Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

E-Flight L-4 Grasshopper

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 11:24 PM
fly4food18
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Flight L-4 Grasshopper

After dreaming about the E-Flight L-4 I finnaly got one. After reading all the reviews I could find I started to work on a plan to fix the big problem of weak landing gear. The video on horizons website shows the Grasshopper doing some very nice landings, but one thing stood out to me. The Gear has no give. When my plane arrived at my Hobbyshop i quickly found the landing ger and started making measurements.

My First plan was to make scale/robart style gear whic would have many pieces of tubing and rubber bands. After looking at the gear some more i found a better easyer plan with a spring and a wire cutter.

All you need is a spring of your choice or two springs. cut the wire which the scale shock located bend little loops in at wire and attach a spring in the middle. The Gear should be able to handle some rough field fun cub style landings. Once the spring is hooked in the loops i addes some heat shrink tubing to the hooks to help keep the spring on and help clean up look of the gear. Last i used a sharpy to color the spring black like the real cubs shock covers.

I hope this helps some one. I'll add a flight report once i get the motor and speed controller (next paycheck)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21375.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1447724   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35918.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1447725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34676.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1447726  
Old 12-29-2010, 05:56 AM
zzip

Default RE: E-Flight L-4 Grasshopper

Great idea! I'm going to try this out when my new L-4 arrives. Thanks!!!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:30 AM
fly4food18
My Feedback: (15)

It worked great. on landing the plane desnt really bounce as much as in the video on E-flightes website. It did kinda make the plane a little squirly on take off. work the rudder like the real plane and its just fine. The plane is alot of fun to fly. I am going to be listing the plane for sale to start working on another project. Are you interested in purchasing one RTF?

Thanks
Brian

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mj24332.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	1539370   Click image for larger version

Name:	av67745.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	1539371  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 AM
zzip

No thanks, I actually just got mine 3 days ago. Waiting for a Hobbyking order so I can get it together. Then I can stare at it until Spring-time!