Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

I Love My Wingo

Old 02-26-2002, 04:02 AM
TedV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Love My Wingo

I purchased a Hobby Lobby Wingo park flyer kit a few months ago. I got it home, put it together over a few days and took it for its maiden flight last week. The plane took off from pavement in about 15 feet or less. It has good power and is aerobatic to an extent. It cannot handle anything more than a light breeze. I had a ball with it and got about a 10+ minute flight out of it at half to 3/4 throttle most of the time. It landed without fuss. I think the only part I need to address is to check the balance and make sure it is a little more nose heavy. Also, I have to do something better with the cockpit as far as protection and coverage.

I would highly suggest the Wingo for an ARF kit to anyone looking to learn how to fly with an electric OR to those that are experienced and just looking for a fun, all around park flyer with good performance and flying traits.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-27-2002, 02:25 AM
FREEBIRD

Default Wingo On Floats

Try it on floats with a 2.33 gearbox and 8X6 prop, excellent floatplane as well.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:46 AM
TedV

Default Gearbox question?

Where did you get your gearbox, prop adapter and prop from? I was considering purchasing the graupner setup they sell from Hobby Lobby for it. Basically to get more lift out of it.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:41 AM
FREEBIRD

Default GB and Prop

I got my GB, adapter, and Graupner 8X6 slim prop from HL as well, the Wingo floats were at a local shop I picked up, but I think HL also has them.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:08 PM
TedV

Default Hotter motor?

If a gearbox would give more lift power, I have been thinking about a faster motor for more speed. Have you looked into better 400 motors than the one that comes on our Wingos? I have looked at the Graupners but not sure how much more RPM they would add.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:45 PM
FREEBIRD

Default Wingo Motors

The Wingo will never be a speed demon, the Graupner 6 volt or 7.2 that come attached to their GB's are good quality, better than the "rocket" motore that came with mine 2 yrs. ago. The 6V gives it quite a bit better rate of climb, I think you'll be surprised. If you want a quicker stock speed 400 foamie, try a Pico Jet or Twinjet.