Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Anyone built or flown the Amptique? >

Anyone built or flown the Amptique?

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Anyone built or flown the Amptique?

Old 02-26-2003, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone built or flown the Amptique?

Been recommended to me that I begin with an Amptique. Any one built / flown one of these and can tell me what they thought?
Old 02-26-2003, 04:44 PM

Default Amptique

It is not a bad plane to begin with. I guess it all depends on what you want to ultimatly do.
It is more of a powered glider than anything else.
If you want to just put around in a local school yard then it is a prety good starter.
If you want to learn to fly a full house (4 chan.) airplane, then start with something a bit more "non glider like"

It will not handle a lot of gusty wind, so if you are in a breezy area, you may want to look at something that has a bit less wing on it.

Prety good kit for the money.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:58 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default Anyone built or flown the Amptique?

CLIMATE has a good take on the Amptique. I never built one, but I flew one when instructing a flyer in our club who was new to electrics. His had a geared Leisure motor (05 Size I think) & 6 cells. Time was low, but it flew reasonably well. I learned to fly RC with a 2-channel glider, so I think thats the way to go!! The kit was ecellent quality. Give it a go....but think ahead to something more spirited for future fun.
Dr. Gravity.
Old 05-28-2024, 08:52 AM
My Feedback: (111)

OK, a long shot, but does anyone have plans for this plane they would be willing to part with? I need to rebuild the wing on mine after a "mid-air" at NEAT last Fall. Any format, including electronic would be find. I still have enough of the wing left to "match" plans to !

TIA

-StuK

Last edited by stuk_at_work; 05-28-2024 at 08:53 AM. Reason: More detail added.