Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Electrafun XP Review/Thread!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:29 AM
jaav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electrafun XP Review/Thread!

Gave the bird to #1 son to show off for the newbys.....I swear by that sail repair cloth...He was going super high then edged on by the FI while doing full power spirals downwards to hold off before pulling out at about 8 meters .....That wing would have broken bynow....
We then removed the nose wieght for tail heavy flight and gave it to the FI. That bird was going through hell..We were out to destroy the wing....after 2 batteries we gave up..
I have some video of it,,,All you can hear is the screaming of the motor as she is coming down..
Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM
RowdyRod

6 minutes of ElectraFun XP.... I still have a lot of fun with this plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il5X9O2zK_M
Old 06-21-2011, 03:07 PM
jaav

I still take my girl out every time I go flying.. I dont konw if its flying I do with it or just total myhem..Hav'ent folded that wing...
Ran out of 2 cell batteries so I was using the 3 and 4 cell..Kept melting the props of the shaft....[>:]
Old 11-21-2011, 04:01 AM
jaav

Hey guys finaly killed the motor on the EF after a not so good ground loop.
OB cam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kL2ka9P02Y
Old 11-22-2011, 04:11 AM
jewfish

Made me dizzy watching that one Jaav. Nice to hear a screaming EF again - I'll have to dust off one of mine sometime.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:27 AM
jaav

We have a newby training on the new EF with a flash 2.4 radio ..Still has radio glitches and still brushed motors.. Still folds the wing.
I was a bit of a mongrel " here try this one, it a good trainer!" It hit the deck in about 2secs "Oh sorry thats still set up for thrashing".. He how has his own. And my old bird is used to chase him around.
A few of us get on the old girl and just go for it...The down ward spirals are a classic.... WOT. Playing chicken at who's going to pull out late...
She will be back with a new motor..
Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 AM
fchris2

hey any one still muckin round with efs pulled the bipe out the other day for first time for ages............sill love it lol
Old 04-19-2012, 03:28 PM
jaav

Yep still use the EF Thrasher for showing off. Had a major crash 3 weeks ago, on take off she was out of controll and spiraling before she had height. She smacked into a car. The lead weight in the nose punched through the nose and left a dent followed by the HD cam that was destoyed as well...The rudder tore off its Corro hinges.. Shell fly again this weekend.
Thas was the last vid of a hard thrashing...2 months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cje6yq6athM
Old 12-11-2014, 08:58 AM
UK Pete

Yo, I'm back. Not much seems to have been going on here for a couple of years.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:39 AM
jaav

I still have the old and new girls not flown them for 12 or more months.... I have the need for speed and ther EFs dont do it.....well without breaking up
Old 12-12-2014, 02:57 AM
UK Pete

Yo Jaav,

That’s good to know. We moved house a while back, and a couple of years ago I packed all my flying gear away into boxes in the loft of our house with a plan to build a proper garden workshop. I’ve now completed this and have ended up with over 30m2 of ‘mancave’ space for modelling and other stuff. When decanting everything into its new home, I came across the old Electrafun which I’d packed away into its original box, with another large box of spare (and mostly trashed) parts, and I thought ‘I must have a look on that thread to see if any of the guys are still thrashing those things’, and here we are.
Fortunately, where we live now, I can fly right out of the back garden into a 50 acre field, so I think I’m going to dust the old girl off and see if she still performs when the weather picks up. I've recently been flying a large scale ducted fan U2, and that's more like a noisy glider than anything.

Pete
Old 12-12-2014, 03:21 AM
jaav

Ive had to back off on flying, havent flown for 5 weeks now, Started my own repair shop and dont have time to scratch my ass.. I like the flying speed wings.. the get out the 2 meter thrashers and have fun..Im the only one in our group of 10 who uses IC engines...