Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

CERMARK DRAGONFLY

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 10:12 AM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CERMARK DRAGONFLY

Hi all, For those of you who might have that Cermark Dragonfly for some backyard flying!!!.. We all know how under powered it is in stock form, even on lipo it lacks thrust.. So, after wearing out my brushes.... went down to 3 LHS to find a BL upgrade. NO LUCK.. unless you cut up that nice fiberglass fuselage to make a small out runner fit, which is what some flyers have down. Well, turns out that after contacting Cermark to address the issue... Cermark has released a BL inrunner 2030, direct screw on that eliminates the gear reduction. For $89.95 they provide the motor, 7 or 8A ESC, and a 2c 900 lipo. The stock folding prop ... 6x4 is still a match and direct fit for propulsion. Well thought I would let everyone know who is looking to keep a Dragonfly in the air without doing a demo and mod. Happy flying to all.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:12 AM
stoneenforcer

Default RE: CERMARK DRAGONFLY

OK. got the bl setup installed. CG is difficult to acheive...seems the new BL motor is heavier than stock motor. Moved esc way back and lipo back to the max.. but still a little nose heavy, just a little. It is flying quite well though and handles a stronger breeze. Overall, power is much much stronger than stock of course allowing for quick vertical gains, for thermal glides and high speed silent passes. I had to open the two front vent holes to allow more air to flow. The motor did come with a heat sink, but it won't fit into the fuse. Figures! Well thats it for now.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:43 PM
jmtdmt
My Feedback: (1)

stoneenforcer ,

Can you tell who made the motor and what the Kv is ?
Old 06-16-2006, 09:53 AM
stoneenforcer

CEM, 2040kv
Old 06-16-2006, 10:26 AM
jmtdmt
My Feedback: (1)

stoneenforcer ,

Thanks for the info ! I ordered a Feigao 1308434S (2753 Kv) on sale at Balsa Products will try to run it without a gear box. Good luck ! with your Dragonfly
Old 10-08-2008, 01:59 AM
snowboyd

OH MY LITTLE DRAGONFLY HOW I MISS YOU!!
The best glider I have ever had. Were all hotted up with brushless to enter a duration event, then the HK jungle claimed you when flying in very strong winds.