foolish enough to pull into my hanger as this newest piece of historic flying art hangs from the ceiling and thus gets enjoyed almost as much as it so richly deserves. It really looks great with full flaps and banked ready for the kill of the hapless .109.

Okay, since confession is good for the soul, and I have had time to cool down some since yesterday, why, I could no more disown HH than I could my own white grandmother! Where have I heard something vaguely similar to that before?

So, I am going to try to remember that when it comes to businesses I have interests, not friends. Businesses must do what it takes to survive, especially in our current anti-capitalism culture that is in the process of making slaves out of all of us. Over all, HH/PZ is doing a fabulous job and can't be expected to be perfect in a spiritually war torn world where the real battle is being waged.

The pictures in the above mentioned magazine are very nice and the text is by the WWII pilot who actually flew the Hurricane that has been restored and shown in the article. Although the text seems very authentic, he claims that Hurricanes shot down four-fifths (80%) of the enemy planes that were shot down during "the peak" of the Battle of Britain - July through October of 1940. Please correct me if I am wrong but 60% seems to be closer to the actual number from what I've read in other sources.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post # 407 Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum//fb.asp?m=11007416

Spitfire excitement - Facebook's FINEST HOUR - Facebook's Finest Hour - http://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167
Old 04-12-2012, 03:36 PM
mad web tv scientist

HURRICANE QUESTION

A raised projection just behind the spinner is visible on a full scale Huricane in one of my documentaries and on my HH model. It seems to be "photo shopped" off every picture in the Flight Journal magazine mentioned in my last post here.

Okay, here is the question: What was the purpose of that "un-aerodynamic" looking raised projection that is so perfectly obvious on my very close to perfect scale Hurricane, and why is it gone from the magazine photos?

Well, so much for this "perfectly working" PC. Had to run some scans to get it to work again. Funny the way it started acting up on this particular post.

The war is obviously not over yet.

Aim High, Fly, Fight, Win!

Out.

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.weBtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) # 64 - Post # 407 Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling
Old 04-14-2012, 12:52 AM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Who says that waiting patiently does not pay OFF!

Look what came with me all the way from Yulee, Florida (North of JAX).

A BNF E-Flite Hawker Hurricane 25e with E-Flite Retracts for a Cool $200 Cash!

So I won't get lost, I got myself a new GPS at Big Lots for a cool $64.95!

Old 04-14-2012, 03:31 PM
mad web tv scientist

quapoman, GREAT POST! Thanks for sharing so much fun stuff on this thread! We have a fabulous machine here that will be perfect for those special occasions when only a cool Hurricane will do; and your input adds more than can be adequately expressed with words.

Thanks again.

Out.

FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416

Spitfire excitement - Facebook's Finest Hour http://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167
Old 05-19-2012, 01:08 PM
mad web tv scientist

The Hurricane performed very nicely this week. larger diameter, lower pitch props loading the motor with 45-50 Amps on the ground provides very nice vertical performance that makes flying
square loops with rolls on the flat sides relatively easy, and outside loops continue to be a nice part of it's flying presentation. I added extra aileron deflection angles to make the roll rate with the largest diameter props a little faster. It's roll rate looked a lot like what is depicted in the "Battle of Britain movie." Not much margin if flying close to the ground.

I added 3 inch diameter wheels but until I become more comfortable with my landing performance abilities they can't make up for my poor current level of capability. My plan is to practice with a lighter wing loading .109. When/if I get good enough with the Messerschmitt I will be looking forward to enjoying my dandy Hawker flying machine.

The Hurricane will fly again in commeration of the Battle of Britain this year at all costs weather I can learn to enjoy landing it or not. Yes, I know landings on wheels is not a big deal. It's just that the excitement level is so great that my thumbs are simply not able to do the obvious.

Got some fighter sweep missions to acomplish today so must sign out now.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416

"mad thorium batteries" typed into YAHOO search brings up a taste of the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.