Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Techone Hobby Funfly Trainer review & maidon

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Techone Hobby Funfly Trainer review & maidon

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:56 AM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Techone Hobby Funfly Trainer review & maidon

Hey all.

I got a chance to get a maidon, of my newest plane in the hanger, I built. Taken a hour or so, I taken more time and did some vids on it. I do not have the chance right now to wwait for a calmer day the next five dys re windier. I bilieve the wind wer at gusts up to 25mph, and will be more later and bad weather to.

The Plane is floater . I thought I was directed, but in the wind wrong again, everchanging and whipping .

Off wheeled her two feet she was up wind blew sidways got m I corrected to left rudder up field, and said I think I am calling it in. so I cut, she glided, I said makea turn float her back and kpet one step ahead, I was turning to land offcamera. she landed fast and nice. andsaid wow she did good.

Enjoy the video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXTu_mcIaeg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ldv8Q-0Ly0[/youtube]
Old 02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
flyinsolo11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Techone Hobby Funfly Trainer review & maidon

Fishy- not bad sure looks like a floater. I am putting together a techone Aeolus and am REALLY impressed with the construction. It is incredibly clean and comes together like a dream. Techone is definitely my new favorite foamy maker.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:38 AM
fishycomics

Yes they are Flyn.... first build in a super long time wasnota fan of the supplied electronic ESC and Motor, once it fell together , it is a wonderful floater for sure. I did not have time to stay out so I tried to keep it near by and get a feel for it. should have went up, but a storm came in and other matters at hand.

Hope your build and plane goes well. Techone is a great plane for sure.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:22 AM
fishycomics

Here is another vid a longer flight

due apologise for youtube

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXz-85AxQA [/youtube]
Old 02-17-2012, 02:30 AM
fishycomics

It has been awhile, have so much fun, why not many have not wanting a ever so strong plane, maybe popularity, looks, talk, who knows, I am so happy that I got this. at my door a Electrifly Flylite arrives shocked to see her there WOW! open her up, see the insides and what a big diffrence OMG! good/bad/ugly, never said wrong. it will be something when I compare these two. til then I shall do a review and report later.

note to myself...
Old 02-20-2012, 01:56 PM
fishycomics

after owning the funflyI am overwhelmed how shhe is built super tough, I do notice some wear on the wing. due to the Airlon cut to the center. I have asolution, and am wetting some balsa from a cassette holder, anything around hte house.

I have already fixed the battery door madefrom Balsa, I had a hotel key card cut out hte width I needed, drilled two holes, and used a ultility scissor, and shaped out enough room for hte batt door to fit. and sanded the plastic used Mercury 300m glue ca safe.

And withing 5 seconds she was stuck. the fix is now sweet.

The wing I shall make a bend, as it must match the dehidral. Then glue it n, I may need two peices and I may see if anything is needed for hte fuselage of hte wing area. Rubberbands weakened the area showing cracks.

I am again amazed how well built she is.

I have not a problem placing a order for another 3ch . not a 4ch FF thanks for listening/reading
Old 02-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Saburo Sakai

Hey thanks for the reports, fishy! Just wondering: you got a picture of this bird? I looked at BP Hobbies Techones and they don't have the Funfly, so wondering what she looks like?
Thanks! keep flying and keep reporting!
Put my Micro T-28 in the pond again today, but she still flies! Whole lotta' wind is myexcuse-or, as B. Clintonfamously said-"my explanation"
Old 03-01-2012, 05:24 PM
fishycomics

Here are some Pics, a 36 in" wingspan fitting in the car just fine, some ariel shots today flying, from an 808 keychain cam on a hat off the editor a video frame. And the Plane. a 2208 motor, the front of the plane notice no front windowdecal, and under the main wing notice the support I placed, and the battery tray holder notice the hotel, creditcard slot. The tail has no landing gear, but a black peice of stick, I have yet put a tail wheel on. I only go over grass. Also the Landing gear today came off. i wrap the wires of a altameter around it saved it from fully flying away. I will make a string vs glueing. I may place a layer of tape to enforce in.

Today I was all over, otherdays i am fine, the wind, I guess, and wetness in air.

If you are interested, i as well am awaiting a few parts for the Electrifly flyLite, She is a lighter weight plane Identical to the Funfly. The tuff Trainer as well is the twin from Hobbyking.

BH BP Hobbies I believe they are up in New Jersey Hillsborogh. I was looking at the E-Areo Eagle, from a mag. I may pay them a visit when I am near them. All in all I have a champ, a super cub, now a slow stick and Flylite. I take the Funfly out today. wind or not I like her becasue I am able to handel a 36 inch wingspan in the park I fly just fine.

Not many are interested at the other place all they care about is BS stuf.. As long as I am happy that to me is all that matters. I am happy you are interested in the Plane.. Lazertoyz.com $59.99 the full kit $89.00

I say Pass on the AIrlons I did try today no good nothing shown, I had turned the other day who knows, just makes the wing weaker in the center. There is one more hobby online forgot the name $#4.00 There you go.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Saburo Sakai

Thanks, fishy, for the photos and the Lazertoyz link ! Fly onward and enjoy the Free Skies while they're still free!