Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 Radio Shack P-51 Mustang, Is it Any Good >

Radio Shack P-51 Mustang, Is it Any Good

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Radio Shack P-51 Mustang, Is it Any Good

Old 02-25-2005, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Shack P-51 Mustang, Is it Any Good

I was looking through the Newpaper and ran across the sales portion for Radio Shack. I see that they are selling the P-51 Mustang again. Before I start looking into it I thought I'd come here for advice from those that have flown it. Is it any good? If so (or not), please explain.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-25-2005, 02:23 AM

Default RE: Radio Shack P-51 Mustang, Is it Any Good

Its not..
a friend of mine is a manager of a local radio shack. he and I tested one out a while back .. it falls well into the "toy" category and cheaply made one at that it has a single servo ( if you want to call it that ) that controls the rudder its nonpropotional.. its either full on or off ( the o'l tap tap turn ) no joy sticks but a controller that looks more like something you would use on a nintendo ( the very first nintendo btw) . the throttle control is semi proportional as in it has three speeds low/medium/high ( button must be held down to keep it in High). and you "must" use high to just keep it in the air since its way under powered..
it does fly though .. but its not easy to do .. took us about an hour of trying to get it to stay in the air more than a few seconds there is no way a beginner could ever get it to fly. we did finally get it to stay in the air for a full battery charge ( 90 seconds is all the battery lasts ) but its an extreme chore to just keep it in the air .. and its radio range is pathetic .. 100 to 150 feet at best
it is tough though .. we crached it hundreds of times with little or no damage... if there selling it for $10 or less buy one .. you may have some fun with it.. but its NO way worth the $60 or $70 that it was priced at originally..

PX
Old 02-25-2005, 04:19 AM

Default RE: Radio Shack P-51 Mustang, Is it Any Good

Thanks [&o]