Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 10:34 AM
CaptainRandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

Mac,

You're right, I have lived there about 20 years and have never seen 100 degrees. The humidity is more like 80% most of the Summer, so even at lower temps, you sweat like a bull. 110 and low humidity is like having your head in an oven, like Vegas.[X(]

Now you know why I live in the Mountains during the Summer............Cause I can
Old 08-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

EASIEST WAY FOR ME TO KEEP TRACK OF WHO WANTS A RACK(S) IS TO PM ME LIKE PHIL DID!!!!!

I'll hold off ordering till Monday, so everyone has a chance to decide.

Dad, 40 no problem, I'd even say 60 and 120 no problem.
The X's can slide back and forth on the center tube so it's adjustable for length.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 PM
Loubud

Sheesh. I go to Polks and see 1 in the warehouse and ordered 2 anyway. Shipping SUX at $20 but did it anyway. After placing the order, I closed the site and then went back and see 1 still in the warehouse. Must not be linked to sales.

Anyway, these things are great. The one I gave to Brad after the Fly In was the one in the 1st Aide tent. It was in constant use as it adjusts to fit about everything. I used it at home for just about all my planes when putting in the tronics. Even the Stryker like T-Bird. I can't say enough about this plane stand.

Elaine and I are going to view all the vids posted on the Badius site along with the still pics this weekend. Should be a blast.

I'm still in withdrawals from the Fly In. Who'd a thunk it?

Mac,
Nice pic of your field. Just as I remembered it. Outside of water, we could rent a nifty trailer, get a couple of gen sets like Kate has and then just figure out the water supply. Stuff GG in the trailer at night and it's Home Sweet Home.
OK, just a thought.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:38 PM
gunfighterII

In my sickly state I had to get out of the house, so I went and mowed the field.

Owner has been mowing hay, first time I've seen that, but as much rain as we had this year I'm sure it's pretty good hay. I hope he is'nt mowing this to prep for the plow, he drove right by me and waved, I think that's a good sign.

Here's the latest picture, I added the last one dreaming about winter.

Phil,
This field is around 450' X 80' we shortened it from 500.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35651.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	1012059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72977.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	1012060   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc80293.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	1012061  
Old 08-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Loubud

Mac
Outside of the snowbound pic it's still the best field I've seen yet.

Sheesh. Just checked Mapquest and Mac's field is 22 hours away. Dag Nabbit. 1500+ miles.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:49 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Should be fun, making the turn at the end on take off.

Maybe it's for cross wind take offs?
Old 08-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Loubud

GG,
Just do the standard Military takeoff. A few feet off the ground and a hard banking turn. No problemo.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
patnchris

550 MILES to Lincoln, is probably doable for me. IF I can get the time off and the cashola to find my way...
Old 08-15-2008, 03:12 PM
gunfighterII

Lou,
Here's the google map to the outlaw field, to the left from the corner. If you scroll out you can see the direct shot to LNK's largest runway 11,000'

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...16029&t=h&z=16
Old 08-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Loubud

Thanks Mac.
I saved it but I'm going directly to your house. I heard there are kitties for Doggy and a bedroom for him too.

What gets my goat is that Foreigners can get to our Fly In quicker than I can. Canadia BamBam has a shorter drive than me. Sheesh.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:29 PM
gunfighterII

Lou,
That really SUX! It's getting farther away for you. You should think about flying.

It's only 100 extra miles to Phil's from Brad's 1180 instead of 1080.

That would'nt work, you would have to buy 2 seats for doggy.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:54 PM
patnchris

The weather forcast for Sunday (my normal day at the club field) looks sucky. 10 to 15 mph wind......Tomorrow looks like 5-10 mph......hmmmmm.....Need to ask SHE THAT IS TO BE OBEYED if I can swap days....
Old 08-15-2008, 04:03 PM
gunfighterII

Here's a link to the club FYI,

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...08014&t=k&z=17
Old 08-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

off to hokkaido for our 2 night summer holiday in 1 1/4 hours. getting excited. there's a lot of rain in Tokyo or something and we were gonna catch the 6.15am train, but it got cancelled and now we're not going till 9am, so arriving at 2pm, a bit late.

i see russia is now threatening Poland. Putin and his cronies really get my goat. good job Poland is a member of NATO, but that's were ww2 started. don't want to see ww3. Russia is also targeting it's nuclear missiles at Ukraine.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:03 PM
calvino

ugh, doesnt look like the nasty will be ready in time for the indoor fliers meet, seems like ill be headed to the BBQ instead []
http://www.h*bbycity.com/h*bbycity/s...idProduct=4708 motor (puts out TONS of power on 2s)
http://www.h*bbycity.com/h*bbycity/s...idProduct=6426 lipo (use it in my mini, this thing SCREAMS)
Old 08-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Dad_Roman

I know what ya mean calvino.

I fly the 2410-12t on a 42" plane with a little 900mah 2S. Get about twenty minutes out of it and will almost pull vertical.

Name:	Xv65097.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1012175  
Old 08-15-2008, 06:50 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: Dad_Roman

I know what ya mean calvino.

