Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

mini electric ducted fans

Old 12-12-2002, 04:29 AM
speleopower
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini electric ducted fans

Does anyone have a recommendation for small electric ducted fan units. I'm wanted to fly a twin ducted fan plane weighing about 15-20ounces plus or minus a few.
I'm needing info on thrust for each availible unit. I was looking at VASA fan 55's they maybe to large. My wanted plane has a wing span of about 36inches.
thanks-Scott
Old 12-19-2002, 07:36 PM
Mghines

The Vasa 55 units are nice units and the diameter of each is only about 2-1/2", so they shouldn't be too large for a 36" WS model.

These units work well with standard Speed 300 6V motors on 7 cells or for a brushless upgrade they really put out with the Model Motors Mini AC 1215/16 Brushless, but at a higher cost.

Mike Hines
Old 12-22-2002, 06:24 PM
Mike Caspari

I get nice thrust from a 20 turn mini-ac in a wattage fan unit. About 13 oz thrust on 10 600ae's. 15 oz thrust on 11 cells. I noticed on a smaller fan like the vasa 55 that the brushless would not pull the amps. You still get more power at less amps than the speed 300 in a vasa 55. It's worth the money. I am still testing the 16 turn mini-ac.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:46 PM
speleopower
My Feedback: (1)

Default mini ducted fans

The airframe I'm thinking of should not weigh more than 1/2-3/4 pound. I plan on using two fan units. It's sounding like 2 GWS fans would provide enough thrust.
Please keep the replies coming. I'll figure out wing area etc as I get time.
thanks Scott