Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Ultrafly Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 04:17 PM
mbt1760

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultrafly Ultimate

Hi,

I have been flying a Hobbyzone Firebird Freedom for a while now. I can safely say that I can fly problem free time after time even in quite high winds, I have even recently fitted a 11.1V 1800 Mha Li-Po which has added some real power and speed to the freedom.

I now feel I am ready for a new challenge and quite like the look of the Ultrafly Ultimate or similar Bipe. Is this too much of a jump for me or will I be able to fly one of these lovely looking planes with the experience I have gained. Any advice would be appreciated.

I know I should get someone to teach me but if my brother can teach himself to fly an electric helicopter including loops etc. in 6 months I reckon I can have a go at planes!!
Old 11-13-2006, 03:00 PM
OldFart1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultrafly Ultimate

Ultimate wouldn't be my choice for a first aileron bird, ulless you have someone who can take it off and land it for you - allowing you to gain experience in the air.

My choice (if you want a biplane) would be a Tiger Moth 400. It will run on 3s lipo long enough to give you some experience, then can be switched out to brushless (mine runs a 2025-4200)
Old 11-13-2006, 06:44 PM
netdudeuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultrafly Ultimate

I agree with your comments with regards the TM 400. It flies slowly and is pretty stable but he could also consider the E-Starter. That would make a good aileron trainer for next to nothing. It builds quicker than the TM 400 and costs less. He could then shift just about everything but the motor into an Ultimate later on. If he uses the wonderful BP21 motor in the E-Starter he'll have a brushless ESC ready for his next plane, although the BP21 may well not be enough.