Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Places to fly in Scottsdale

Old 03-03-2005, 01:56 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Places to fly in Scottsdale

I am planning a trip to Scottsdale over Easter to visit my parents. Would like suggestions of parks (not club kinda guy myself) to fly electric. This lets me escape with my brother and do something fun. Also suggestion of local hobby shop would be appreciated.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:21 PM

Default RE: Places to fly in Scottsdale

ORIGINAL: travelmaven

I am planning a trip to Scottsdale over Easter to visit my parents. Would like suggestions of parks (not club kinda guy myself) to fly electric. This lets me escape with my brother and do something fun. Also suggestion of local hobby shop would be appreciated.
What part of Scottsdale?

We're in Tempe and have some places scoped out. Thoroughly enjoyed meeting (and flying with) another traverl recently.

I'm always game for new adventures (G)
Old 03-03-2005, 03:30 PM

well, if you mean scottsdale, az. then I to am not to much of a club guy either. So, if it is North Scottsdale one of the better places is 36th st and beardsley(its just east of cave creek)

For a hobby shop, I don't know about you but I will travel far and wide for a good HOBBY SHOP(not a retail store) but there is one kinda close to the parks location. It is called Frank's Hobby House(32st. and Cactus) there informative and have most goods in stock.....Have fun.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:42 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Scottsdale AZ near Camelback and Hayden. Thanks.

Old 03-03-2005, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: travelmaven
Scottsdale AZ near Camelback and Hayden. Thanks.
When we lived in Scottsdale, it was within a mile or so of where you're taking about (Indian School & Hayden), Mostly I flew east of Pima road on the edge of the reservation. It's seen a lot of build up in that area, and I haven't flown there in years.

However, Dropping down to Tempe, and I've been very surprises. Tempe's parks and schools are excellent and no hassle with using facilities. We fly at both our kids' schools (much to the delight of the principals and kids) and at any of several local parks.

If you'd like to throw me email ([email protected]) I'd be glad to kick it around with you. Maybe we can even hook up for a couple hours and go fly.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:36 PM

I fly at Mcormick Ranch park in North Scottsdale, very nice place huge area. In south scottsdale at Yavapai elementary. There is a large park area but i fly in that open field area by the street then fly over the park if i need more room. Glad to see some people here in Arizona
Old 03-03-2005, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Iturnright

I fly at Mcormick Ranch park in North Scottsdale, very nice place huge area. In south scottsdale at Yavapai elementary. There is a large park area but i fly in that open field area by the street then fly over the park if i need more room. Glad to see some people here in Arizona
That's the McCormick ranch "Train park?" One of our kid's favorite places (well, mine too), but a long trek for us now days (G)
Old 03-03-2005, 11:25 PM

no not that one, its by a school in scottsdale its pretty far north though if that is too far don't know what to say other than the other place I said.