Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

f27c setup

Old 01-20-2007, 02:21 PM
118dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f27c setup

I just got a stryker f27c for Christmas and haven't gotten into it yet because of other things I got. So I was reading the instructions about the esc setup and I really didn't get what questions 1,2 and 4 meant. For the brake option, if you chose brake inactive, would you still beable to shut the motor off in mid flight and glide? For question 1, what is the difference in performance between the two options. And for question 4 which should I choose if I am just running the plane completely stock? Sorry if these are stupid questions.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:20 PM
scoooper

Default RE: f27c setup

118dude: the prop brake stops the prop right away the brake off just let's her spin down on her own, the brake opion will slow the plane down faster than hav'in it off too!!, your bub,scoooper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85885.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	602780  
Old 01-21-2007, 12:08 AM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: f27c setup

The brake option will not slow the plane faster with the prop being stationary vs free spinning. There was a discussion on another thread regarding this by a real pilot. Kinda threw me off as well... but figure since the person was a real life pilot they know what they're talking about.

With the stryker, when using longer props, the brake helps you get the prop to stay put for landings. If I glide past and see the prop is hanging down, I'll blip the throttle to try to get it horizontal before touch down. I drug a prop once on frozen grass... ended up transferring the stress to my motor mount and cracked it. Those APC-E props are rigid.