Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

easy star?

Old 12-22-2007, 09:59 PM
heli-kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easy star?

is it ok to run a easy star with stock motor, 12 amp esc on a 1320 mah lipo?
Old 12-23-2007, 01:07 PM
whitecrest

Default RE: easy star?

That should be OK, especially if your lipo is 2S. You'll be running much lighter (assuming you're switching from Nimh or Nicads) and should have good duration. You might have to move the battery forward to get the right CG. If your lipo is 3S, you'll be pushing the motor harder, but you should still be OK if you don't over-prop. Some Speed 400 motors have no problem running around 12 volts, so you should be alright. I'd double check the stock motor's voltage and current parameters just to be safe.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:33 AM
heli-kid

thanks, i was using a 9.6v 900mah batt. but i didnt feel like it had enough power and i found this lipo in my room so i put it in my easystar. i forgot to put that the lipo is only 7.4v?
Old 12-24-2007, 04:47 AM
whitecrest

You ought to be about 2.5 - 3 oz lighter using that 2S lipo with considerably more capacity. To compensate for the voltage drop, you should have no trouble increasing the prop diameter and/or pitch a bit to increase thrust without exceeding your motor's current limits. I think you will be pleased with the improvement in performance. Good luck with your set up!
Old 12-25-2007, 12:21 AM
heli-kid

thanks!