Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Cheap Park Flyer

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Shortymet55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap Park Flyer

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a relatively cheap park flyer. Essentially, I am at school away from home, and I'm looking for something to use here. I fly a nitro trainer at home. I can do all the basic flight stuff, fly upside down, do weak trainer versions of knife edges, random flips and rolls and turns in odd combinations, and consistant take-off and landings, so hopefully that tells you enough about my skill level. I dont want like a super super easy cub, but I dont want something too difficult.

I am not sure where exactly I am going to fly this, but most likely find like a baseball or football field, so that is the space I will have.

My budget is like $150 for everything needed to build and fly. I do not have to worry about li-po charger or TX, because I have those. However, my radio is a Futaba 7C 2.4ghz, so we need to account for a receiver. I do not mind buying for hobbyking at all. I am fine with a wait, if thats what it takes to keep the price down (This includes getting one of the OrangeRx receivers instead of a genuine Futaba, to save like $50).

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to get, or maybe a list of a plane and components that you bought that worked well?

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:42 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Default RE: Cheap Park Flyer

Hello shortymet55,

ParkZone has some nice Mini Park Flyers for $109.00 that you might like. Think you checkout their site and see.

Firebird
Old 10-02-2011, 06:31 PM
TCipolla
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: FirebirdCdr2

Hello shortymet55,

ParkZone has some nice Mini Park Flyers for $109.00 that you might like. Think you checkout their site and see.

Firebird
+1
Old 10-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Shortymet55

I looked around and I dont think I really want a micro plane. Im in Cleveland, and there always seems to be a bit of wind. A micro may be too hard to control. I looked up some planes on HobbyKing and found a P-51D park flyer that I could get for under $120 with battery and OrangeRx Receiver for my 7C (and shipping). Also found a cool Pitts Special that I could get for $170 with battery and OrangeRx reciever (and shipping). I wouldnt mind spending the extra $20 to get a biplane. Plus it has really good reviews.

Is there any reason to not get one of these? Anyone have on of these planes?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:13 AM
TCipolla
My Feedback: (8)

My only concern with getting something from Hobbyking is getting parts for the product. Buying one of their knock off T-Rex helicopters is one thing because you can get parts here in the states. One of their little foam planes that is exclusively sold by them means you'll have to get parts from them.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
DHC8GURU

I just started producing a Skywagon park flyer kit. it's sport aerobatic capable, handles the wind well and takes only a couple hours to put together. It's $55 and equipting with hobby king electronics, it should come in around $100.
Check it out at tdaerodesigns.com
Old 10-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Shortymet55

This is the plane I have been looking at. I really really like how it looks. Unfortunately, I doubt I can get anything like it for anywhere near the same price in the US. Plus, Ive only seen good reviews, I think it is perfect. I do have to consider the inability to get repair parts, but I hope I dont crash it beyond repair, and if I do, then its time for a new plane anyways.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10102
Old 10-03-2011, 08:02 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Shortymet55,

That's a nice looking plane. The only thing I've ever bought from Hobby King is servos. It's seem to have good reviews. You can also check FlyZone they have a few interesting planes, but from the it sounds. You have your mind already made up. You want that Pitts. I know how you feel though.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:37 PM
jimy1321

hyperion sniper II ; fun plane , not real pretty to look at but the thing flies great!!!! Low buck easy to fly durable aerobatic fun  .seems cheezy but the thing is a blast to fly 
Old 10-09-2011, 01:59 PM
at101

Are you going to leave this at school or take it home some times. If you want to take it home than I would suggest a plane that comes prebuilt so you can keep it in the box for transport.