Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

park zone

Old 05-02-2004, 07:50 PM
planefreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default park zone

Does anyone own the the j-3 cub from park zone. Is it good in wind. Is it durable, and can you take out the raido gear.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:25 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: park zone

Are you saying you have one of these? Tell us about it. I am interested to know.

Are they 27 mhz planes? The review I read didn't say, but I think I caught a glimpse of the radio and it looks like the Aerobird radio. I also heard they have the X-port as well.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:23 PM
RC Sumo

Some of them have the X-port.....I forget which ones...not all though..... I would have been really torn between these and my Aerobird Challenger if they had been released when I got mine!
Ed....where did you see a review? IF they are the same radios as ABC......perhaps we could buy a fuse and wings and use same radio?
Old 05-05-2004, 07:38 PM
aeajr

I believe it was in FlyRC - July

Isn't it crazy that I have the July Fly RC and it is the first week of May?
Old 05-07-2004, 09:12 PM
adhsooner

No x-port..flies great once you move it to the advanced mode . check my other post for details

Soonerflyer
Old 05-10-2004, 05:04 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys can you please x plane what x port is? Is this a radio that can be transfered to another plane ? I have seen these at the local HS and the box leaves a lot to the imagination as far as radio?
Old 05-10-2004, 07:34 AM
aeajr

The X-port is a feature on the HobbyZone planes distributed by Horizone Hobby. The Commander, the Fighterbird, the Aerobird, the Aerobird Challenger and the Aerobird Xtreme all have an X-port plug. This allows accesories to be connected to the plane.

Accesories available:

a sonic gun/combat module for air to air combat
a drop module for dropping streamer bombs, or a paratrooper

I have heard of people trying to use it for other things as well.

While this these are only 2 or three channel 27 mhz radios which are provided with the planes, they have a button on top to activate the xport. Some people mistakenly believe that this is a 4th channel, but it actually works over the throttle channel in some fashion.

The ParkZone planes seem to use a similar radio. And Soonerflyer's comment above seems to indicate there is some kind of advanced mode of flight, which again would be like the HobbyZone planes. Could be the same electronics package being used by a diffrent company.

The radio might work with a Futaba or Hitec or someone else's 27 mhz receiver, but i have not heard of anyone trying it.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:10 AM
BobbyGee
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: aeajr

The X-port is a feature on the HobbyZone planes distributed by Horizone Hobby. The Commander, the Fighterbird, the Aerobird, the Aerobird Challenger and the Aerobird Xtreme all have an X-port plug. This allows accesories to be connected to the plane.
The ParkZone planes seem to use a similar radio. And Soonerflyer's comment above seems to indicate there is some kind of advanced mode of flight, which again would be like the HobbyZone planes. Could be the same electronics package being used by a diffrent company.

Park Zone is part of Hobby Zone. Same company as makes the Aerobird and Firebird series planes. Distributed by Horizon Hobby.

Park Zone launched with the Cub in May, to be followed in June by the f-27 Stryker pusher "jet" that will be X-Port equipped, and then in July by a Slow Stick clone with a v-tail, also X-Port equipped.

Link: http://www.parkzone.com

BobbyG
Old 05-10-2004, 10:01 AM
J3 CUB FLYER

i just purchased the park zone j3 cub on saturday, i actually traded in a hobby zone(same co?)outlaw. i was actually in the market for a r/c truck traxxs but it was too much $$$ . before i start laying out that kind of money i want to first know if i will continue intrest or if i just was bored w/ money burning a hole in my pocket...(this often happens.. ie: motor cycles, jet skies, golf, cars etc...)...anyway sinse i've been a kid i've owned r/c cars and always wanted an r/c airplane so i decided to give it a try. I flew the outlaw at a park and it was pretty basic. its funny, i had this plane over a week and several flights and managed not to cause any damage...i dont know if thats luck, or a durable plane, but i would bet on luck. i am a begginer! b4 the outlaw i have had no r/c flying expierence..( i was able to get what i paid for the outlaw back towards the cost of the park zone j3 cub) ok ok about the cub.....i really have nothing to compare this to really, but all i can say is WOW..this plane is awesome, i was suprised w/ how easy it was to fly, even for a it being a 3 chanel i had no problem. my first couple flights were hand launch. i would basically just take it up to about 50 to 75 ft and do a big u turn and land, its large, foam wheels made it easy and confident to land. the landing gear is very sturdy not that cheap wire style crap. i noticed that i could not fly the cub at full throttle, i am not advanced enough to respond to the increased airspeed. i was very impressed w/ the ability to control the airspeed so that i could fly it at a slower speed, so to familiarize myself w/ the controls, i had no problem w/ stalling, probably b/c of the begginer setting automatically controlling the rear flaps ability to move too aggresively and this setting is also great when turning , it also automatically provides rear flaps up when turning the ruddder.........helps turning ! this plane wanted to fly far and high if i let it but i know thats not a good idea when learning. i also tryed takeing off runway style...this was the most fun .....no problem !! i had a couple crashes from under 5 ft or so but one crash was evidentally too much for the cub...i bent the prop shaft . this causes disturbance and irregularity when prop is spinning...i also thought it may cause more problems if i continued use , so i flew it only one more time ...it still flew fine but i did call it a day to repair the minor damage. i had no other damaged what so ever, the nose cone and prop shaft took most of the impact, and i beleive that the metal shaft was engineered to bend as so to relieve some impact from other areas of the plane . i went home and called my hobbytown usa brandon fl, they have several prop shafts forthcoming...i better buy a couple... working on this plane was really easy , any 12 year old should have no problem (im a 26 year old kid )basic engineering !....sorry for the long thread , any questions welcomed . oh btw i purchased this for $159.99 and regarding is it cheap or not...well i dont think so, others may beg to differ...compared to the hobbyzone aero line , i would say alot more durable plus its a real replica airplane not some wierd design that resembles a plane.......