Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Flattened Aerobird wing

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 10:53 AM
RC Sumo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flattened Aerobird wing

Hi all!
Well it has begun to warm up in the foothills of CA. I went flying Sunday and left the wing to my Aerobird in my back window. DOH! [X(]It was warmed sitting there and actually flattened out due to the warping. I think I am going to go get a new wing, but I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with a flat wing on the Aerobird?
When I say flattened, I don't mean it lost it's under camber.....it lost it's dihedral.
Will this make my plane more aggressive?
Perhaps quicker in a dive and flying level?
There is some slight corkscrew warping as well.....i think I could get that out though by putting some weight and trying to rewarp the wing.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Shane
Old 05-05-2004, 01:00 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Flattened Aerobird wing

A warped twisted wing is not a good thing unless you are looking for a good excuse for a new plane.

A totally flat wing on an Aerobird would fly, but the plane would lose a lot of stability adn might be a bit challenging to turn as the dihedral is part of how the plane turns.

Good luck getting it back to the right shape
Old 05-05-2004, 03:21 PM
RC Sumo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flattened Aerobird wing

lol...thanks Ed..........you sound so.........confident.............lol. Well I was planning on getting a new wing after work, I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with a flat wing......