Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 Xtreme control loss. Solution? >

Xtreme control loss. Solution?

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Xtreme control loss. Solution?

Old 02-23-2005, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xtreme control loss. Solution?

I was merrily whizzing about thoroughly enjoying my Aerobird Xtreme, which I reckon is a great plane. But as it was heading downwind and I went to turn, nothing happened. Off she went, over trees, a road and houses, and as I found out on my search, over another road and into the garage door of a house. No damage to anything or anybody except my plane. Fortunately power was off on downwind leg so all she needed was a quick patch-up on a dent on the wing. I have read of this happening before on this forum. I discovered that the TX antenna was a bit unscrewed from the housing. I screwed it in and did a range test, all OK. Then I loosened it a few turns and tested again, and it lost input again. So when you go flying, make sure your TX antenna is firmly screwed in. No troubles since.