Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Australian BBQ and Beers (All Welcome) - Part IV

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Australian BBQ and Beers (All Welcome) - Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:37 PM
ozrcboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Australian BBQ and Beers - Part IV

ORIGINAL: bleary

Nice looking Easybox Oz,what did you cover the wings with mate?
Wings aren't covered in the photo btw.

Used 30 micron laminating film - turns clear when applied and dead cheap (although the easybox "kit" comes with enough of it to skin about 6 wings).

Old 03-04-2008, 07:49 PM
machette

Default RE: Australian BBQ and Beers (All Welcome) - Part IV

Maybe we could get this hobby declared a disease.
Possibilities are endless then......claimable on medibank for a start
Old 03-04-2008, 07:54 PM
machette

Oz, the solarfilm I used ONCE has heat sensitive adhesive backing.
Is this laminating film you are using the same stuff or do you apply your own adhesive?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:06 PM
ozrcboy

Machette - laminating film has a heat sensitive glue on back much like solarfilm. In use it is very similar to solar film - main differences - you need higher termperatures, and it doesn't shrink quite so much so you need to be a little more accurate when you first tack it down

Inflex has a little tutorial on his website about using it - pretty straightforward though:
http://pldaniels.com/flying/balsa/us...or-models.html

Oh - it's probably a stronger than solarfilm once it is in place too.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:28 PM
tam popo

Machette, Mike - Its not a disease, its an Addiction (ask MC!!!) - gambling, sex, drink, sex, drugs, glue sniffing, sex, greed,.....did I mention sex??? Not reclaimable, ask any MP, politician or Michael Douglas.....
Old 03-04-2008, 08:37 PM
tam popo

Guys - remember the old days when you were a kid and you spent your pocket money on planes, tissue and doping the wings etc. Mum and Dad thought you building the old KeilKraft rubber planes but you really high as a Kite on fumes from the methyl something or other - man, far out, whoooa mad dog, mad dog......Lucy in the sky....all-seeing eye...mad dog....That was before Fosters and an aspirin or two!!!! A generation of 12-y-olds spaced out on flying. Byeee, bed calls...whooof whooff...
Old 03-04-2008, 08:42 PM
tam popo

Has anybody noticed something diferent about the banner next to the RCUniverse logo at the top of this page - where the hell did the yellow Porsche GT3A come from? Someone must be doing well at RCU!!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:59 PM
ozrcboy

The search for cheap jr rs77s RXs continues. I've found a place that will supply them for $90 US Rupees with $6.67 postage.

If anyone wants details let me know. I'm still holding off for the moment - I think the US Rupee has further to fall, as do the price of these rxes.

Cheers,
Oz.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Rowdy_b64

ORIGINAL: tam popo

Guys - remember the old days when you were a kid and you spent your pocket money on planes, tissue and doping the wings etc. Mum and Dad thought you building the old KeilKraft rubber planes but you really high as a Kite on fumes from the methyl something or other - man, far out, whoooa mad dog, mad dog......Lucy in the sky....all-seeing eye...mad dog....That was before Fosters and an aspirin or two!!!! A generation of 12-y-olds spaced out on flying. Byeee, bed calls...whooof whooff...
Tam ... have a nice .... looonnnnnng .... calming sleep ..... I think you need one !
Old 03-04-2008, 11:43 PM
maiden-crash

Hi fellas, Im in.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:39 AM
machette

Thanks Oz, that's a good explanation of applying this film/laminate by Inflex
I'll tag it again if anyone missed it

Might have a go at reskinning this MUS wing ..........I'm only got white but if it works out I may buy some more.

Rowdy, you're not to worry about Tam. Scotland weather takes a few out about this time every year .....they get cabin crazy due to being stuck indoors too much [] ......here's some therapy Tam....some blue sky
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87882.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	895282  
Old 03-05-2008, 01:51 AM
Rowdy_b64

ORIGINAL: machette

Thanks Oz, that's a good explanation of applying this film/laminate by Inflex
I'll tag it again if anyone missed it

Might have a go at reskinning this MUS wing ..........I'm only got white but if it works out I may buy some more.

Rowdy, you're not to worry about Tam. Scotland weather takes a few out about this time every year .....they get cabin crazy due to being stuck indoors too much [] ......here's some therapy Tam....some blue sky
Heeeee ... yep .. I've been there a couple times ... it's a lovely place to visit ... but only the Scots (and Tam) would live there

Seems like the RCUNIVERSE people are trying to repair the hacker damage ... I hope!!

No piccys is not to flash! Might have to pull stumps and take the BBq elsewhere if this continues!

