Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:18 AM
iamman711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

thanks Stryker_Viking for the visual aid. appreciate it as usual.

thanks Gryphon for part 6. i saw pictures of reaperofsoulz's motor mount up close at this [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4790624/anchors_7461099/mpage_16/key_/anchor/tm.htm#7461099]thread[/link] by the way.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Gryphon

Default RE: F27 STRYKER -Way Past the Limits Part 6 -Go deeper in to the Dark Side...

Sirpa,

I hope you solved your problem,

Read post #2545 on page 102.

In general it is recommended to have 2 identical servos.

In that post, read #2 and that might help you.

Edit: in your case, you may need the travel adjusts to be different, at least 2 of 4 numbers????? Play around with it, and check the basics.

Good luck,

Gryphon
Old 05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Gryphon

Guys part 7 has been started:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_74...tm.htm#7464083

Gryphon
Old 05-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Gryphon

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone.

Special thanks to the thread starters of part 1-5: lotrusty, Glacier Girl, gogofast, critterhunter, somegeek.

Thanks to your hard word and contributions the F-27 has been transformed into many shapes and with various performance levels for various applications. Countless people have been helped by you.

I have to give thanks to DepronJet (AKA cadetman) for his contributions.

***** I want to thank all the people who posted on part 1 through part 6.

With mutual co-operation we all learned from each other.

I truly enjoyed starting part 6 and working with many of you though the various threads.

On a final note: Buggygovroom, your 120 MPH Stryker video is my favorite high speed Stryker video of all time, but I have a feeling Part 7 will produce some videos to seriously rival it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKaRn...eature=related

************* Hint: Last comment was a challenge to everyone. [)]

Let’s keep it all going in part 7 with help from chippedprop:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_74...tm.htm#7464083

Thanks again everyone,

Gryphon
Old 05-06-2008, 06:41 PM
JDXX
My Feedback: (3)

Been a while since I have checked in here, a lot of pages have gone by. I will eventually read them and see what has been up in the Stryker world. I just want to thank Gryphon for this thread. Gryph You have been very helpfull to many here, you are a Stryker God now.
I have flown mine a few times lately and will tell my stories soon.

Thanks again Gryph your help and through info brought me into this and I am not nearly finished.

