Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Typhoon 3D won't respond after crash

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Typhoon 3D won't respond after crash

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 02:41 AM
dmdrums1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Typhoon 3D won't respond after crash

Well, the Typhoon 3D is an awesome plane....so awesome that I decided to do a loop at full speed only 10 feet off the ground only to find that 5 more feet would have been even more awesome.

The plane is damaged pretty badly, but with a bit of CA glue, I think it should be fine.

PROBLEM: I put in the battery and I hear the single long tone (lower pitch), followed by two shorter tones (higher pitch). When I switch the plane to the "on" position, I no longer hear the armed tone like I used to and I am unable to control the servos or motor. Throttle is set to minimum on remote, as I know you need this to arm the plane.....but still nothing.

Any ideas? I'd rather ask an opinion before I just start ordering parts. I'm thinking it's either the receiver or the ESC, but I don't know where to start or even how to tell which is bad!!

Please help!! I really would love to fix this plane!! My SuperCub is a little too slow to keep me entertained forever

Thanks!!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Leo L

Default RE: Typhoon 3D won't respond after crash

The fact that the ESC is giving you tones when you first plug in the battery would indicate that it's "seeing" the battery's power. I would suspect that your receiver is the problem. Try calling Horizon Hobby and speak to their techs. They are usually very helpful.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:39 PM
davemac2

The crystal in your RX may be toast. With the shock of a bad crash, they can go bad. It could also be a bad connection on the crystal. Try checking servo movement while at the same time applying some lateral pressure to the crystal with your other hand.

dave mc
Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 AM
BendR

Check your RX for sure but before you order anything, check the wires at the switch. These were very weak solder joints on mine and I ended up bypassing the switch altogether. It's possible that you broke one of the joints upon impact. Good luck with getting it back up. I love my 'PHOON!!