Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Howdy

Old 12-11-2001, 04:44 PM
azblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy

Well i just could not stand to see no posts on the park flyer board. I fly a Mouse, It's a great plane, and a lot of fun to fly. We have tennis courts by our house that have lights for night playing. Hardly anyone ever plays at night and thats the best time around here for calm winds, so i flip the lights on, and fly till my hearts content. Playing dodg-em with the net is great fun. The local cats just go wild over it..no pun intended (Mouse) They love to crouch down and get ready for a pounce when i make my fly-bys. have to be carfull not to get to close though...they are quick with the paws. Well take care all, and keep em flying.

Andy
Old 12-12-2001, 06:19 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Default Howdy

Hi Andy.

Next month I am moving from Texas to Illinois. Basically my flying season is now limited to warm weather months.

My new boss is a Backyard / Park flyer so I told him to teach me what he knows about them and when the weather gets warmer
I will teach him to fly a .40 sized trainer.

We have access to a large indoor area so we can fly the little stuff inside.

He got me looking at the IFO's Are you familiar with them?
Old 12-12-2001, 03:23 PM
azblue

Default IFO

Yep, the IFO from what i hear is a good plane. I saw a few of them fly once, and they are very manuverable. You will have great fun with the slow fly stuff, it's a great change of pace. Sometimes when the wind is dead calm i will take my Mouse out to the flying feild and fly it for the gas pilots..They get a big kick out of it when i fly between my legs and do circles around myself. It can also do great hovers. So your moving to IL. are ya...well i grew up about 30 miles south of Chicago. I live in Las Vegas now and enjoy year round flying as you probbably are used to in TX. Although you can fly slow flyers year round. Just step out into your backyard and give one a toss. Take care and have fun in good o'l IL.

Andy
Old 12-13-2001, 02:48 PM
newstick
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Mouse

Just wondering, I fly gas but where could I find the mouse as you call it. I would love to have something I could fly around my house every once and a while without driving 20 min to the field.

Honey, I'm gone flying!!
Old 01-02-2002, 01:48 AM
RMSINSD

Default Howdy

Ohhhhh, newstick, are you in for a treat! if you're not familiar with park & slow flyers, what a change of pace from gas. Don't evaluate either one by the other's standards - E won't have the power G does. G can't be flwon in your yard without the neighbors complaining.

I have a number of e-planes, but if you want a good, energetic slow-flyer with great value, try the Mini Max by Wattage. This is a "takeoff in 8 feet", "180 degree turn at 5 feet 40 feet away", "let it float by your head at 3 feet away" kinda plane.

The plane is $35, a speed control will be $20-25, battery the same, 2 servos the same each, and a charger $30 & up. You really need the sub-micro receiver too, for $35 or so. So $170 to $200 will have you in a whole new hobby....good luck!