Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzones New Warbird F4F Wildcat

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzones New Warbird F4F Wildcat

Old 07-26-2010, 03:45 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzones New Warbird F4F Wildcat

srt10, thank you for your kind responses that I keep failing to address. Your positive kind of attitude and enthusiasm is what we really need more of in the use of fighter planes to move the culture forward toward the ultimate inevitable triumph of truth.

In all the excitement I left out a slight structural improvement on the Wildcat in my last post that might prove comforting to have in case of some of those possible excessive "G forces" that might slip in on your six.

Of all of the WARBIRDS the F4F may be the one with the strongest wing structure. That said, I just had to make a possible useful improvement. Fiberglass (1/2 inch wide) tape was added along the leading edges of the wings and wrapped around on the bottom side. Short sections of the tape are added on the bottom of the wing covering the end of the internal structure out to the inside edge of the insignia on the right wing with the same length of tape applied on the left wing. A strip of tape is applied on the bottom of both wings running perpendicular to the leading edges across the same ends covered by the above mentioned short lengths of tape. Just to be sure, a thin coat of CA glue was used to seal all tape edges.

So, Ensigns, please remember to report any battle damage sustained as a result of any contact with the enemy.

Over and out.

madwebtvscientist [sm=cry_smile.gif] [sm=lol.gif] ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:01 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] Unusual non-Wildcat enthusiasts writing on this Wildcat thread got me to thinking about why I am enjoying PZ RTF airplanes so much.

First of all I have just removed two (2) motor powered gliders to a more permanent storage area that I had been planning to possibly fly. It turns out that the urgency to fly fighters is now so great and time is so short that only fighters will be flown for the foreseeable future. In addition to that, communicating and interacting with people is so much more important than working on planes except when absolutely necessary that RTF aircraft have to be my weapons of choice in most cases.

A fascinating touch on the Wildcat in addition to all other details is the rivets. I assume all of those other circles with dot patterns in them have to do either with manufacturing needs and/or air flow modifying phenomena. It would be nice to know something about them.

One suggestion that might be entertaining and possibly useful is that rivets could be left off the "fabric" covered control surfaces especially of future fighters to simulate full scale practice. Certain kinds of "purists" might have a more positive reaction in such a case. Personally, I think it is kind of fun to speculate about why the rivets are on the control surfaces of the F4F.

Hey! Where are all of you other fighter pilots? Surely you are not going force me to face the hostile skies all alone with my one and only Wildcat! Come on guys, what is this? We have a war to win! We must have more pilots! This airplane is much to much fun to not be enjoyed by as many pilots as possible!

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=cry_smile.gif] [sm=lol.gif] ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Leo L

Hi Madwebtvscientist,

Do you ever get the feeling that you are talking to yourself, or at least forum thread communicating with yourself? I haven't visited RCUniverse in quite some time and I was surprised to see so little discusion of the Wildcat. I spend most of my time on RCGroups.

I've had the fighter bug for some time, but since I will not fly a plane that must be handlaunched, I did not purchase the original trio of fighters from PZ: the Frankie P-51; FW-190 and Spitfire. I bought a few used GWS fighters, but I was never happy with their performance and they definitely did not do well on those "rough" landing occassions.

I can fit five planes into my car, so most of my flight days see me bring my five PZ warbirds to the park. Although my Gunfighter P-51 is still my favorite (with Corsair landing gear), after just a handful of flights the Wildcat has moved into second place (PZ J3Cub landing gear); followed by the BF-109; Corsair and Trojan.

I tried using the 1800mah batteries in the Widcat, but I found that it flies much better, IMHO, with the stock 1300mah.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:32 PM
mad web tv scientist

Leo, thank you for your thought provoking and inspirational post. In view of statements by my FHS (favorite hobby shop) that after my favorable comments about the Wildcat every one of them were sold out, it would definitely seem strange to see so few comments about the F4U here.

Plausible reasons for the "Cat situation" might be found on the PZ Spit thread where documentation of a real raging clandestine war is exposed. Just as I was attempting to complete the first draft of this post my msntv 2 system completely froze up. "Coincidence" (?), maybe, but you wouldn't believe all of the coincidences that happen to me as well as to other free energy fans who tend to reveal things "better kept secret," if you know what I mean. Certain kinds of people just don't need to be getting too much attention, especially if they don't quite fit in with the establishment, you understand.

Back to planes - as with the Wildcat the story is the same with other PZ fighters as well. The HS has trouble keeping any in stock. Like yourself, I also love the Mustang, so much so that that I found it necessary to buy a back up PZ 51 that turned out to weigh three (3) ounces less than my original 51 that I now affectionately refer to as my War Weary Mustang due to all of the battle damage it has sustained. I almost yielded to the temptation to buy a back up light 51. The WW 51 is always the plane that flies the most dangerous missions first. Also like yourself the F4F is second to fly especially when putting on a show for potentially new modelers. It could easily become number one, or at least tied with the Mustang for air time.

