Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Any night fliers out there?

Old 02-09-2005, 01:08 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Any night fliers out there?

Works great for me. My house is on a hill overlooking the local high school, so the football field is a short walk down and around the corner--my wife gets a kick out of it because she can see the plane about eye-level from from our front porch, and point it out to passersby saying, what's that???[&:]
Old 02-10-2005, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that ZT-802 a good video camera? I've been wanting to get one for a looooooong time, but couldn't find much info on them. Ebay has them like you said. They're $39.99 plus $14.99 shipping. That's way less than what I've found with other models. This makes me think it might not be as good. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions, DO's and DON'Ts, pro's and con's that you might have on this model.

Thanks a bunch!
ghee
Old 02-11-2005, 03:32 AM

Well it sure beats the Cyalum Night Stick (Chemical light) that I attached to an Aerobird once.
It worked, but also scared the crap out of a little old lady living close by to where we were flying!
Old 02-11-2005, 03:42 AM

A whole family in their pajamas once went out of their house to go the the park and search out that UFO only to find out that it was me. They were relieved that it wasn't alien and were actually rather intrigued by it when they saw it up close. The kids couldn't get enough of it. The requisite "I want one" was, thus, sparked.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:58 AM

Well, I have not had a chance to try to get some better video to show you. The range is much better than a 50mW cam that I've had before, but the signal can be interfered by things. I tried to get some video with the receiver equipment in my car, parked behind a baseball dug-out. I didn't get a decent video at all. I want to try to get a video where the receiver will be in the center of the radius of my flight path, but I don't want to lug all stuff around by myself. I have to bring a portable jump-starter/12V power supply, along with a power inverter to plug in my laptop (batteries don't work anymore) and to plug in the video receiver. And I would need to have someone monitor the video so I can know exactly just how far the range is before it starts to static.

For the most part all these mini pinhole cams are the same as far as video quality. They're all about 320x240. The ZT-802 is pretty solidly made as far as mine is concered. I have a feeling that most of those cams are made by one manufacturer and the vendors just stick their logos on it. They're all designed practically the same.

ORIGINAL: ghee-grose

Is that ZT-802 a good video camera? I've been wanting to get one for a looooooong time, but couldn't find much info on them. Ebay has them like you said. They're $39.99 plus $14.99 shipping. That's way less than what I've found with other models. This makes me think it might not be as good. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions, DO's and DON'Ts, pro's and con's that you might have on this model.

Thanks a bunch!
ghee
Old 02-11-2005, 01:29 PM

If you want a cheap and convenient alternative to using a laptop, do a search for Mustek pvra1.

http://www.mustek.com.tw/html/PMC.html

It's a data recorder with an AV input. You can get these things on e-bay i'm waiting for mine to be delivered. I'll let you know how well it works.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:59 AM

ghee
Hey, this would be a good topic for the aerial photo and video forum, but here is some video I took with the cam. It works up to about 800 ft, which is as far as I like to fly anyway. I don't hook to a laptop, I use a video cam. You do get some interference. But for $50, I can't complain about the video I can capture. It's great fun. I need to adjust the focus, so I think these shots are a little fuzzier than they could be if I did mess with the lens on the front.

Airplanes used where Aerobird Xtreme and Slo-V.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95003.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	228256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30848.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	228257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz67789.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	228258  
Old 02-12-2005, 10:18 AM

Here's some night flying for you....

[link]http://home.swbell.net/rffossum/Night_Flying.wmv[/link]
Old 02-12-2005, 11:07 AM

Cool video!

Gotta love that hand catch
Old 02-17-2005, 09:55 PM

BAD TO THE BONE !!!!!! AWESOME job !!! and not sure who the band was ( they sound familar) but great choice. What cam and plane was that ? Thanks
Old 02-18-2005, 07:54 AM

The band in that video is BUSH. I've been listening to them for years. They've got some great music.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:58 AM

Oh yeah...I forgot to tell the name of the song...."Letting the Cables Sleep". From the album "The Science of Things".
Old 02-19-2005, 08:20 PM
My Feedback: (19)

Wow, Excellent video. I love the hand catch, how are you recording this, the only way i know of is hooking it up to a VCR. Do you use a powersupply, a laptop ext, pics would be nice of your setup.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:10 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Can you attach some pix of you camera setup? What type of camera? Where'd you get it? How much? etc, etc, etc.
Old 02-22-2005, 10:35 PM

SWWEEEETT video. I want to know what kind of cam that was, it was so clear, it never broke up. Maybe some day ill get my cam workin and get some videos... hope so.