Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Park Zone & Hobby Zone

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:31 PM
mrlikescheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Park Zone & Hobby Zone

I have some questions about Park Zone and Hobby Zone planes.

First off, what comes with PNP planes from Park Zone? How good do the Typhoons fly? What 3D manuevers can they do?

Do the X-Port things work good? Where can I get reveiws on some of their planes?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:47 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Park Zone & Hobby Zone

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...rchresults.cfm
http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...rchresults.cfm

Here are user reviews of both Parkzone and Hobbyzone products...I hope this helps
Old 04-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Leo L

A PNP plane is basically an RTF plane without the transmitter and receiver. It has all of the other components, including motor, speed controller, servos, etc. The only differences among PNP that I've seen is that some come with the battery and some don't.

Think of the Typhoon as an introduction or transition to 3-D flying. Its a very nice flying plane that is capable of many 3-D maneuvers, but it doesn't do them nearly as well as the specialized planes do. However, the specialized planes are much harder to fly; while the Typhoon is relatively easy.

Most flyers that have the x-port love it.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Ram008

The ParkZone and E-flite PNP models are complete aircraft minus transmitter, receiver, battery and charger. Hangar 9 nitro PNP models include the receiver pack.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:00 PM
dribbe

PNP planes in PKZ and EFL generally are RTF's minus:
-Transmitter
-Reciever
-Battery Pack
-Charger

a few examples:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Stores/P...d=PKZ&CatId=AB
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Stores/P...d=EFL&CatId=AB

Have Fun,
David
Old 04-06-2007, 03:37 PM
packyj

I have a firebird freedom for the sole purpose of dropping bombs with the xport for my nephews to chase after... it's a bit of a gimmick as any model with a spare servo can do that but it's still fun to play around with... never got into the combat module as the warbirds took some working around to get them to work... which is the exact opposite idea of a rtf airplane imho
Old 04-07-2007, 09:47 AM
flyingace451

The Typhoon can do anything you can...it just doesn't do things as precise or "pretty" as other top notch 3D planes. You can at least tell what maneuver it's doing...but you sure won't win an IMAC with it.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:18 PM
I.C.O.N.
My Feedback: (1)

I agree with the Intro to 3D on the Typhoon. I am just getting into 3D... Just barely.

I am having a blast with the Typhoon. I have upgraded the servos and ESC already. The stock ones are pretty weak. The Typhoon2 looks to be stronger in those areas... how much is yet to be seen.

[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648308]Heres a video I took in Feb on all stock servos.[/link]

I am still flying the Phoon and having a blast but will probably move on pretty soon. I also have a StrykerC from PKZ. It is an anyday, anywhere flyer. takes 20+ MPH winds just fine and you need next to nothing to land on. Also goes a good 70MPH stock. The servos in the Stryker are more protected and I have only stripped two gears durring a LOT of abuse. I plan on getting another StyrkerC. I just love it!!

Have Fun!
Andy