Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

f-27 speed

Old 02-21-2005, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f-27 speed

hi all i have pretty much decided to get this plane it looks nice and durable (it is pretty durable right?)[X(] and i was just wondering how fast this thing really is? and im new to aillion flight but im sure i can handle it and if i cant ican have a friend to teach me also how high can this thing go and does it have landing gear or is it a grass lander
Old 02-21-2005, 07:47 PM

Default RE: f-27 speed

Assume that you are referring to the Park Zone F-27 Stryker. It is a belly lander or when you get good with it you can catch it. Be careful when you launch it. Some folks have been hitting their fingers with the prop. It goes plenty fast. One writeup says 50 mph with stock equipment. Not sure if that it in a dive or level flight. It moves plenty fast for most newer fliers. Get a hold of the FMS flight simulator and F-27 model for it. It is a great way to get used to ailerons. Very durable plane but it will break when you hit something hard. Be ready with the glue and tape. Read through the other threads on this plane. Lots of good information there.

Have fun flying and repairing!
Old 02-21-2005, 07:52 PM

yeah about the simulator i cant get one cuz i dont have 200 or any money to get one if there was one for 20$ i get get one but i do know hpw to fly planes and im very good at recovirying and havin a soft landing
Old 02-22-2005, 04:51 PM

How about free. If you can afford that then download the FMS simulator. It works great and it is free.

http://www.flying-model-simulator.com/

Once you have the simulator downloaded and working go to the next link and download the F-27 Stryker model.

http://gunnerson.homestead.com/files/fms_models.htm
Old 02-22-2005, 09:41 PM

You won't be disappointed with a Stryker. Even after you get used to its flying, you'll start modifying it to death. lol and one thing that I kind of found, is if/when you crash, and a part on the nose breaks... only lightly tape it... so when it crashes again, it only pops off the broken part, and doesn't cause anything ELSE to break. lol
Old 02-23-2005, 02:26 AM

clocked mine Saturday at 54mph level flight... probably 70 in a steap dive.. 8cell batt, everything else pretty much stock..
Old 02-23-2005, 08:18 PM

Wow, tried the free simulator, and hate it[:@]! Oh well, to be expected. Anyway, the Stryker is quite fast, but still capable of slowing down. You should be able handle it with help, or at least previous experience, although I must say that switching to it from AB was awesome! First flight, experienced friend helped in takeoff and landing, second time, I did everything with it. I read that it can get up to 50mph, but i didn't do a low pass to really gauge the speed, but even at altitude it goes much faster than AB.