JDXX

StryXXr...........................Coming soon

Three cheers for Grypon..........HIP HIP HORRAY HIP HIP HORRAY HIP HIP HORRAY
Old 05-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Stryker_Viking

~~~~ A BIG THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP HERE GRYPHON ~~~~

Stryker_Viking
Old 05-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Gryphon

Thanks for the kind word guys,

I need to do something as far as making a partial Index of some sort.

I hope to lock this thread down by tomorrow, 100+ pages to go through...WOW

See you in part 7.

Gryphon
Old 05-06-2008, 10:27 PM
sirpa

ORIGINAL: Gryphon

Sirpa,

I hope you solved your problem,

Read post #2545 on page 102.

In general it is recommended to have 2 identical servos.

In that post, read #2 and that might help you.

Edit: in your case, you may need the travel adjusts to be different, at least 2 of 4 numbers????? Play around with it, and check the basics.

Good luck,

Gryphon
I found finally a solution to that problem . I had used too much right trim on the transmitter and the control horn on the right servo was moving less up that down .Actually , I don't understand why it was moving all the way up while pulling the stick but not when turning right ? Anyway, it's working fine now , thanks , and I am waiting to give it a try . I just happened to loose the usual place where I was flying because of some new houses starting to be build right there . I now have to drive 45 km to find a correct place to fly that bird. That will limit a lot my flytime !! too bad.
fortunately , I have also a superfly that can be flown in my backyard . It just isn't that fast but is more fun anyway .

Old 05-14-2008, 07:54 AM
R-22

ORIGINAL: little dirty

Nice Viking!

I have already built one also but have not been able to find the bungie. I now found one on the internet for like 50 bucks( its 40 ft long ).

What do you think i should use? How much does the surgial tubing cost ? and is it as stretchy as bungie cord?
Hi dirty

I bought two 10' lengths of latex surgical tubing at home depot in the plumbing section. Kind of expensive at 18 dollars per length. Only 2 required for a stryker. Just tie them together with just a square knot. It won't come loose. I use a corkscrew dog tie down at one end, no worries about that coming out.
My launcher is just made of wood, not too long, fits in the trunk of a Camry easlily.
I just tried it yesterday, I very new at this and still nervous, but this launcher has made it easy. Launched 10 times, perfect every time.
It's actually fun just launching. Hit the pedal and 1/2 second later your stryker is 100' away floating about 10' high waiting for you to hit the throttle.
You don't even need much tension and you can launch with a breeze behind you no problem. I believe the surgical tubing is far better, stretches farther so less strain on everything. However it might rot over time. I'm also wondering if it is better to undo the knots for storage. I've heard store in a dark place(certainly not in the sun!) in a container with talcum powder.

R-22
Old 05-14-2008, 09:16 PM
dunk
My Feedback: (153)

Here are some newbe questions....

With the factory motor ans esc and the factory lipo, is there anything to get more speed ...I though a larger lipo like 2200 20c.
Also I have a align 23amp esc and an align 430L 3550kv motor that is not being used. I was wondering if any combo of these two esc's and motors would get a little more speed.

I have a 3s1p 2200 mah 20 c pack and a 3s1p 3300mah 20 c pack and a 2200 4s1p 20c that I have not tried at all. I am ordering a watt meter to help me not burn something up. Also what prop size would work..

Forgot that I also have a suppo outrunner 2814-06 and 40amp esc with a 2200 lipo that makes a mini ultra stick hum...

Any info would be greatly appreaciated....the stryker is yearning for more speed!

Dunk
Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Gryphon

Hi all,

We are finished with this thread and I'm slowly working on some sort of index. That is why it has not been locked down yet.

Don’t worry Part 7 has been started.

PLEASE PLACE YOUR FUTURE POSTS ON THE PART 7 THREAD.

For your convenience I am including a link to the F-27 Part 7 thread below.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7464076/tm.htm

Thank you.

Gryphon
Old 07-09-2008, 05:45 PM
fossoman

Ive got the F27C Stryker anyone know of a faster motor without changing out the stock ESC? A motor that will mount up the same with the right shaft diameter. Love my stryker but the motor is a little beat from a few crashes and I thought why buy a stock brushless if I can find something better.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Gryphon

fossoman,

Read the post above yours.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:46 PM
flyingplumber68
My Feedback: (1)

need to know if an e flite 40 amp v2 esc and an e flite 2700 kv six series brushless motor with an apc 7x6 sport prop would help push my stryker a little faster , getting bored with the speed it has now. I need more speed , man! any insight into the matter would be most appreciated .
Old 08-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Mr. Mugen

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_74...page_46/tm.htm

Ask here.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:05 AM
RadioCoyote

Help! I recently tried to upgrade my Stryker C. I put on a 40AMP ESC (SuperSimple) and the motor is a Turnigy Inrunner with the following specs:

Speed: 3900kv
ESC Required: 40A
Voltage Range: 6~12v
No Load Curr: 2.0A
Max Load: 40A

I am using a 2200 mah lipo 3 cell and standard Stryker C prop. My motor got sooo hot it cooked the plastic mount (standard Stryker C Mount) that tyhe screws were attached to. I then exchanged for the basic Stryker Motor, 1880 kv, and the same thing happened...

Any ideas? I am looking to burn the sky with this thing!! Ha HA!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Gryphon

RadioCoyote,

Please copy and paste your post onto the part 7 thread. This thread is closed and there will be no replies here.

Here is the link for your convenience:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7464076/tm.htm

Thank you,

Gryphon
Old 12-20-2008, 03:14 AM
cloudkid
My Feedback: (6)

How do you set up a F27 with a AR6100e Spektrum receiver and a Dx7 radio? Any help would be greatly , greatly appreciated. I have it all put together (It was a PNP, so not much except adding the receiver), just new at programming the Dx7!
Okay, What are the two aileron plugs that come out from each side actually go?> One just randomly in the elevator and the other in the aileron? (do you combine these two wires from each part of the 2 servos, utilizing both with a Y adapter, and then plug into just one part of the receiver? Lost as you see , etc.. ) - the PNP included jumpers, but are they even used? Well as you see I'm a little lost and in need of a can of "woop ".. just not sure what goes where! and Secondly, How do you program the Dx7?> I know how to add expo, etc.. just not sure if there is a particular mode to program it to or what! I already have binded the radio/receiver. Well, I really hope someone could help me. Thank you very much. I'm new here and have heard great things about everyone in these forums... Regards, Reed