Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 Awesome easy aerobird extreme mod >

Awesome easy aerobird extreme mod

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Awesome easy aerobird extreme mod

Old 02-18-2005, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome easy aerobird extreme mod

Had a great fly today !

Here's the easiest most effective mod you will ever get for this plane:

once you have mastered sport mode and moved on to pro mode and feel confident there this is what you do...

Attach the rubber bands used to counter balance the tail elevon / rudder to the most forward v tail screw. This'll give them way more tension. Make sure you re - trim the fishing line so the plane still flies in trim. I thought i did first time and had to dip , dip dip fly the plane back down after a hasty hand launch.

This gives the tail WAY more down elevator (as the rubber band does alll the work here - the servos just take off the tension)

It also gives the plane WAY more turning ability as the extra opposite down elevator whips the plane through turns. It was like going to pro TURBO mode. The fishing line ends up with alot more tension on it and the servos seem to deliver more authority to the control surfaces. Shes a ripper !

Remember to latch the hatch because you are gonna be able to throw the battery out now as the plane really starts to pull some G s through turns ! And I havent even moved to the lowest setting on the control horns yet - so i'm gonna be able to squeeze even more performance out of this thing !

Inverted flight and rolls are now possible. Dont forget to stiffen up the tail with a brace or IT WILL blow flat at speed. I used a bbq stick (wood) and some packing tape - 3 mins work and it works just fine !

2 1500 mah Ni cads and a 2800 mah Ni mh are giving me close to 45 minutes air time. I am loving this plane.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:19 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Awesome easy aerobird extreme mod

I used to fly the aerobird challenger alot, and I found that putting a tighter rubber band on really helped. the other thing I did was to clip about 5" off each wingtip it didnt glide quiiiite as well.... but flew and turned faster, and wing could take more G's without folding. Also, it helped make the plane less influenced by the wind.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:31 PM

Default RE: Awesome easy aerobird extreme mod

Great idea on the control tension. I put some knots in the rubber bands, but this should make things even better. I also converted to LiPo batteries to take out some weight. This gave me better use of thrust, and 20 minutes of fly time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10218.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	235844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31774.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	235845