Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 Needing help forming a opinnion PLEASE!! >

Needing help forming a opinnion PLEASE!!

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Needing help forming a opinnion PLEASE!!

Old 02-25-2005, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing help forming a opinnion PLEASE!!

If you had one & only one plane to learn on and GROW with what would that plane be and why?
I am wanting to spread my wings in the worst way so I need some real help with this.
I am looking for a RTF or a ARF that is pretty durable. I am going to keep a tally on this for the next week or so and give my decision when I have made it.
I am looking for a GOOD deal on a used plane.Your suggestion will not go unnoticed.
Thanks for all of the help.
The old saying is Better to learn from someone elses mistakes so here I am.

Thanks

ps: This is my very first post so I am sorry if i said something wrong.[]
Old 02-25-2005, 08:34 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Needing help forming a opinnion PLEASE!!

Hello and welcome to the wonderful world of posting its so cool to be able to get help and advice from people all over the world.

Now, I would answer your question with one of my own. Do you have previous flight experience?

If not, I would recommend the GWS Slow Stick, one of the best electric planes to learn on and have a blast doing it. its cheap, reasonably durable, and very easy to fly. and it does great on the stock motor.

if you do have experience, I would recommend a foamie like the E-Flite Tribute. they're easy to put together (or back together ) quite stable on low rates, but 3d capable at high rate. Id go with a brushless rather than the stock power system.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:25 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you said learning on..I agree with badsplice..I started with the GWS pico stick instead of the slow stick..but either would be fine to learn on..I never had one but I hear the slow stick flys slower..better for training.......Rog
Old 02-25-2005, 09:48 PM

Grass Steel

Another vote for the Slow Stick for a few reasons.

1: it does fly well and does fly slow
2: the equipment you buy for the Slow Stick can be moved to you next plane
3: with the S300 motor, it has plenty of power and lengthly flight time.

The down side of the Slow Stick

1: in the beginning you need little to no wind
2: those darn props break very easy ( get lots of super glue to be followed up with 5 min epoxy).

If you are willing to wait for no wind ( as all beginners should), willing to spend a few bucks on equipment ( that can move to your next plane), and willing to suffer the frustration of breaking props ( as we all did in the beginning).

Then this hobby/plane is for you.

Last week I put together a video for some online friends http://users.adelphia.net/~afineman/ the middle section is of me and my brother flying Slow Sticks.

In the end there is NO FINER plane to start this hobby with than the Slow Stick.

Good luck and I hope it helps