Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Any One Flying a Yard Stick?

Old 05-09-2004, 12:16 PM
tseavert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any One Flying a Yard Stick?

Just wondering if anyone out there has a GP Yard Stick?
Can you offer me any Hints, Tips or Suggestions?

Thanks,
Old 05-11-2004, 01:36 PM
rcpilot007
My Feedback: (646)

Default RE: Any One Flying a Yard Stick?

Hello ts eavert...I have a yard stick ...flown it quite a bit ..It is an ok plane but veryvery low on power.Getting altitude is a real chore....If you dont get the CG right it will be a real handful to handle.I think the thing needs a geared 400 or one of the outrunner brushless motors...even with the boost in power if you dont beef up the wing supports the thing would probably break apart at the wing supports in any mild to heavy aerobatic maneuvers.I have managed to loop mine several times and noticed the flop in the wing panels...I have ordered a slow stick and from what I have read on reports ...the slow stick will run circles around the YS....I hope so...anyway I hope yours flies better than mine.....Happy Flying....RCPILOT007-RCU....
Old 05-11-2004, 08:04 PM
azsailor1990

Default RE: Any One Flying a Yard Stick?

The Yard Stick is a real stinker. Not only is it very underpowered, the many plastic parts are so brittle that they break constantly. To make it worse replacement parts have been backordered for the last 3 months. Pass on it and get a Slow Stick. Great Planes F-ed this one up.