Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Hobbyzone Super Cub - Maiden Flight Crash into SUV

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Hobbyzone Super Cub - Maiden Flight Crash into SUV

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 07:19 PM
GBLynden

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hobbyzone Super Cub - Maiden Flight Crash into SUV

So I got a Hobbyzone Supercub in need of repair from a co-worker and that is where the adventure began.

I made a repair, maiden, flight, and crash video as a result. Of course, the crash part wasn't planned:

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/KkCBsyNOz0Q
Here is the video with just the maiden flight and crashes:
http://youtu.be/3jcOiTBSJZs
Old 05-26-2014, 12:57 PM
GBLynden

I was able to figure out the issue and it turned out to be the ACT system. Now it flies really great!
Old 06-19-2014, 06:52 PM
GBLynden

Alright guys,

So I had some great flights with this plane off camera after removing the ACT system, but things changed again when the camera was put back on the plane:

http://youtu.be/zSVMK_HO3SA
Old 07-25-2014, 04:21 PM
ArcadeAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happened to the ACT system? I just ordered this same RTF package, this is my first RC plane.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:24 PM
GBLynden

Originally Posted by ArcadeAir
What happened to the ACT system? I just ordered this same RTF package, this is my first RC plane.
It turns out that the ACT system is junk and causes crashes that shouldn't happen all of the time. I had to unplug it to be able to fly it right since even with it "off" if was still making it impossible to fly.

GB
Old 11-08-2014, 07:10 PM
GBLynden

This is my FIRST flight caught on video with this plane of me NOT crashing it lol

I got it from a co-worker that had the ACT System hooked up to the receiver and boy did that dog not hunt! I knew pretty quickly why it was just given to me in pieces.
Without the ACT System, which was what the current SAFE System is on the newer version of this plane is, it is a very viable larger option to learn on than the Champ. It may be better in higher wind areas as well. As you can see in the video, it handled the wind very well.

http://youtu.be/QQhH4Sami48
Old 02-05-2015, 04:58 AM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ACT. I was told to remove or disconnect. Will cause like said more issues. Crashes. the craft is a excellent beginners for larger planes when all trimmed out. I love the craft.

Will be getting mine back up in the air

where are you and what camera are you placing on her?
Old 02-09-2015, 01:03 PM
GBLynden

Yep, ACT is a bugger. I learned online that it had to be disconnected or it would crash AFTER I had crashed lol

I am not sure what you mean by what camera I am using and where I am placing it on the plane. I haven't don'e any FPV yet actually. It is on my list however

GB
Old 02-12-2015, 02:16 PM
fishycomics

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not remember writing the camera part? no big deal.
going to get my tail on and try to fly her again
Old 02-19-2015, 09:25 PM
GBLynden

Sounds like a plan!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:45 AM
ArcadeAir

Hi all..... I am excited because my cub parts will be here tomorrow!
I am upgrading the receiver with with a X8R. I like using this plane for shooting in flight video and it will be the test plane for the various telemetry sensors offered for the Taranis.
I have also replace the wheels with 3" wheels, so hopefully, I can land in short grass without nosing over the plane every time. Down the road i would like to modify the wing and add ailerons and flaps and also upgrade the motor to a brushless setup.
Old 03-17-2015, 05:09 PM
GBLynden

Very cool! So which lens do you use with your Mobius? Is it A, B, or C? I am considering getting one for use on this plane and my Sport Cub.

Thanks!
GB
Old 03-17-2015, 09:38 PM
ArcadeAir

Originally Posted by GBLynden
Very cool! So which lens do you use with your Mobius? Is it A, B, or C? I am considering getting one for use on this plane and my Sport Cub.

Thanks!
GB

Hey GB
I do not know if it is a b or c, but it is the wide angle lens if that helps. My Mobius is mounted to the battery door on the bottom... it can take the hard landings just fine.
My next obstacle is the fact that I did not know that the brushed motor has to go. I ordered a 480 sized motor this evening but I am not sure how I will mount it. I was thinking to just stack thin plywood against the firewall as the firewall has the correct thrust angle, then mount the motor to the plywood. I know there are motor mounts out there that make this a snap, but there are none offered for the motor I purchased. I will still be able to use the batteries that i currently use and I have the esc for it already.
I am looking at beefing up the wing struts also. The stock setup carries by larger batteries and the Mobius camera just fine, but in the future, I will be adding more telemetry and eventually fpv gear.
I will be sure to post some pictures as I make the upgrades.