Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 07:59 PM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...

Thread #4 is getting long in the tooth so we'll start another thread to help folks with their efforts in pushing their Strykers into the DARK SIDE... MUWAAHAHAHAHA! I'll continue to share my 2¢ when it's in my pocket.

Remember the following:

Safety first.
Measure three times - cut once.
The only stupid question is the one left unasked.
Don't forget to read that red lettered blurb above the posting box.
Have fun - be nice to each other.

Anyways - keep rollin...

Past Threads:
Part 1 - 9/12/2004 to 5/6/2005 - 2281 posts
Part 2 - 5/6/2005 to 7/22/2005 - 1860 posts
Part 3 - 7/23/2005 to 1/6/2006 - 2189 posts
Part 4 - 1/6/2006 to 11/22/2006 - 2597 posts

8927 posts to date on this bird... and goin strong.

somegeek
Old 11-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Gryphon

Default RE: F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...

somegeek,

Way to go, thanks for starting the new thread. I'm sure we will all benefit from this.

By the way, I can't wait to see your next Stryker creation some time in the future.

Have fun,
Gryphon
Old 11-21-2006, 08:27 PM
critterhunter

Default RE: F27 STRYKER - Way Past the Limits - Part 5 - Step in to the Dark Side...

Gryphon, your name was in the hat too. Some of the stuff you've done as been well past the limits. Somegeek's picture perfect motor re-winds and knowledge on that end earned him a spot. Several others who've been regulars for a long time also were in there, but the deciding factor on who went into the hat for a chance was how frequent they visit the thread. Some only pop in about once a month or so these days, and that's way too infrequent to keep the newbies in check.

Either way, for what it's worth congradulations Somegeek. Great opener, and great idea to post the thread links to the previous parts. I think part one wasn't named that, but rather "F27 Something Or Other"...

It's the thread that just won't die, and until somebody straps a anti-gravity unit on this plane there is much room for improvement. With the popularity of this plane I'm suprised nobody hasn't opened a chain of stores called "All Things Stryker" yet...
Old 11-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Gryphon

critterhunter,

If you recall a few pages back on part 4, I voted for somegeek.

He thinks outside the box and that is a winner in my book. He pays attention to detail and brave too, that re-wind job.....WOW.

So I have no doubt that everyone will be very happy with your choice.

Gryphon
Old 11-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

I recently jumped into the arena of the Stryker with the F-27C, and I can see why you guys have so much fun with this plane. What a great idea to restart the thread and hand it over to another "elder". Keep up the good work guys. I will be following with much interest. Congratulations somegeek!

Adam
Old 11-21-2006, 09:51 PM
XH2OMANN

Ahhh I see the dark side remains strong. Lord Geek, Congrats. I am sure this thread is in good hands. Lord Hunter Thank you for keeping things going for a hundred pages. I am always amazed at the great ideas and willingess to share on this thread.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:24 PM
somegeek

Thanks guys.

Think GlacierGirl gets the lord title - he started the first Way Past the Limits thread to take this to the dark side - AKA Part 2. [8D]

Linked the first four threads in my initial post. Hard to imagine this is reaching 9000 posts and folks are still talking about new ways to tweak this bird. Wonder if any Parkzone folks lurk on this board?

somegeek
Old 11-22-2006, 02:22 AM
DepronJet

Excellent work Chaps

my opinion is the Stryker is going to be around for many years,

even now its being cloned http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...d.asp?id=20577

even my attempt at a delta EDF is designed around the Stryker [8D]

i am sure that this thread will be as successful as all the others

just keep posting pics vids ideas and welcome newbies,

always keep safety a priority

Good luck chaps [8D]

Ray
Old 11-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Lord Hunter, passing on the reigns I see. Well It looks to be in good hands. Just make sure you stick around like the other ELDERS, and keep tabs on the new ones.
Somegeek, Gryphon, best of luck with the new and old troops.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Mach62

Do any of you guys have links to crazy fast 100 plus MPH Strykers?

I have only seen Buggygovroom's 120mph set up on youtube so far.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:04 AM
critterhunter

ORIGINAL: Glacier Girl

Lord Hunter, passing on the reigns I see. Well It looks to be in good hands. Just make sure you stick around like the other ELDERS, and keep tabs on the new ones.
Stick around? You make it sound like I have resigned my position and no longer have any powers. Heck no, as is the norm I get to pick on Somegeek now since he's below me. You know, things like picking up my dry cleaning, washing my truck, running up to the beverage store to buy me a twelve pack...

Seriously, I'll of course be keeping up with the thread and posting my overly long messages as I always do. Thanks to everybody for their support. Don't know how good of an Elder I was/am, but tried my best. I think my main contribution was the thread I created called "Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless or Stock)". It's a condensed thread on building a Stryker from start to finish using all the knowledge I've gained from The Dark Side.

Old 11-22-2006, 10:06 AM
critterhunter

ORIGINAL: Gryphon

critterhunter,

If you recall a few pages back on part 4, I voted for somegeek.

