Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

E-Star air tractor AT802

Old 11-01-2008, 02:07 AM
dglo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Star air tractor AT802

Planning to order the estar model Air Tractor, anyone familiar with this kit? If you haven't seen this company's kits you really should check them out.[link]http://www.estarmodels.com[/link]I think it will be perfect for my backyard configuration (short landing strip). With its STOL abilities and functioning flaps I should be able to put it down where I need to. Being new to electrics I could use some help in figuring out a power system. Best I can come up with so far is the mfg. recommended Hi-Max 2025-4200 w/5.4:1 gear ratio, 3S 2100 Thunder power Pro-Lite, and a Phoenix 25 esc. I just want good performance, not unlimited vertical, does this sound like a good setup? I really don't know much about this stuff, any help would be appreciated. Could an outrunner be used instead? With flaps and ailerons this plane will have 6 mini servos in it, will I need to use a UBEC? Any suggestions to keep costs down would be greatly appreciated by my better half. Getting into this electric stuff is big bucks, batteries (who wants just one?),charger, balancer, esc, motor, gearbox, yada-yada-yada!! Oh well, it's only money.

Thanks, Doug
Old 07-19-2015, 01:30 PM
Avaiojet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doug,

Did you ever get the E-Star air tractor AT802 kit?

I was wondering how you made out?

CB