Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Mounting brushless outrunner on GWS Warbird

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Mounting brushless outrunner on GWS Warbird

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:32 PM
ozrcboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting brushless outrunner on GWS Warbird

Hi All,

What is the suggested approach for getting the thrust line right when mounting a little brushless outrunner on a GWS Warbird. I have one of the GWS Brushless mounts, but putting that straight on the engine stick will move the thrust line down. A quick look by eye seems to suggest that putting another balsa stick on top of the current stick mount (after cutting it back a bit) would go very close (possibly perfect) to putting the prop shaft in the same place as when she ran a geared brushed setup.

Thoughts?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:00 AM
RickAvery

Default RE: Mounting brushless outrunner on GWS Warbird

Oz,
It's been awhile since I've put a GWS warbird together, But if I remember correctly, the Mustang & Corsair have two slots to attach the mounting stick. And, putting HIMaxx 2816-1220 outrunners in them was a match for one of the slots. (don't remember which but obvious when you try it out). My Mustang came out perfect as did my Bro-in-laws Corsair. My BRo-in-law just reciently put together a Zero, which he had to fabricate a plywood firewall in which to attach a 2812-1080 HiMaxxmotor to. It wasn't exactly the same as the gearbox position but very close. The Zero flies excellent leading me to belive ifyou get reasonably close, she'll fly fine. Good luck.
Rick
Old 01-28-2007, 02:51 AM
ozrcboy

Heh Rick - thanks for your comments - they inspired me to JFDI. Here's how I did it:
http://www.oz********.com/2007/01/br...runner-on.html
Old 01-28-2007, 03:12 PM
netdudeuk

Something like this ?

[link]http://www.b*********.co.uk/?page=shop&action=additem&item=58[/link]

I used one in an E-Starter with a BP-21 which is the motor of choice for GWS warbirds
Old 01-29-2007, 07:01 AM
ozrcboy

From looking at it I would have thought it would lower the thrustline? Can you post a picture of how you have it mounted please?