Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:04 AM
zzz12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Wish the spitfire had landing gear. Looks a good plane.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Bigtone

You can always add them your self, the eflite p-47 landing gear maybe a good pick for the PZ spit.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL6007
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64273.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	594888  
Old 01-10-2007, 08:23 PM
dannyrsturbo

mine arrives tomorow i got the hanger 9 p51 pts and a pz focke wolf cannot waaait till the morning ,if its windy im gonna be sick
Old 01-11-2007, 07:18 AM
zzz12

Is the foam better on the front of the pz spitfire for bad landings. To stop it cracking up. I have the pz mustang the foam is not that good on it. Thing of getting it
Old 01-12-2007, 02:14 PM
drebins2003

will admit tho it dose look like a nice looking plane but is it going to have the same brushless motor as the fw and the p 51 coz i didnt rate it much a little under powerd i think???? for a standard kit.
y carnt peeps have the chose of an optonal upgrads with pz motor eletronics ect ect they wud make a fortune.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Bigtone

The P-51, FW 190 and Spitfire have a brushed 480 motor, you can upgrade to a lipo for more power. Six-Series Brushless 2000Kv and 2700Kv Motors (28mm) EFLM2000 and EFLM2005 by E-FLITE is an ideal upgrade for brushed 400 and 480 motors or models requiring up to 325 or 400 watts of power. These motors should bolt right in the the stock gearbox!

EFLM2000
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLM2000

EFLM2005
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLM2005

ORIGINAL: drebins2003

will admit tho it dose look like a nice looking plane but is it going to have the same brushless motor as the fw and the p 51 coz i didnt rate it much a little under powerd i think???? for a standard kit.
y carnt peeps have the chose of an optonal upgrads with pz motor eletronics ect ect they wud make a fortune.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:54 PM
flyingace451

if you want the cost to stay in the 179.00 range that why bigger prop or more blades means more motor i like parkzone i have the 51 and 190 with lipos cant go wrong for the money and iam sure ill buy the spit that my all time fav cant wait to bad it wasn't before XMAS
I'm sorry for being picky, but puncuation goes a long way. It gets harder to read when it is not in the standard English language. This is a forum, not a cell phone.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:58 PM
dannyrsturbo

hey drebins im from connahs quay i got the focke wolf 190 PZ and a p51 pts and a seagull boomerang not to far if u wanna come flying sometime dude ..and flying ace if people dont live up to your typing expectations tough,, they certainly dont have to match your standards , learn to read , if u dont like the way he typed so what , learn to be a lil forgiving of people not up to your ridiculouse standards of grammer...freedom of speech....and he happens to speek like people over here and type ' i cud type like dat if i wanoooo m8888t ...misrable so an so u are
Old 01-13-2007, 12:10 AM
solar696

ORIGINAL: flyingace451

This brings up a question, what exactly are the advantages to a 2 blade prop verses a 3 or 4 blade? Thrust? Speed? Both?

don't mean to beat a dead horse, but here is what I know (form boat 's point of view) this may have nothing to do with airplanes but it is good info and closely related.
(on boats) 2 blade is the most efficient, because it creates less drag (in the water) , the more blade in the water the more drag. following this idea, a one blade prop would be the best , but it would be horribly unbalanced. some use surface drives or surface piercing drive , as the boat get up to speed (on plane) the propshaft is level with the water (using 2 blade prop) , only one blade is in the water while the other is on the surface. Only one blade dragging in the water.
this setup throws some awesome roost of water behind the boat.

Most racers use 2 blade props. 2 blade is for speed ,3 or more blades is for torque thrust. On most recriational boat 3 blade is a good balance for speed and torque.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:12 AM
solar696

Why not steerable tail wheel with rudder on this new plane? It is so nice in windy conditions and when taxiing.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:54 AM
zzz12

[img][/img]
Old 01-13-2007, 03:53 PM
Oregon Craig

[nothing][/nothing]
Old 01-15-2007, 09:27 AM
afpe45

best price for UK spit flyers is £106 available end of jan do a search then.
cheers.
anyone seen the two stick L/hand throttle ver in the UK. It is suposed to be the standard for UK. (Hope it is)
afpe45.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Bigtone

The thread can be for whatever that deals with the PZ Spit.

ORIGINAL: afpe45

I can't wait for a PZ spit mod Thread to be started, (@ Bigtone, is your thread going to be for mods?) at least one mod won't need to be done, it has a top battery hatch.
pity it doesn't come with rudder , landing gear and brushless as standard ,or as an option.

two stick ver is standard for UK ,any one know if it is l/h throttle.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Bigtone

Hey dannyrsturbo, how does the spit fly?

