Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

SAY SOMTHING TOO MAKE ME NOT QUIT THIS HOBBY!!!!!!!

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

SAY SOMTHING TOO MAKE ME NOT QUIT THIS HOBBY!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2005, 05:24 PM
shiznitmc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SAY SOMTHING TOO MAKE ME NOT QUIT THIS HOBBY!!!!!!!

vraptor04- thanks for the advice. with my voltmeter i was able to narrow the problem to the speed controller. thanks again.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:45 AM
SFC Hiatt

Alex

Just be glad that you don't have a wife complaining about you spending the time and money to learn the hard way. I find myself packing a lunch to spend the lunch money on something for my electric habit.

SFC Hiatt

Old 03-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Wingman1331

Dude dont get so pissed. I'm also a 12 year old boy getting into the hoby of rc planes. I bought an f-27 stryker, and this thing is great!!! I've broken like 5 props tho killed a servo and i snapped the back of the plane off. But i fixed it and i like it just fine. Dude instead of buying a new one just try to fix it AND DON'T GIVE UP, IF YOU LOSE HOPE THEN THERE IS NO POINT IN STAYING IN THE HOBBY!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 12:00 PM
alex hershner

yeah i kinda noticed. lol. i've been trying too fix it for a while. i fixed the stabbalizer with the one off the other plane. and i got a new prop shaft. olmost flight worthy again :-D. sorry that i havn't been on in a while but my bro adam was carrying a 338 elk rifle and it went off shooting him in the leg. i've been traveling bk and forth from baptist ( 2 hour drive) so i havn't had the time right now. i'll try and get bk too ya soon. keep him in ur prayers he should get out friday ( he's been in there 2 weeks now). they put a metal rod in his leg were it blew out 4 inches of his bone then they took musel from his shoulder and put it in the hole and then did skin graphs. after he recovers from all that there going too do bone graphs and stuff. so keep em in ur prayers. well i gtg ttyl
Old 03-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Rat1

Oh that bites, I will keep him in my thoughts. I hate hearing about hunting accidents since I am also an avid hunter. I am a strong activist when it comes to hunters safety. I also have strong firm rules when I hunt with others. Must always be carefull you know.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh my! And I thought some of the stories here about people getting chewed up by a prop were gruesome.

Sorry to hear about your brother, Alex.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:13 PM
alex hershner

yeah it wasn't a mastake he teaches gun control and stuff it was the rifle it went off at the wrong time at the wrong place.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:31 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was taught gun control meant using both hands[sm=stupid.gif] How is he doing? When are you coming down?
Old 04-13-2005, 05:18 PM
zachj1212

Hio. i am 13. Trust me, i went through the same thing. got 3 planes before i got one to fly. It happens to everybody. i would suggest maybe getting an eisier traines.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:36 PM
woodduck-RCU

I agree 100% with RcFlyerNYC, concentrate on reading and spelling first. Maybe some of the problems had to do with not being able to understand instructions! At the least use the spell checker before posting. If my son had spelled that badly at 13 he would have been in summer school and had a tutor. Some of these posts are very painful to read!
The spelling and lack of capitalization show laziness.
Wood Duck
Old 04-14-2005, 11:27 AM
hugequark

Woodduck,
I thought this was an internet forum for help/advice/learning about the RC hobby. When did it become a spelling and grammar test? Nobody complained about your useage of "a" instead of "an", or your lack of a comma after "Thanks". You also could have benefitted from a comma after "lipo". That is your post below, is it not? I can point out grammatical and capitalization errors in your other posts if you like.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking at some inexpensive field chargers for lipo and am narrowing it down between an E-flite Celectra and a Thunder Power 425 charger. Any comments? I just purchased a Astroflight lithium charger but would prefer a less expensive charger for field use.

Thanks

Wood Duck
Old 04-14-2005, 02:50 PM
woodduck-RCU

I never claimed to be an english or grammar expert but give me a break, read the previous posts.
I try to put a bit of thought in my posts to make them readable and comprehensible.

Regards

Wood Duck
Old 04-14-2005, 04:34 PM
Flypaper 2

I know big words too, like marmalade
Old 04-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Time Pilot

I guess we're all too eager for the results of Alex's flight training and how he's progressing.

Alex did ask us to say something to not make him want to quit the hobby. If we start making this into a grammar lesson, it might make it look too much like school and I'm sure that is definitely NOT the thing to do to a 13 year old to make him want to stay in the hobby.

So before we start a war here, Alex, you better go out and do some flying and report back!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:40 AM
alex hershner

hey! Bad news on your part. Sorry lol I sold the radio and servos for $200 bucks, and at the moment im saving for a car.Once I'm at a state that I can afford to fix this kinda stuff, i'll get a new plane. But from what i learned and with the weather around here, i'm going to go glow power maybe even gas. Oh my bro is doing pretty good the did a bone transplant and a skin grapht and stuff. Hurts him a little bit but not un-bearable. In 6 weeks there going to put a cast on so he can start to put some weight on it. Sorry I have to go now. Oh and by the way woodduck-RCU, i'm figureing you have never used somthing like AOL or AIM. In able to say what you want to faster, you can use words like n2m or kol or kool or cool or col it doesn't matter. But for your benifet I will try to type in a way that you can understand. I also give your son my pitty. jk

Sorry but this is Probably going to be my last message untill I get a new plane but I have to get a car first and I will be 16 in 3 years because I'm becomming 13 in 4 days so it will be about ummm 3 years or so. Maybe a little more.

See ya then,

Alex
Old 05-18-2005, 11:57 PM
margotcopeland

Well, it seems flame wars are everywhere.

My .02...I've flown the Stick...it was fine, but the one I flew was set up by a professional and flown on a calm day. I stupidly bought a Slo-V, which had gotten excellent reviews. If it were my first plane, I would have thrown it away after the 6th gear/prop assembly I destroyed and never flown again. CG varies wildly, the wing adjustment can be thrown out with a single landing, any wind over 4MPH (sometimes less) makes it a horrible flying experience. It has so many parts that break at even a slight mislanding, I figured that Parkzone intentionally designed it to make a killing on spare part sales.

Then after my 6th Hobbyzone/Parkzone/Megatech v-tail, I purchased an Easy Star...and learned that this hobby can be a true blast. It's stable, has enough power, has wonderful handling characteristics...I can see why a snot-nosed magazine-quoting "gotta build it yourself" snob would hate it ;-)

If you want some fun just flying a plane, I can completely recommend the Easy Star.

Margot
Old 05-21-2005, 06:00 PM
brownstone101

i lost my FB comander the first time it was in the air got another it been fine if you ever herd the saying sh*t happens well this hobby guaranties it happens
Old 08-02-2005, 06:49 PM
sharpshooter223

maybe you should try to get an rc simulator
Old 08-02-2005, 08:50 PM
flyingace451

supernerd, why? Why did you post when this topic has been around for a very long time? Alex has already gone to a gasser and is gone from the electric forum. Someone gave him a gas plane, he got an instructor, and now he is a happy flyer. So.....let us send this topic back into the archives.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:34 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update! I have never been taken up on my offer[sm=confused.gif]. Therefore all further posts including the original are in my humble opinion trolls.[&o] Many other RCU members have taken me up on my offers and have become close friends, Alex has not to his loss. The mods should close the thread.[sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 08-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Time Pilot

Vicman,

Yes, the mods should close the thread, but Alex was not a troll. Recall I contacted his parents?

His dad is an MD, and while I don't think doctors are immune to trolling, I am sure Alex wasn't.