Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Mountain Models Switchback

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 01:08 AM
simsrc89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mountain Models Switchback

I recently downloaded a Switchback to fly on FMS, and It flies fabulous. It can do plenty of manuevers, and is a pure blast to fly. Has anyone flown both the real Switchback, and the FMS version? I would like to know how the two compare. If the FMS version flies like the real one, I would definitely want to get one. But, if it just a spoof, and the real one flies like a wounded duck, I wouldn't want to get one. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

SimsRc89
Old 10-15-2002, 03:34 PM
E-Challenged

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SB FMS Vs Real

I flew my SB 3D yesterday for the first time. I have been practicing on FMS using my Saitek joysticks. The real thing is a lot easier to fly because of real perspective, but the sim for 3D version is quite accurate. I think that the sim helped in showing me what to expect. I assembled the plane so that I could add the sport wing later if wanted. After first trim flight I know I will not want the sport wing. Plane flies as if it had some dihedral. If you have aileron experience, you shouldn't need the sport wing. I flew the @#$%$out of it in winds that were blowing my other models off the picnic table. Got 10 minutes+ with 8 720mah NiMh
cells and GWS 300C(B) geardrive, 9X7 GWS prop. Total weight is 13.6 oz. I am happy with the speed and it does it all at low and high speeds. I have landing gear reversed and bent forward. (Prevents nose overs), toe in wheels slightly. Use a little right rudder to counteract torque during ROG takeoffs. Have not hand-launched yet. Use right rudder trim for hand-launches. Use about 3/4 throttle for take off. There you have it all
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	30677_13904.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	19465  
Old 10-15-2002, 10:56 PM
simsrc89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mountain Models Switchback

Thank you very much. I will probably get one soon, it is a blast to fly on FMS.