Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

EasyStar Questions

Old 02-26-2005, 12:50 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EasyStar Questions

Hello,
I am wondering what kind of paint is safe for foam? I plan on painting my EasyStar a color I like.

Also, does anyone know what kind of 400 motor comes with the ARF kit? I haven't received mine yet.

Last, what kind of ESC can we use for the ARF EasyStar 400 motor? What kind of connectors does the motor have? Does the ESC have to have BEC and "Break"?

Thank you!
Old 02-27-2005, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EasyStar Questions

Well, I have not painted my EZ*, but I've heard that Tamiya model paints work ok. You'll have to lightly (VERY lightly, like 400 grit or so) sand the surfaces to be painted to get rid of factory finish and stuff or the paint may peel.
The stock motor is a Permax 6V Speed 400.
The stock ESC is a Multi X-08. Its good for 8-10 cells, 8 Amp continuous (11 A Max). Has BEC. I would HIGHLY recommend you have BEC so you dont have to add another battery to run the rest of the radio gear, and Brake is also recommended. The Easystar is a great glider once the motor is shut off in flight and a brake will stop the prop from turning. This creates less drag than a free spinning prop (I know it dont make sense, but it works!)
I dont know about connectors for the motor, as mine was an RTF and was soldered direct with no connectors.

Mike