Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Ultrafly pc9 ok as 2nd plane?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:30 AM
ozrcboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultrafly pc9 ok as 2nd plane?

I've heard reasonable things about the Ego but haven't actually seen one fly myself. My LHS stocks em and thinks they are okay. I guess you know you need to buy a new wing for a few extra bucks to get four channel.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Nick91

Yeh, i've heard rather mixed reports about their planes, they are rebadged art tech planes. I'm also looking at the ultrafly cessna 182, if i got that, it'd mean i'd have to get some decent radio gear which like some one else said could end up being cheaper in the long run. The JR MAX66 or the quattro would be good. I'm currently researching the ultrafly cessna, so far haven't found one bad report.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:52 AM
gt5500

ORIGINAL: Nick91

I have heard many differing reviews on the plane but it's the e-go cessna 182 ( rebadged Art-Tech 182)

I'm still unsure, it's not like i'm about to go out and buy anything straight away, i want something that will last for a while though, not get it and master it after a few flights.

Still waiting on the opportunity to take my rud/elev and throttle stang out for a fly, getting to the parks my main problem. I'm also building a 3 channel Hi-Boy Trainer. It has a radio and everything but it's all 15+ years old. I'm about to cover the wings with the heatshrink film, do you know if anything should be done to the wing prior apart from sanding and cleaning it up?

Back to the PC-9, i'd really like to have one at some point, it's a very nice looking plane.

cheers
Do you mean stang as in Mustang?? whatever you do do not try to fly a warbird until you are very, very experienced they are very hard things to fly. As for the cessna from what I have heard the fusealge can snap at the tail quite easily and most of the Cessna models lack in wing area so have a higher wing loading, if you are set on RTF consider the stryker it seems a popular choice and becuase it flies on elevon it flies just like an aileron plane, the only thing it won't teach you is rudder control but most learners don't use that in the air anyway, if you want to get a kit the cheapest one (and one of the best) is the e-starter with the Mini mag just behind, the mini mag is much stronger and flies similar but is more expensive.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Nick91

kk thanks, My current plane is a mustang, only got rudder control though, i haven't found it terribly difficult, then again it's got vast amouts of dihedral lol!

I'll look into them, thanks

Cya
Old 03-21-2007, 03:10 PM
zr861

Wow, I wish I would have gotten some pics of my PC9, Oh wait, I still can. Give me a day, I still have a couple chunks of the empanage and I think the fiberglass wing support made it. Ya get the picture? I agree with everyone on here. I would recommend that before trying a PC9 get aquainted with low wing, 4CH WITH DIHEDRAL!!! I tried the PC9 as my fourth plane (not including casualties, like Park Zone p-51 that went out of range.) and it's just to small and quick for the eye to track and have time to react. I am bent on trying another PC9. It should be here by Friday, this time I am going to be extremely methodical about the building and bump it up to LI-PO to ditch some weight. I very fond of the Mini Funtana.