Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

FireBat+ Hacker A-20= Kick *****

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

FireBat+ Hacker A-20= Kick *****

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 05:13 PM
Rapto3640

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FireBat+ Hacker A-20= Kick *****

I just got back from the local High school field and I must say that the Firebat is extreamly perky with the knew Hacker A-20-20L Out-Runner. this thing has at least a .9 to 1 ttw and great battery life ( 3cell 1500 Kokam) now I am happy with this pile of Foam. I have a modified control set up ( the Ailerons are Balsa and are tied to the canard) If you want to know how to do this reply and I will get a knew post going on the subject. pictures will come later.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:24 PM
iflyatcae

Default RE: FireBat+ Hacker A-20= Kick *****

Hey, sounds good. How much was the motor? Ive been less than satisfied with my firebat's power system and was looking for a good hopup. Keep up the good flyin.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Rapto3640

the motor was ~$70 and the 25 amp ESC was ~$70 as well and the prop is a 10X4.7 APC-E Slow fly NE-Sail had a great deal at the WRAM Show
Old 09-08-2005, 07:36 PM
turbotb0205
My Feedback: (31)

.. you wanna have some fun with the firebat ... knock the nose off the beast ... i got extremely fed up with mine not flying i took the nose completely off of it at the front of the wing .. sanded and molded it a bit ..... not its elevon controlled .. castle creations 25A speed controll and a eflite park 370 outrunner swingin a APC 9x6 prop ... lol talk about fast with a ton of power and other than me not having a dual rate capable radio .. "kinda twitchy the first few flights" it turns like its on rails ... if you guys are interested in what i did lemme know ill take some pics for you all ...
Old 11-06-2005, 08:08 PM
iflyatcae

I'll take you up on some pics.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:28 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to see what you guys have done, too.

I have a new-in-the-box Firebat sitting in the shop (Christmas gift) and a new RCer Warp 4 3T brushless motor looking for a home. Teamed up with a Phoenix 35 ESC and 3S 2100mah 15C LiPo, I'm thinking it should fly pretty well....

Good flying,
desmobob
Old 03-12-2006, 03:02 AM
turbotb0205

what you have there sounds a heap better than what i did.. the biggest problem with the firebat is the canard.. its too thick and hard to set up causes irratic movement in the air.. if your flies well with the canard more power to ya.. i tried all kinds of setups and different cg locations and i couldnt get it to fly to save my life till i knocked the nose off of it and did away with the canard setup completely "basically turning it into delta wing" and it flies great now without any trouble

best of luck to ya with it ..
Old 04-03-2006, 07:27 AM
fred.adler

I tried my firebat yesterday for the first time. Mega 16\15\4 on 8 Nmh Kan 1050 cells and 7x3 APC prop. Takeoff was almost vertical and canard down would not get the nose down. Low throttle climbed well but was controllable. Then it turned downwind on full throttle and immediately tucked nose under and dived. Full up on canard did nothing to pull it out. Throttle off and full up brings nose up and it glides beautifully under control. Maybe wing needs more reflex than I have in it. Or canard overcomes a big servo due to flight load at speed. Could safely potter around on low throttle to set up landing. Wild - unpredictable. A club member suggested fixing the canard in place and using elevons for control. Any suggestions on the tuck under and dive at high speed?[ul][*] [*] [*]
[/ul]
Old 04-03-2006, 03:00 PM
turbotb0205

jst take the canard completely off.. and change it to dual servo for the ailerons and get an elevon mixer youll be much happier with and youll have a very high roll rate
now one thing i do suggest otherwise is that you either use balsa or blue core foam to make new elevons.. either way youll be much stronger than the flimsy
foam that they currently use

Ejnoy
Old 06-19-2006, 05:13 PM
SGecko

Where can you get the Firebat now? I used to have one a long time ago (before brushless was as cheap as it is now) and was never happy. I am thinking about looking into another but can't find a place that sells them.

Thanks
Old 06-19-2006, 06:47 PM
turbotb0205

currently the only place you will find a firebat would be of course on here... or ebay .. might find a LHS with a few left from back in the day but doubtfull... i really suggest you jst get a multiplex skyscooter instead much better and almost exactly the same aircraft youll be much happier
Old 06-20-2006, 10:02 AM
SGecko

I always liked the look of the Firebat.

What about the 2 planes is almost exactly the same?

Space Scooter

Firebat

I believe that you might be right about being happier but the Sky Scooter just doesn't cut it in the looks department.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:55 AM
turbotb0205

oops.. i think i may have been thinkin of the twin jet lol..
Old 06-20-2006, 12:08 PM
SGecko

That's makes more sense