He thinks outside the box and that is a winner in my book. He pays attention to detail and brave too, that re-wind job.....WOW.

So I have no doubt that everyone will be very happy with your choice.

Gryphon
Somehow I missed that message. Glad others are happy with the choice...
Old 11-22-2006, 10:11 AM
critterhunter

ORIGINAL: DepronJet

Excellent work Chaps

my opinion is the Stryker is going to be around for many years,

even now its being cloned http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk...d.asp?id=20577

even my attempt at a delta EDF is designed around the Stryker [8D]

i am sure that this thread will be as successful as all the others

just keep posting pics vids ideas and welcome newbies,

always keep safety a priority

Good luck chaps [8D]

Ray
Ray, I was wondering when the first of the clones of this plane would appear. I can't see Parkzone ever discontinuing it as it has to be one of the most popular RC planes on the planet. Parts are cheap and easy to find on most store shelves. Building it is a snap, and the plane can take a lot of abuse. Not to mention it's excellent flying ability at both slow and very fast speeds. If they did ever for some reason stop making it I'm willing to be that there will be body knock offs made by other companies. Just tweaked enough to avoid being sued by Parkzone.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:01 PM
flyingace451

I guess this is my opportunity to join back up without having to read sooo many posts to catch up...again.

School's had me busy as ever, with finals only a couple of weeks away. Thankfully my priority levels are paying off, as my grades are very decent (not straight A's, but no below average stuff either). I'm still trying to fly, but I haven't flown in a while because I just haven't had the time. Hopefully summer time will allow me to be VERY active in flying, and it's good to see the Stryker still being better than ever.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:09 PM
DepronJet

ORIGINAL: Glacier Girl

we are watching and reading

sometime we post and other times we read and Learn Too [8D]

Critter me thinks parkzone will modify the stryker and do lots of upgrades that the Stryker dudes invented in the first place

Ray

Old 11-22-2006, 12:12 PM
maxamus

here is my

videos

http://media.putfile.com/MY-F27-STRYKER-MK2

http://media.putfile.com/F27-STRYKER...ARD-CAM--CRASH

ENJOY MAXAMUS...................
Old 11-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Buggygovroom

ORIGINAL: Mach62

One crazy fast vid coming right up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OKaRnhg3JkQ

Dinner is served.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Bender101

ORIGINAL: Buggygovroom

ORIGINAL: Mach62

One crazy fast vid coming right up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OKaRnhg3JkQ

Dinner is served.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:55 PM
321willy

What is the setup?? motor/esc/bat??

fast plane!!

I need to speed mine up..

Thanx
Old 11-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Mattrock1

Just wanted to post a few pics of a ducted fan I put on my Stryker F-27C. I picked up quite a bit of speed with this 20oz fan that runs on the stock ESC and battery. Great sound too! The fan unit is the "XF-Fan" from Hobby-Lobby.com

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81228.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	565165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99584.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	565166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30788.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	565167  
Old 11-23-2006, 12:08 AM
somegeek

That looks pretty slick Mattrock1. How much thrust is it producing?
Old 11-23-2006, 07:34 AM
bleary

Go Somegeek,and thanks Gryphon for your kudos.I can see that the disease of Stryker mods is still going.I will drop in every now and then,got a new job,so maybe a bit quiet...
I am still flying the 500 watt 4S when I can,not quite as cool as some of the birds here,but quick enough for me.
I have been using and abusing my new Funjet as well on a similar setup.Some of you guys maybe should have a look....
Go the Geek,Gryphon you are an elder as well in my books.
Cheers,
Bleary.

Edit that I think it may be only 420 or so,but plenty fasty for Bleary.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Maine_Flyer

question for Ray(or anyone that can answer), I have the ducted fan unit you mentioned in the last thread, have it mounted and running on a stryker fuse.. it's pulling 33 amps on 3s and I want to knock it down some.. are you running 3 of the 6 blades on yours? how do you remove the rotor to cut off the blades if I choose to? .. nice little unit.. I mounted it into a A-10 nacelle for a 55mm fan and strapped 'er on to a stock beefed up motor mount. it goes nice and smooth aprox. 50-60 MPH on 3s didn't dare try 4s with the amp draw I was getting on 3s. thanks for any help you can provide.

http://www.himodel.com/plane/Φ55×H...r_2409H-7T.php

Old 11-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Mattrock1,

I am very interested in your set up as well. What kind of amps are you drawing? How much speed did you gain over the stock set up?

Thanks,

Adam
Old 11-23-2006, 09:55 AM
Mach62

While I am waiting for my Crazy Mega 16/25/3, 70amp, 6S setup to arrive, I wondered how high I could take the Stryker. I flew it out of sight for a second or two and think I may have hit 1000ft altitude. With Binoculars I plan to take it 3000 ft in my next video. Here is the first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5PcRrZ9bM8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.