Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Sonic Combat Module with Arduino

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone Sonic Combat Module with Arduino

Old 07-16-2014, 07:43 AM
planga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone Sonic Combat Module with Arduino

Hi guys,

Wanted to see if anyone has tried/accomplished interfacing the sonic combat module (the newest version) to an Arduino board? I have it hooked up, but I don't know what the fire pin on the combat module expects to receive when you want it to fire.

It looks like some of you (Alex / critterhunter / johnpcunningham) in another thread (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park...s-new-mod.html) have figured out what signal to send to the fire pin. Do you know / can you share that info ...maybe even some C code on how to program that output from the Arduino to the fire pin? I assume its just some pulsed signal maybe for a particular duration? I'm only slightly electronically literate and I don't have a scope to use to try and determine what is going on. I am programmer though, so if I knew what to output, I could most likely code it.

I'm also unsure what the hit pin sends out when the unit is hit. I suspect that the "Hit" pin is normally low and simply goes high when hit. I haven't had a chance to try the this yet, but will be experimenting with this over the next few days and will post my findings.

Thanks!
-Patrick
Old 08-21-2015, 12:52 AM
jamyrb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also working on a new arduino Interface for Sonic Combat Module.
Signal for triggering the module:
At rest: continious high (inverted signal)
Fire: Low 80ms, ( (high 500us, low 30us) x7 ), low 16ms) x3.

Signal explained:
Not firing: normally high
Firing: First 80ms low, burst of 7 high, repeating burst 3 times With 16ms delay between, and back to high after finished.

Plan is to make different "game-parameters": max flight time, max number of hit before "dead" (no motor recover), limited ammo.

With some friends we have ordered some EPP P-51 Mustangs from Hobbyking.

Last edited by jamyrb; 08-21-2015 at 04:43 PM.