Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

F27 STRYKER,WAY PAST THE LIMITS!

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

F27 STRYKER,WAY PAST THE LIMITS!

Old 05-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F27 STRYKER,WAY PAST THE LIMITS!

Ok guy's, here's the start of another successful STRYKER thread.
Newbies go to part 1, F27 stryker, for all the hints, tips, and hop ups.
This one's for the guys who want to go way past the limits of the stock version.
But even if you are a newbie, you're more than welcome to come along for the ride, we were all newbies at one time. WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION!
Old 05-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Glacier Girl

Default RE: F27 STRYKER,WAY PAST THE LIMITS!

Voodoo,
Thrust is checked with a scale. Put nose on scale,zero out scale, and go WOT.
But don't hold for long, it's hard on motor with no cooling air flow. This will give static thrust.
Also watch for spinning prop, they bite.
BJ
p.s.
I did a quick check on Motocalc, You didn't say which prop, so I ran 3 most common. with your set up.
MAS 16.6 thrust, 16.4 amps
APC 17.0 14.6
Grapner 17.5 15.3
What Esc are you running, even with a 25 you can step up to a 7X6 and still be in the ballpark.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:33 AM
hrwatson68

Ahhh you beat me to the first post BJ, not fair! [>:]. Welcome to all new pilots and old alike. I have 1 Stock Stryker with upgrades and 1 Modified Stryker along with 7 other airplanes and 2 helicopters. If you need help with your Stryker, We are the elders of Stryker Land. We help each other and newbies to help grow the Park Flyer craze, and to enlighten and entertain each other as well.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:19 AM
chippedprop

I was going to ask,What happens when we get to 100 pages.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:41 PM
burnt_sandwich

I myself am one of the n00bs in progression to a successful stryker-flyer with the help of the veterans.

Emailed BP today about my BP21 and ESC combo, they reckon that the stock 900mah batteries can't handle the amps, so I guess I'm going to have to go lipo. I don't really want to waste any money on more NiMHs.

Has anyone seen this site? [link]http://www.purehobby.com/index.html[/link] They seem to have some really cheap prices on Lipos, so I might consider getting one or two shipped over to the UK.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Maine_Flyer

BS from what I gather so far their service and prices are very good and I enjoyed doing business with them.. I have two 3s3100N coming from them and I can't wait to try them out on the zebraII......

watts meter just came in WOW! .. I had no idea I was drawing so much... granted these are static tests ..

CBP1150 10cell/12v pack starts at 13.8v align 400LF 2500kv with the 6x4 APC- WOT it draws 17amps static, 195 watts..
CBP1150 10cell/12v pack starts at 14.2v " " " " " 6x5.5 APC- WOT draws 23 amps static, 223 watts..
question for the vets: what percentage of static amp draw can I expect inflight? ..... my ESC is good for 25amps if I'm 23 static what am I in flight?

no wonder my batts are getting warm! (GULP!) [X(] I gotta hand it to the CBP1150 cells they really give it up!

once I get my packs from http://www.purehobby.com I should be able to go back to the 6x5.5 plus be 2.5 oz lighter, those packs are rated for 37 amps continuous! 45amp bursts! ..... where's the mailman!!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Maine_Flyer

BS, your correct, the stock cells suck, lucky if they are 8c rated.. the black cells in the batteryspace packs are twice as good IMO.. I'm talking about the two 7 cell packs for 20 bucks they were selling.. I was building packs from them that were wicked.. prolly 15C .. the 8cell packs they are selling are of the same caliber as the stock cells...(junk) probably Okay for a stock setup but not brushless..

the cells that were very good were black in color not the light blue ones..
CBP puts together an good pack if you want to try 8-10 cell nimh.. the CBP1150s really put out..

rock on!
Old 05-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Maine_Flyer

ORIGINAL: chippedprop

I was going to ask,What happens when we get to 100 pages.
terminal velocity! "poof!" gone
Old 05-06-2005, 07:26 PM
hrwatson68

Ok, here is the first test video, please be patient it is over 5MB, and the quality is not great(If someone with alot of money feels sorry for me and wants to give me a DV camcorder for my birthday so I can capture with firewire, I would'nt gripe about it. I thin it would be best to just download it by right clicking the link and selecting save target. Anglefire does not allow direct file linking, so you need to go to the page and click on it there.

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/tengt

Old 05-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Freshmeat

Watson FYI
Nice house jumping but the Stryker said corrupted couldnt play, might be me.

Got my first 9 minute flight with the Lipo on Stock Stryker now its not the sonnectors or the ESC I have to worry about, The motor got real hot, So even when I upgrade my ESC to handle the Lipo I still wont be able to keep it in the air longer then that for fear of smoking the motor. I ll be able to upgrade all my electronics in about 3 weeks- The new fuse is just sitting waiting to be built. Cant wait.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:40 PM
Glacier Girl

B/S
I've had very good luck with PolyQuest line. Run nothing else. They do what they say they do.
If you're are serious, PM me about them.

