Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:49 PM
RayRay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Hi guys,

Whats this? I go on vacation and I come back to a new Badius thread?
Great idea Hollywood.

I have alot of catching up to do on the old thread.

"No guts, no glory"

Ray Ray
Old 01-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Loubud

Hi J3Fan,
Welcome aboard the Accipitor Badius Owners Club.
In this thread we follow NO topic rules. We started out with a bunch of guys that just wanted to fly. The Accipitor Badius is an eBay plane that can be had for a cheap price ready to fly. Most of us here got one because we needed a good trainer and became addicted to flying RC's. Most of us have other planes too and since we talk about everything, we needed an everything thread. So here it is. The anything thread. Got a J3 Cub? tell us about it. Flying wing? Bring her on. We all like hearing about RC planes. Got a question? We all try to answer. Doesn't get better than this.
Welcome.[8D]
Old 01-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Loubud

Don't ever leave RayRay. Weird things happen.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:02 PM
RayRay

Hi guys,

First, let me wish a HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR 2005 to all the "Badius Boys".

Called Raidentech today to order the Omei. Guess what? Out of stock until next week. [:@]

So here is my first NON-Badius question for 2005:

For those of you who have the Omei, can you please tell us your setup (TX, receiver, ESC, servos, batt, etc.)

Thanks,

Ray Ray
Old 01-04-2005, 07:04 PM
deathsprial

Hey j3fan

To add to what Lou said we also like to hear about misadvantures because most if not all in here have some good ones. The one that sticks with me i am not sure who it was but he put the plane through his window in his house I almost fell off the chair on that one.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:01 PM
CaptainRandy

Hey Roger,

I just finished the basics on the Sabre.

I scooped out some foam for the cheater hole as recommended, added dowel spars for the main wing as recommended. It's starting to look like a plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45873.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	210687   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58093.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	210688   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99324.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	210689  
Old 01-04-2005, 09:02 PM
afineman

Hey all

Here is the remaining 4 min of the maiden battery ( actually it was 8 min, but Kyle shut the cam off).

The one thing I thought WAS COOL was being able to see light through the cockpit as it passed by.

I'll have to find an appropriate figurine with the appropriate gesture for the next flight

http://users.adelphia.net/~afineman/
Old 01-04-2005, 09:03 PM
CaptainRandy

J3Fan
This is an Accipiter Badius Bird of Pray
Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2005, 09:12 PM
CaptainRandy

Hey Brent,

Great job on the flyng and the video, just loved it.

I may have to put one on the list.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Loubud

Hey Hollywood. Looks real light. How does it glide?
I thought for a moment we wouldn't see the landing. If this was my vid, I'd show that landing too.
Nice one.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:11 PM
afineman

Randy

Where you like these planes SSOO much, I truly think you should get one.
It is an easy build, and with the cheap brush less setup it flies like a DREAM.
In my build I omitted the rudder, so it is just elevator and ailerons, could you tell?

Lou

Randy gave me SSOO much crap about not showing my landings, I will show a landing with every video from now on.

Lou it kinda glides like a brick, this is NOT an AB. BUT I must say, it does land well. I was looking to find the tip stalling everyone talked about, I ether couldn't find it or it was the same as the Formosa, so I already programed it out.

Lou actually it is a PIG, I wanted 13.5 to 14.5 oz, she ended up at 16.2 oz ( it must of been all those decals to make her look good ).

I only have 14 min of flight on her, I'm looking forward to flying her with NO WIND.

I'm sure you noticed ( audio ) there was a good wind that day, the Corsair handles the wind VERY will.

well enough BABEL for this post, more to follow Hee Hee Hee
Old 01-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Loubud

Aaaha. Must have been the breeze that made it look like it was hanging up there. Seemed to have plenty or power which means you can put more decals on it. Maybe one of those old STP oil stickers on the side.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:26 PM
old bold pilot

A few words of positive reinforcement, from a silence Bradius flyer, the club is a good idea.. I have been following the "Bradius Thread" since finding it last Oct. I started with a FireBird Outlaw. After months of heavy abuse, It needed to be replace. Notice a cheap " Bradius " on e-bay and took a chance. Fell in love. Got courious as to what I had, did a goggle search, not a thing, except for the thread. Y'all increased my learning curve to a 45 degree slope....I suspect there is a " sh@#-pot-load of Bradius flyers like me, drop in, read, laugh, leave. For all of them, Thank you guys. I am not as hardcore as y'all, fly for the shear joy of it. I keep it in my pick-up. Fly at dawn and dusk, where ever I find a field and light winds..Not much into modifing yet, but clearly going that way.
A lot of the "talk" gets by me... Just tonight, I figure out that "LHS" meant local hobby store. I will leave you with one good story.
I am not known for my self-control...I was flying the Firebird, after the sun had set...depth perception is a real issue then...Yes, few right into a tree, at least 50 ft up. It was dark long before I could figure out how to get to it. A Nor'Easter hit that night...two days later when I went to look, gone. Two hours in heavy bries and brambles, scratched, bleeding, not a hint of the plane. Sad. Two weeks later, my youngest son was coon hunting in the same woods. You guessed it,, he brought it home. Charged the batteries, it flew..not as well but, it flew..Moral to this story..Dawn, sunlight inceaseing, Dusk, it's decreasing...And know a Coon Hunter, they mess in trees.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:38 PM
afineman

old bold pilot

WE LIVE FOR THESE STORIES

Welcome ( I have seen you snooping around), WE LOVE newbies.

