Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

accipiter badius vs firebird phantom

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

accipiter badius vs firebird phantom

Old 05-20-2009, 10:21 AM
orangehat44
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accipiter badius vs firebird phantom

This will be my first plane. and i belive ive narrowed it down to these two. The reason im leaning towards the phantom is that its avaible at my local hobby shop and i could get it today ( I just took my last examand it is beautiful out) so of course im leaning towards the option of flying today especially since after the final i took today i think i deserve a present from me lol. But i just wanted to get everyones thoughts on these two models. pluses and minuses.

thanks alot
Old 05-20-2009, 10:37 AM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: accipiter badius vs firebird phantom

It would probably be much easier to get parts for the Phantom than the Badius especially if the local HS stocks them.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:29 PM
mad web tv scientist

Default RE: accipiter badius vs firebird phantom

ORIGINAL: orangehat44

This will be my first plane. and i belive ive narrowed it down to these two. The reason im leaning towards the phantom is that its avaible at my local hobby shop and i could get it today ( I just took my last exam and it is beautiful out) so of course im leaning towards the option of flying today especially since after the final i took today i think i deserve a present from me lol. But i just wanted to get everyones thoughts on these two models. pluses and minuses.

thanks alot

hat, I have to agree with sport. My bias for smaller, lighter lower kinetic energy models for newbies compels me to encourage the use of the smallest practical aircraft, given the destructive power of lawsuits. As for me and my older, weaker eyes along with my subjective need for more flight "realism" I must have the larger PFs to use with new modeling prospects.

I really like the EXCEED-RC ACCIPITER BADIUS motor powered gliders and still fly them in modified form that allows them to perform up to my expectations. I have been flying and modifying them for almost four years now. Time really does fly when you are having fun!

Once you master your current machine you might try an AB to see what you have been missing.

sport, speaking of the devil, before you fly into combat please check out some of the proven weapons mentioned in my e-mail signature under my blog urls.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.