Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

New Parkzone Trojan T-28D PNP/BNF & EZ-XPORT

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

New Parkzone Trojan T-28D PNP/BNF & EZ-XPORT

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:22 AM
johnpcunningham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Parkzone Trojan T-28D PNP/BNF & EZ-XPORT

I've just received the new Parkzone T28D PNP from hobbyzone.com. I'm running the Spektrum electronics and the EZ-XPORT for running the XPORT modules. Currently using the sonic combat module for dogfighting. I used an XPORT extension cable (ParkZone part no# PKZ1509, $1.99) to extend the cable through the body of the plane and affix it to the EZ-XPORT inside the fuse. A hot glue gun is used to attach the sonic module to the bottom of the plane.

As for the radio, you could easily use the GEAR button to fire the modules. I use a normally closed switch (Radio Shack), drilled a small hole in my DX7, and soldered it to the gear switch whie leaving the gear switch in the up position. This way, when I'm dogfighting I don't have to constantly toggle the gear switch, I just push the button - like the original hobbyzone radio setup.

The EZ-XPORT allows any radio to contol any of the XPORT modules. If you are interested in the EZ-XPORT, cost is $35 with $5 shipping worldwide. $5 shipping no matter how many you order. Contact [email protected] if you are interested. I've sold about 1800 to date and I believe a few distributors are going to be picking them up soon.

If you guys like flying these Parkzone warbirds and are not dogfighting, you are really missing out. I fly nitro, heli, and full size planes as well but the dogfighting really adds to the enjoyment of the RC sport.

JC
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19671.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1248565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51916.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1248566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30925.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1248567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey69995.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1248568   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gs94196.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	1248569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hy33960.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1248570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34567.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1248571  
Old 09-07-2009, 11:28 PM
lowdrag

Default RE: New Parkzone Trojan T-28D PNP/BNF & EZ-XPORT

Dude, this plane flys the best out of all the PZ warbirds. You XPORT adapter goes tight in place and sonic combat away. Good luck on the possible gig with Horizon, hope they pick it up.

High Speed - low drag
Old 09-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Leo L

Lowdrag,

I must disagree with you on one thing. I just bought the P-51 "Gunfighter" and since I absolutley refuse to hand launch planes, I added the Cosair's landing gear to the wings and the Typhoon's tail wheel. After the maiden flights yesterday the P-51 is clearly the best of the PZ Warbirds. It flies better than either the T-28 or the Corsair. The take-offs and landings are much better than the Corsair's and are almost as good as the T-28.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:36 PM
lowdrag

Leo,

Tell me more!!!

My experience with the Mustangs has not been that great and I've alwasy beleived it was the wing configuration. They always seemed to be somewhat unstable. Mustangs meaning the "first" Parkzone Mustang with the gearbox and a World Models Mustang that was balsa - I have not flow the version you are flying now. That being said, what was your basis of comparisions!!!!! Were you doing any combat or chasing other planes? We saw the T-28 was a little faster than the Corsair and would out turn it in tight turns. Don't tell me I have to go buy one of these now

lowdrag