We are REALLY glad that our posts have helped the non posters, this was what we thought from the beginning.

Please ASK away ( chances are if you have been in stealth mode for that long, then all your question have been answered), BUT just in case. PLEASE participated
Old 01-04-2005, 10:41 PM
Loubud

Hi Bold Pilot,
We do have fun here. Hang out with us for a while. When the weather changes there will be some goofy flight stories. At least from me.
Welcome to the Club.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:09 AM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

is the new badius availiable yet??..with out doing a search online for 5 hours??lol..
Old 01-05-2005, 08:58 AM
RayRay

Hi Music,

What "new" Badius are you referring to?

Ray Ray
Old 01-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Loubud

Hey RayRay,
I think he's refering to the plane Pilot Ray has.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:48 AM
RayRay

Hi Lou,

I guess I have alot of catching up to do. You guys filled up another 10 pages since I left for vacation.
Have you been getting a lot of rain there, Lou?

Raining here since I got back.

Ray Ray
"Windman"
Old 01-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Loubud

Hi RayRay,
Lots of rain here tho not as bad as the weather gloom and doom guys warned of. Yesterday and today is sunny but breezy. I'm struggling with the Heli assembly right now. I don't want to put it together wrong as they are hard enough to fly when right. \Poor ole Badius is just waiting for a good day to fly. Actually, you would be flying in this kind of weather. Merely a small challenge for you.
Any Stryker notes?
Old 01-05-2005, 12:57 PM
RayRay

Hey Blackcloud,

Haven't flown the F-27 Stryker since before Xmas. I stripped one of the servos during a crash and am waiting for a new pair. Want to fly the Badius but this rain just let up. [:@]
Good day to catch up on all the posts that I missed on the original Badius thread.

Windman

Old 01-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Loubud

More than enough reading for just one rainy day.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:25 PM
CaptainRandy

Hey Guys,

Will you guys shut up for one minute so I can catch up? I can't read that fast

Yes Brent, I was kinda hard on you, but you deserved it You are now becoming my mentour

RayRay, good news about the Omei, I thought he was going to say Capt. Randy WHO?

My equipment should be here today.

Oh Yea, I went flying all morning at my club field with Ol Badius. What a great morning it was, mid 70's to low 80's slight breeze and a freshly cut and rolled runway. The smell of fresh cut grass in January is great[8D]

First flight was a bit short, only ten minutes. I couldn't seem to get up high enough to catch a thermal. Landing although NOT on video was perfect

Second flight about an hour later was much better, only two guys left at the field. She took of great and climbed almost out of sight in minutes. I cut the throttle after only a couple of minutes and she just keep going up, even into the wind of maybe 10knots now.

I walked back to the pits and grabed a chair to recline in, as my neck was killing me. I stayed up with the birds for over 30 minutes with power off and finally had to bring her down with a 3/4 full battery as my neck hurt.

What anohter non videoed landing and yes it was perfect again, sorry, and I'm modest too

Brent, you are right I need one of those Corsairs, but first I have to finish the Omei, Sabre and then the Cub.

That's all for now, it sure was fun to fly again.

Welcome all the newbies from Sunny warm Florida[8D]
Old 01-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Loubud

Hey Capt, Crash that thing now and again. Geez. You're making me look bad. (Or is it worse)?
Old 01-05-2005, 02:32 PM
CaptainRandy

Lou,

I have to admit, I cam close to loosing her on the first flight. The wind was directly across the runway and I had to fly her right at me to come in crosswise to be into the wind. I don't like landing straight with a cross wind, chicken s_hit.

Well I did get to far away and too low and down wind, when I realized this was going to be tough to get her back to the nicely cut grass. Were she was was swamp with alligators it in.

I was only maybe 50 ft high but far out and the battery was low. pointing into the wind was hard and it seemed the only way I could keep her coming at me was to dive. How much can you dive when you are only 50 ft high. By the time I cleared the swamp and was over the runway I was about 6 ft high and I was sweating bullets. Howly cow! I almost lost it, saved again. I guess we really never learn all the lessons.

It always sounds better the second time around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.