ORIGINAL: dannyrsturbo

mine arrives tomorow i got the hanger 9 p51 pts and a pz focke wolf cannot waaait till the morning ,if its windy im gonna be sick
Old 01-17-2007, 02:52 PM
dannyrsturbo

its been to windy the last few days im ripping my hair out here lol...im buying anotherairframe for display though..its very pretty
Old 01-18-2007, 03:54 PM
zzz12

Has some one got a home video of pz spitfire flying.Would llike to see a home one not parkzone video. Or some home pic would be nice. YES it is wind in uk .
Old 01-18-2007, 03:57 PM
dannyrsturbo

YES it is wind in the uk........are u an asian ? yes it is windy....
Old 01-18-2007, 07:09 PM
afpe45

QUOTE: dannyrsturbo Date 1/18/2007 8:57:35 PM
YES it is wind in the uk........are u an asian ? yes it is windy.... .
?????[&o].

I went up the slope (or rather didn't ) with one of my slopers, it was howling a gale, I only went a third of the way up the slope
and launched it(any further up and it would have been ripped out of my hand) what an exillereting flight , As soon as I launched
it went sailing the rest of the way up the slope backwards(under control) then I dived to get some forward momentum and flew around for a while, then landed at the bottom of the slope where I had walked while flying, and went home to the news of the wind blowing down trees and people getting killed, the wind where I was (in rochdale)seemed to be around 35 to 40 mph, it is a good job I didn't go up the slope I would have been blown away, and yes I am mad ,I often go out when no one else will, I have lost a few planes that way but I like the challenge,

way off topic but I got carried away.

afpe45.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:23 PM
afpe45

sorry I posted twice so I deleated this one.

afpe45.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:53 PM
dannyrsturbo

hey sounds like fun man, lol as long as its fun..your on the right track lol
Old 01-19-2007, 12:29 AM
afpe45

@dannyrsturbo,
yes loads of fun, I don't do it with expensive models though just ones bought at tabletop sales and zagis and the like, I usualy slope in winds from 10mph to 30 mph(that is quite fast enough), I will be sloping myPZ spitfire (Just to be on topic)
just as I do with my PZ P-51 Mustang(frankie), I go up the slope(brown wardle hill)
and combine sloping with powered(electric)flight, and with stock kit can stay up for about 1 hour, no one else does, as I said I am Mad and do things the others wont do, I am even the only one in my club that flys left hand throttle as well so I am realy a compleate loner but then left hand throttle is the right way to fly (so I have been told).
the others are either up the slope with gliders or down the bottom with power(ic) or electric.
we all leave pegs at the power site before going up the hill just in case you were wondering.
I can't wait to see if PZ release a plug and play model of the spit, they have a replacement airframe which is almost the same thing I suppose, then maybe I will have one for electric flying and one solely for sloping ,it would be lighter which is better, so
I think that is what I will do,
has anyone thought of a spit mods thread yet,I think I might have already asked that ,but it wont hurt to keep on about it

afpe45.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:53 PM
dannyrsturbo

i did see a geared brushless adapter that looked great for the spitfir eim going to take a hunt through to see where it was now , i maily fly my p51 pts in stronger winds as it loves it , but theres a place here called moel famau not far from chester im gonna take a crack at flying with virtualy no engine sounds fun and i bet it prolongs ya flights as well ;-)
Old 01-19-2007, 01:36 PM
afpe45

@dannyrsturbo,

have you got pemission to fly on moel famau ?. if not there is an office nearby where you can get it sorted, and make sure you have your licence up to date.

I havent flown on moel famau but I have been there a few times ,lovely view nice little landing spot, loads of paragliders.

refering to the post by zzz12
, try and get some video footage of the p-51 sloping but post in a different thread, with a link here
so as to keep this thread for the PZ spitfire (I know I started going off topic but lets try and get it back,
further to the post by zzz12
Lets see some video footage of the SPIT other than the Parkzone video.
afpe45
Old 01-20-2007, 09:00 AM
zzz12

Went out today and got a parkzone spitfire.Its a lot better made than the mustang.Can not wait to get it up in the air.If some one has a home video of the pz spitfire flying would you post it here. I like the parkzone plane. I have a pz spitfire and mustang, Hobbyzone Aerobird challenger ,Aerobird Xtreme.[>:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.