MainFlyer,
I ran Motocalc on similar motor, specs about same as you found with meter. Amps climbed just slightly in flight per Motocalc, but still under 25, with 6X5.5

Chippedprop,
why worry about 100 pages, with your Lawn Dart, you'll be luck to live past 50, but if you make it, I'll send you a gold star.[X(]

Hr,
I'm going to revoke your pocket protector, I couldn't get Stryker to play, buggy wasn't bad though. Quit teasing.
BJ
Old 05-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Glacier Girl

Freshmeat,
How many cells are you running? 3? 11.1 volts on a 9.6 motor, does tend to get things hot, but wait till it smokes in mid air, it will look like your bird was hit. Smoke pouring out the back as she goes down.[X(]
Old 05-06-2005, 09:47 PM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Neither could I till I downloaded it and then played it......right click and save.....
Old 05-06-2005, 10:06 PM
hrwatson68

Ok, I fixed it, and I added yet another collision...

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/tengt/

Now you can just click on the video to see it instead of downloading it.

Chippedprop, I'm still waiting for your video and one other person.... scotta1 that's it.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Freshmeat

GG-
Yep 3c 2100....That is very interesting-It would look really cool......once. Ill just keep my foot off it until I change out that motor.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:33 PM
voodoo51

My beast after a year, she is worked who sells the fuse online cheap?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44160.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	268036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99353.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	268037  
Old 05-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Glacier Girl

Hr,
Thanks man. Seeing it is good when you can't be doing it.

Voodoo,
You have a fuselage that lasted a year? Jeeze I've been through 5 in that time, you're flying too safely. Or you're a much better pilot. LOL Give me your address, I'll send Murphy over, he's getting way to comfortable at my house.[:@]
As for fuselages, that's a problem, lot's of places sell, no one has, I found 3 in UK with Cadetman's assistance, shipped 2 weeks ago, still not here.
BJ
Old 05-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Glacier Girl

To all,
On the other site, Kfong has done some vented hatches on CNC mill. Offered to do to yours for $5.00 + shipping. Very trick looking.
BJ
Old 05-07-2005, 01:30 PM
RayRay

Hi Stryker fanatics,

Wow! I see we exhausted the old thread and going on to part 2.

After I replaced the stock Rx/ESC with another, I noticed that when the Tx is set to low rates, the plane is actually on high rates and visa-versa.
Any clue as to how this happened [sm=confused.gif]

Thank you,

Ray Ray
Old 05-07-2005, 02:59 PM
americonium

Hey RayRay,

Could your switch have been spun around?
Old 05-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Maine_Flyer

rayray, mine did the exact same thing when I changed out the rx with another stock replacement... had to crack open the tx and reverse the switch... my post on it is back in the other thread..
you'll also notice that the heatsink on the rx is much smaller, so supply it with some air via a louver cut in the hatch just above it.. just cut a slight 'C' shaped cut with both ends facing to the rear and lift it up a little.. it'll supply plenty of air to the mosfet/mini heatsink..

gotta love PZ spare parts... one size fits all... NOT!

as soon as you can muster it I'd be changing out the whole mess with real gear... it's a bottomless pit that'll nickel and dime you to death.. been there and done it .. got lucky and a guy wrecked my POS! and bought it for replacement cost .. to date I don't think I've ever seen a stryker hit the deck so hard... guy's still flyin' it but I order him on average a servo gearset a week.. LOL and he's on HIS second rx and I replaced it twice.. that's 4 RXs, about 15 servo, plus 5 gear sets... all in the same plane[:'(].. granted he's smackin' it into anything that doesn't move.. fuses are tough.. stock gear is junk... just an opinion
Old 05-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Maine_Flyer

ORIGINAL: americonium

Hey RayRay,

Could your switch have been spun around?
nope, it can't, you have to remove it to rotate it. if I remember right I had to remove the gimble to do it..
Old 05-07-2005, 03:10 PM
burnt_sandwich

Just ordered my 2000mah 3cell Kokams with deans ultra connectors, so we should find out what a BP21 is like on lipo in a few days. Cant wait, havent flown since completely stock setup, and now everything is changed out, should be a bit of a handfull!
Old 05-07-2005, 03:14 PM
hrwatson68

Just remember, if you have not set up dual rates on your non-stock transmitter, you will be very twitchy until you learn the new radio setup. My Super Stryker will roll 360 degrees in a 1/2 second. I am going to set up the dual rate function so I can use a mild program for launch, and then turn it loose after I reach altitude.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Glacier Girl

Hr,
Good point about dual rates. Want to see really twitchy? Drop rods to bottom hole on horns.[X(]
High speeds and full throws make some real "pucker factor" flying adventures.
Though you can make the bird crawl on landings, just about drop it like a heli.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.