I fly the 2410-12t on a 42" plane with a little 900mah 2S. Get about twenty minutes out of it and will almost pull vertical.
dang, ya, i was using it on a 2s, MAN this thing screams, its nuts, ya, ok, ill bet its more than enough
Old 08-15-2008, 07:00 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Hey guys, a flight report from yesterday. I took the bug and the suspect battery out and got a decent flight. I was coming in to land nice and even and the gear collapsed. No damage, other than the bit of rubber that broke. I'm going to try something a litttle different this time.

Next came the swift. This plane needs to be tossed both up and out, a level toss doesn't work well. Second throw get's the plane in the air and it is a little twitchier, I'll have to add some expo back in, anyway I'm cruising around. Next thing I know the plane seems to have a bit of a mind of it's own. So, being supermaster pilot guy, I went to trim it out some. There was a problem with my procedure[], I went the wrong way and didn't count the beeps. That is how I learned that wings have very little patience for mismatched elevons[:-]. This started over the cemetary and I was franticall trimming the other way and trying to get more altitude and trying not to dive into a neighbors yard[X(].

I got back to parallel with myself and was slowly reeling in the plane when I thought I was safe. Alas, I was 20' from safe[]. I let my speed come down a little too soon and the swift did not glide[X(], it did a power dive............................ into a tree[>:]. Now this is where I usually go and survey the situation, come back to the house and get whatever I think will be necessary to rescue the plane. But this time I got there and took a look, and then a listen as I could see nothing. I have a t-bird esc in it so I got the plaintive beep of a stranded plane. Then I looked at the tree. I can climb that tree, I don't need any stinkin' tools. I then steeped up on the little fence and stepped into the tree. After about 8' I got to a tough spot and stopped to orient myself. There is the plane! About 7' higher and to my right. I tried shaking the tree, the only thing that moved was the small limb that I was using as a handle. And it broke off[X(]. So I climbed up until I was at about eye level with the plane. And discovered that shaking would not help. And that getting closer to the plane would be iffy.

Now I wished that I had gotten my tree pole. But I was in the tree and I was going to get the plane. Hmm, what to do? Trust the relavely skinny limb? Wait, I do have a tool! A tool so basic to mankind that to this day small boys honor their instincts and covet them, a tool so basic, yet important that we ingrained our canine companions to get them for us! I had a stick. Yes the branch that I broke attempting to shake the tree, a stick. At first I attempted to rake the plane down with the leafy end, but the plane was recalcitrant, it now seemed to be telling me to leave it alone, that it liked it's sunny perch. At this point my buddies father-in-law arrived and asked if I needed any help. Of course now that I had a stick everything was fine. The wispy end didn't work so I turned the stick around. I worked at the plane with that until it was free of the arboreal rebar that had it trapped. A minute later it was on the ground.

So you woukd think the episode is done do you? Nothing is that easy. As I was lowering myself from the tree I have a running dialogue about my climbing the tree, then about damage to the plane, then how this is a neat controller, then I hear the motor run up and hear about how impressive it is that the $6 motor has so much thrust and questioning my choice of props(factory chosen prop). All of this as I lowering myself from the tree. The motor run up came as I was passing the little transition the gave me trouble on the way up. I was successful in that and it was easy the rest of the way down. I retrieved the plane that I had just risked life and limb for and before I got back to the truck had the trim sorted out.

I then decided to practice with the heli. In the yard, just control movement, on the ground, with training gear. I need to add some hinge tape to the swift and all is good.

Tim

Name:	Om33072.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	1012232  
Old 08-15-2008, 07:06 PM
export!

Well I hacked this together in 45 min.

Really makes me want to revisit the BAE Hawk. I'm going to have to look at that airfoil and elevator setup AJ.

Name:	Tr51777.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1012235  
Old 08-15-2008, 08:03 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

The tree is what I landed in. And after thinking about it, I was low enough, and over a severe enough slope to get some eddies. I think that was the control issue. Then I had a control issue. But I had a stick

Tim
Old 08-15-2008, 08:07 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

The tree is what I landed in. And after thinking about it, I was low enough, and over a severe enough slope to get some eddies. I think that was the control issue. Then I had a control issue. But I had a stick

Tim
sounds like me and my mini XPV, i was flying it, it was about 90 degrees out, blowing 4MPH winds, and i fly over this little shed, with a black asphalt single roof, it catches a thermal, and lands on a shed in a neighbors yard, well, ez enough fix (minus the 150+ degree roof.....) man, trees are evil[:'(]
Old 08-15-2008, 08:10 PM
ktaylor

deleted, I've had enough of RCU
Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Loubud

Fern,
Good story. I could almost feel myself falling out of the tree.

Scott,
45 min ? Slacker.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:36 PM
export!

ORIGINAL: Loubud

Fern,
Good story. I could almost feel myself falling out of the tree.

Scott,
45 min ? Slacker.
If it came as a kit Doug could put it together in 11 seconds.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Loubud

BamBam,
I think that if Dougie had it, it would assemble itself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.