Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS product question

Old 02-22-2005, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS product question

hi there mate, i should be getting my e starter package very soon, now there is something bothering me. on GWS website FAQ section, it says:

"Q:What means "positive or negative shift" for a receiver in FUTABA/HITEC or Airtronics/JR ?"

"A:There's no difference on "positive or negative shift" for a receiver. People in France usuall use 41 MHZ. There will be no influence either positive or negative shift. Unless you use 72 MHZ or 29 MHZ, the Futaba/Hitec will be negative shift, the JR/ Sanwa"

my question are:
1. my hitec laser 4 channel Tx is on 36 Mhz, does the positive/negative shift still matter? or i can use both shift?
2. can i use any crystal with any channel number as long as it is on 36 Mhz, or do i have to use 36.37 Mhz (the Tx was 36.37Mhz when first bought).
3. is there any different between GWS ESC for futaba/gws and JR/gws? which one should i get?

thank you foryou help.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:34 PM

Default RE: GWS product question

Hello,

The shift is related to the transmitter/receiver radio link (how the FM shift happens) and has nothing to do with the ESC or servos.

For your hitec laser transmitter, you must get the Futaba/Hitec flavor of GWS receiver (it has a big 'F' sticker on it) and you're done.

Regarding the RX crystal, the receiver frequency is not the same as the transmitter one so it will not work if you pick-up the same frequency or something at random. You must either get a RX crystal for the channel number that has 36.37Mhz for TX or get a new pair for your channel of choice (obviously in the 36MHz).

Be careful with the second option; in some parts of the world (e.g. U.S.) it's illegal to change the TX crystal yourself; you have to let someone authorized do it.

Serban
Old 02-24-2005, 10:34 AM

Default RE: GWS product question

Be careful with the second option; in some parts of the world (e.g. U.S.) it's illegal to change the TX crystal yourself; you have to let someone authorized do it.

Doesnt the US suck like that???