Cheers Machette

Rowdy
** and as I post .. back comes the piccy's and away goes the admin notice .... ah aint life grand !!! **
Old 03-05-2008, 04:17 AM
clovus

DI,

Yeah I had a temporary brain freeze, it was Desert Aircraft. They had these HUGE big crates and I was silly enough to ask what was in them and even stupider to have a look. Sweeeet!

Oz,

I like your little project and will be following with interest. Please keep us informed. I've been dreaming of a big project, maybe a 1.5m WS tigermoth. I think its doable with my scratch building skill level.... still can;t fix the MPXT though. I have the most expensive bits (motor/ESC) sitting around and a heap of spare lipo's. I just love tinkering around, slowly building stuff, it's great stress release. If I start this it could take a year.

clovus
Old 03-05-2008, 04:21 AM
maiden-crash

Had too much fun tonight with the Addiction, second night with zero wind. I cant even describe the aerobatic sequence, but I can say I am getting very confident with it and have progressed tremendously since I first got it. I might have to hype down a little, other planes have been lost previously to overconfidnce. Only difference is most things are done slowly with this plane, so most oopsies will only result in minor damage (or most likely nothing.) VERY close call with a low KE pass tonight, it always seems to glitch when Im doing KE for some reason. (may be a result of unknowing pointing the TX aerial directly at it)
Old 03-05-2008, 04:21 AM
petercrawf

ORIGINAL: machette

and for the hat trick

How about teaching your little brother how to do thumbnails

Every time we have a pictorial page, she stalls at half pic and so I go through and open properties of each pic.....cut and paste the 'location' to a browser ......and while that's loading get the next pics location from properties and paste that in a browser.........and then copy the pics to a folder ......and so on.

......but what can you do when you are stuck with a third world system of internet. .....my choice I guess
Mike stop your whinging and peddle faster...works great on my crappy laptop

Pete
Old 03-05-2008, 04:26 AM
maiden-crash

Oz, that looks very nice (sorry mate just saw it, I skimmed most of the posts.) When do you think it will be ready?
Old 03-05-2008, 04:30 AM
clovus

Sorry to cut in MC/Oz,

A quick Piccy of what I'm working on now, if you can call cutting out 8 pieces of depron working.....

[img][/img]

Been flying the Extra last two mornings I will take out the Addiction tomorrow, Can't let Amer have all the fun........
clovus
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57854.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	895365  
Old 03-05-2008, 04:46 AM
digitalimages

Clovus

That looks good, certainly a lot easier to cut out etc than the F15 I have half done !! I'll have to wait until I get to Adelaide now and try finishing it then.

Desert Aircraft is an interesting place eh ? God knows how much those planes cost !!

BTW they are a source for depron, but you probably know that. That's how I came to go there.

Be interesting to see your build progress

Cheers
Old 03-05-2008, 04:52 AM
The_Mongrel

Looks good Clovus.

I have to say that I am happy after getting the Expo 3D depron foamy! I took it out this arvo... No wind, so very predictable. I actually started practicing inverted circuits... and low inverted passes. Was WAY COOL!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:50 AM
ozrcboy

Was that you on the news tonight Pete?

Have fitted the little brushless to the easybox - seems to go alright. However, the little Corona Synthetic rx is giving me some issues. These things have rave reviews on the net, but myself and a Canberra flying mate are having mixed reactions with them...

Also, the batteries I was planning to use appear to be "off". Have a 2s 850mah which wont add much weight, and I figure at 3.7 oz/sq ft I have a bit of breathing room.

Your depron park jet looks nice Clovus.

Great news on the addiction MC.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:07 AM
tam popo

Mike - nice piccy of the Blue skys - but where's the trees?
Heads are going to roll today!![>:] My EZ* was cancelled at my LHS. Re-placed the order with BRC Hobbies on I-Net last Wednesday, money taken by PayPal and still no plane arrived by Postie or Courier. Called the shop to see if had been despatched and they said Yes - so where the F.... is it.? Gonna call in 2 minutes and kick ass, and this is from the featured shop in RCME magazine this month. See ya in an hour.....
Old 03-05-2008, 06:11 AM
The_Mongrel

Go hard Tam!! You tell em how it is!!
Old 03-05-2008, 07:31 AM
tam popo

JohnM - its just arrived!!! That ass I kicked must of hurt.....and now to build....heheehehhahhhehahh.......
Old 03-05-2008, 07:44 AM
The_Mongrel

Cool! What are you doing here then... off you go!!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:26 AM
brendonv

Hey im getting a 1500kv brushless motor a 25A programmable esc from http://wattsuprc.com.au for my extrafun as the stock motor cant even get it off the ground and burnt out, im on a tight budget as im 14, do i need new radio gear for this plane? Whats the cheapest radio gear i can get for it ( if i need it ) thats better than the stock stuff so i wont get any glitches as i have heard happens a lot.

Thnx,

From Brendon.v

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.