Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Slow Stick Battery Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 12:39 PM
ericr1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow Stick Battery Upgrade

I have just purchase and have made several successful flights with my Slow Stick. Below is my current configuration.

GWS 4-channel FM radio
6 CHANNEL GWS 6N FM RECEIVER
ICS-300J 8AMP SPEED CONTROLLER
2 GWS MINI SERVOS
600mah. 7.2 VOLT BATTERY PACK Ni-Cad
300C electric motor

I am looking to purchase the Great Planes Triton charger and need suggestions on battery packs, preferably Nickel Metal-Hydride. Not ready for the Lithium Polymer packs yet, would like to keep from having to purchase new ESC.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Nickerz
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Slow Stick Battery Upgrade

ericr1,

I'm trying to find the perfect setup for the Slow Stick but one that will also work for the Tiger Moth. I want to modify the SS but if I do, will I be able to use these mods in the TM? I've also seen the 400C motor. Will this motor give the SS considerable power without zapping it of flying time? There seems to be so many mods out there but just by swapping the battery, one is looking at buying a new ESC (as you mentioned below). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nick

ORIGINAL: ericr1

I have just purchase and have made several successful flights with my Slow Stick. Below is my current configuration.

GWS 4-channel FM radio
6 CHANNEL GWS 6N FM RECEIVER
ICS-300J 8AMP SPEED CONTROLLER
2 GWS MINI SERVOS
600mah. 7.2 VOLT BATTERY PACK Ni-Cad
300C electric motor

I am looking to purchase the Great Planes Triton charger and need suggestions on battery packs, preferably Nickel Metal-Hydride. Not ready for the Lithium Polymer packs yet, would like to keep from having to purchase new ESC.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-05-2004, 08:55 PM
sierra gold

Default RE: Slow Stick Battery Upgrade

I would suggest a 7 or 8 cell KAN 1050 NiMh battery pack. I preferred the 8 cell, but it does shorten motor life a bit. The 7 cell will provide more performance than your 6 cell.

Sierra Gold