Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

SUPERSONIC mini plane mods...

Old 04-24-2005, 09:29 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUPERSONIC mini plane mods...

This is for the supersonic mini plane sold at Raidentech .com..its a $24.95 plane..and with a wingspan around 20"..canniot really be considered a micro plane...its more like a small parkflyer..and because of this Im gonna post in this forum about it..In its stk form..the plane comes with everything needed to fly,,and for a $25 plane..actually flys great..once you trim it out correctly..by adjusting the 2 elevators down ward at about a 45 degree angle..this is needed because the plane is extremely tail heavy..also the rudder needs to be bent to the right about a 1/16th of an inch...I have not met anyone that decided to turn this plane into full functioning 3 channel plane{ in its stk form..there are no elevators/esc..etc.} ..so I decided to take the plunge...keep in mind..this is the supersonic plane and not the syma preserver which is much smaller with a wingspan of only 10"..
The supersonic is actually 2 halfs of foam..glues/taped together..with alot of inside room for mounting servos and all the other components needed to turn it into a great 3 ch. flyer..one you peel off all the stickers..you will be able to take a razor knife and slowly split the plane into 2 halfs...the total weight of this plane with battery installed is 2.8ozs ..incredibly..once you pull out all the stk components and put in the new electrics..the plane will be a few grams lighter...if you purchase the components I list...the other great thing is all the neccesary electrics cost less then $120..you will then own a great fling mini plane..that is so light..it can be flown in your front yard..above the streets {at your own risk of course} ..and you will have full function to fly and do acrobatics...and if you happen to hit a car or house/etc..the plane is so light there is very lil damage incurred..as the weight of the plane isnt enuff to destroy itself....the next thread is a list of components...
Old 04-24-2005, 09:44 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

Default RE: SUPERSONIC mini plane mods...

after hours of research,I was able to find 1 place that sold all the gear I needed to get this plane up and running..allerc.com has it all and free shipping over $75...sos heres the list

1.GWS PICO RECIEVER. $19.25..make sure you get the right one for your transmitter..mines an airtronics so I ordered the J rec.
2.POLY QUEST 7.4V 300MAH 10 LIPO PACK-$17.95
3.INTERFLIGHT 4.3GRAM SUB-MICRO SERVO $13.95 EACH..YOU NEED 2 OF THEM
4. 12" JST EXT....2 OF THESE..WHICH WILL BE USED TO CUT OFF THE CONNECTOR ENDS..AND BE SOLDERED TO THE ESC/AND YOUR CHARGER FOR CHARGING THE LIPO..AND TO SOLDER TO THE LIPO PACK ITSELF..$1.95 EACH
5. GWS 72FM PICO/NARO CRYSTAL $7
6.CASTLE CREATIONS PIXIE 7P....$29.95....you can go with a cheaper esc..but it wont have programming for voltage cutoff ..which I wanted since this is my 1st venture with a lipo pack.
7. GWS ELECTRICAL D.D. POWER SYSTEM W/2 EP3020 PROPS...the props are 3x2..but I choose to use a 5x4 mini piper prop I had laying around...which worked great...I have no idea if the ep3020 props will work or not

I mounted my servos to the insides of the l/r fuselage using double sided sticky tape..and mounted the rec. the same way but up towards the nose..did the same with the lipo pack,,up towards the nose..and once you cut off the black foam nose on the stk plane..you will see theres already a hole there for the motor to go in..it just needs to be sanded out a bit larger and the motor will slide in...and can be glued in the nose..this is my 1st real mod attempt and it went great..the plane is a blast in the air..but make sure you reinforce the underside of the wing with a good strong fiberglass tape..or it will snap in 2 pieces doing full speed loops..which is what it did to me the 1st time out..amazingly this plane also glides beuatifully when the power is shut off..if you have any question on being succesful with this mod..post them..and I will answer...
Old 04-24-2005, 09:53 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

you will also need to cut a piece of foam to make a control surface for the elevator that will be taped to the existing elevator...the rudder doesnt need any additional comtrol surface mounted to it..but you will need to cut thru the indentation with a razor knife..and then tape it...so it will easily move under the servos control...I had a couple xtra t-hawk servo horns laying around..and just cut a slot into the surface of the rudder/elevator control surface..and glued the horns in..I think this is gonna be my new favorite plane for quite a while..nothing like being able to fly a plane right off your front porch above all the other houses...
Old 04-26-2005, 08:15 PM
mrluke

MP
Any ideas on how to make floats for this plane? I would like to try to land and take off out of my pool
Old 04-27-2005, 03:13 AM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

I hope you have a big poool..anywyas..why not just take off the wheel off the landing gear..and make some styrofoam floats..that would go right onto the landning gear wire??...might work
Old 04-27-2005, 07:16 PM
mrluke

that's the plan, but I have no idea where to even start!
Old 05-11-2005, 04:15 PM
MUSIC PUBLISHER

heres the link..thread...