Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone BL J-3 Cub

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Fisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone BL J-3 Cub

Parkzone just came out with a BL / Lipo version of the J-3 Cub. Looks like a good option for better performance.

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ4500
Old 08-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Leo L

Default RE: Parkzone BL J-3 Cub

Obviously ParkZone responds to comments from their customers. The big disapointment is that they failed to add a steerable tail wheel and to increase the size of the wheels. The better powerplant will only produce greater ground circles!

I wonder if they will be following this up with a brushless SuperDecathlon? While the original J3Cub was somewhat underpowered, it was still a decent flyer. The original SD is grossly underpowered and desperately needs the BL upgrade.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:30 AM
maiden-crash

If they changed the mustang to brushless...
Old 08-12-2007, 10:37 AM
calvino

they should have a BL slo-v, talk about acrobatics... I have to say from what people say, BL makes anything better [8D]
Old 08-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Fisher

For the most part you should be able to swap the electronics from any Parkzone Plane into any other plane and get it to work with the jumper pins in the correct place. I used my Slo-V electronics in a Stryker a couple of year ago and still fly both planes with one TX. The nice thing about doing that is that everyting is pretty well matched up. Problem is that you do not save much if any on the cost over purchasing real radio gear and going brushless and Lipo on your own. With United Hobbies you can get all the electronics and motor and battery to go Brushless in just about any plane for under a hundred dollars. I think you could make any of the war birds BL using the Typhoon gear. I am sure Parkzone will go this way soon since many BL motors are selling at or near the same price as a brushed motor.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:39 PM
manspray

hey guys I just got my parkzone j3 BL...it's awesome, my favorite plane yet. It has plenty of power and enough maneuverability to do stunts. I have done 7 loops all in a row,on my FIRST FLIGHT! I have done about 5 or 6 flights now. I also mounted a set of dubro skis on it, they work pretty nice, but you do have to put some sort os spacers inside the plastic on the ski to give it support so it doesn't just crush in all the stress. let me know if you have any questions.

max
Old 12-20-2007, 11:37 AM
LICobra

I actually posted this in the PZ J3 Cub thread, but since the fuselage is the same I'll ask here also since it is the BL version....the tail skid is wareing down after several take off's and landings from a parking lot !!! what if anything are the owners of these planes doing to reduce this problem.....can a tail wheel possibly be affixed to this fuselage ???
Old 01-01-2008, 11:25 PM
sedne

ORIGINAL: LICobra

I actually posted this in the PZ J3 Cub thread, but since the fuselage is the same I'll ask here also since it is the BL version....the tail skid is wareing down after several take off's and landings from a parking lot !!! what if anything are the owners of these planes doing to reduce this problem.....can a tail wheel possibly be affixed to this fuselage ???
I 1st epoxied a small wire loop on my PK J3 but I really wanted it steerable. I then put a tail wheel from a Hobbyzone Supercub on it, that worked great! If you like up grades and hop-ups I also put a HZ/SC motor on my J3, here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98298.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	840005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69939.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	840006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14506.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	840007  
Old 01-02-2008, 07:54 AM
LICobra

sedne

Thanks for the pics...I recently installed a DuBro tail wheel...pics in the J3 Cub Brushless thread....
Old 01-08-2008, 03:30 PM
shawnkilpatrick

I have the new BL version of the J3 Cub and I am looking to put a steerable tail wheel on her. Sedne have you had and problem with the tail wheel damaging the plane from hard landings or anything?? It just looks so breakable?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:24 PM
merlin-51

ORIGINAL: shawnkilpatrick

I have the new BL version of the J3 Cub and I am looking to put a steerable tail wheel on her. Sedne have you had and problem with the tail wheel damaging the plane from hard landings or anything?? It just looks so breakable?
You are right it does look flimsy, but I have never had any problems with it.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:51 AM
sedne

Thats weird, the post I just made went in under someone else's user name.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:32 AM
shawnkilpatrick

Alrighty, I will go with a rudder mount and see how it works out!
Wow thats weird! Merlin....???
Old 01-09-2008, 07:03 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: merlin-51

ORIGINAL: shawnkilpatrick

You are right it does look flimsy, but I have never had any problems with it.
What I did was cut the small tab and mount the wheel on the fuselage, then attach the wire to the rudder.
That way, if the small wheel got tangled up in the grass it would not tear my rudder off.
No problem if you land on hard surface with this set up.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:55 AM
shawnkilpatrick

Have you got any pictures jmir?