Because of uncertain landing field access and the readily available areas where only belly landings are practical, my preference is for no gear even though I own five (5) fighters with gear and I am committed to purchasing two (2) "full house" H9 fighters. I love the PF fighters and suspect it will be quite a while before I am able to work up enough nerve to actually fly the big stuff.

I have adopted the Military Channel's "FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!" statement as one of my very own favorite expressions of the joy I experience with fighter planes and their vital inspirational roll in winning the culture war. So . . . .

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:36 PM
mad web tv scientist

WILDCAT DIARY

Evidently the terror inspired by this thread (see corroborative evidence: http://www.modelaircraft.org/Members...0/00000062.jpg ) is for the most part keeping friend as well a foe a safe distance away.

America's Ace who flew a SPAD to glory (see page 5 of CALL TO GLORY!
http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/ ) said, "Courage is when you do what you are afraid to do." We are truly living in historic times that are calling the courageous to action. Being intrinsically exciting, fighter planes can be perfect teaching aids in our time as we fight for right. We must not allow any tyrant regardless of how great a legend he may be in his own mind to steal our freedom!

It could be pure subjectivism over the fact that the Wildcat is a new different airplane, but I definitely find flying it unusually pleasurable for whatever reason(s). As I was reminded again today with a hard landing its only real weakness is the cowl. It cracked on the bottom in two places on landing. I may have to reinforce the entire bottom half of the cowl to get it to hold together under my sometimes less than proper landing technique. I added some more carbon fiber structure in areas that I hope will prevent such damage in the future.

The landing performance of the F4F has inspired modifications to other fighters that are also now easier to land in small spaces. I enjoy seeking out unsuspecting pray in otherwise peaceful parks, dazzle them with my display, and then seductively present the truth to them in a way they cannot deny. Its as easy as taking candy away from a baby!

Come on, join the fun! The terrifying Wildcat is now one of my preferred first line fighters come what may!

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif] ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:32 PM
mad web tv scientist

Dear Diary,

Just in case it is possible to eventually help/encourage fellow Wildcat fighter pilots, here are some updated thoughts.

There is no doubt that the mid-wing design of the F4F makes flying nice looking victory rolls very easy to perform. Yesterday, after pulling out of a full throttle power dive that is needed to enjoy some attention getting sound, the rolls flown immediately after the dive as the plane was angled about 45 degrees up were unrealistically fast. The aileron deflection angles are adjusted for the minimum force needed to just barely roll the plane under marginal conditions. I will have to be a bit more careful at higher speeds in order to get more realistic slower roll rates.

Since my last visit here the cowl experienced two more cracks from a hard landing. Yet more carbon fiber structure was added to the inside of the cowl. I am getting a little better at landings now. Maybe I won't break the cowl again, especially now that it is a little stronger.

A really neat thing about the F4F is that it hasn't required any ballast whatsoever. Only a little aerodynamic trim with rudder and ailerons does the trick.

The instruction book tip about peak charging batteries is extremely valuable. At the moment I have evidently only damaged one battery from not knowing about peak charging dangers. Though noticeably puffed up a little the 2200mAh 3 cell LiPo battery in question still works okay. If conditions permit, it will be used last in today's sorties.

Just happened to check the maximum range of the DX7 in range check mode. Whereas, the DX5e can sometimes be marginal with a range check of a belly lander on the grass, the DX7 provides almost twice the range of the DX5e in range check mode under the same conditions - emotional insurance.

A fun thing about flying the Wildcat along with a model of a more advanced fighter is the conversations such historic aircraft can inspire.

"OFF WE GO INTO THE WILD BLUE YONDER"

Old 08-24-2010, 05:53 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] WILDCAT TRAINING SYSTEM AND BATTERY REPORT

Radio Shack sells 1/8 inch diameter jacks equipped chords for only $4 that works perfectly for a master/slave transmitter R/C flight training system using Specktrum equipment. I keep the chord unplugged from both transmitters until just before flight to keep the batteries from running down. It is important to make sure that the slave transmitter has its reversing switches in the same positions as the master. Slave transmitter on/off switch must be off but be sure to have batteries in the slave or it won't work. The system is so neat that it will be kept ready to use on virtually all of my missions.

The F4F continues to perform very nicely. It turns out that the fast victory rolls mentioned earlier happened because the aileron switch happened to be on high rate. The "expo" feature on the transmitter kept me from discovering the switch position problem. The cat will probably perform at least half of all training missions with the PZ 51 flying the rest on most CAP sorties.

Flew my very first vertical four point rolls last time out along with "regular" horizontal four point rolls, and with a little "knife edge" thrown in for rudder practice. The excitement of flight continues to be my biggest problem when attempting to fly maneuvers - got to learn to be more cool and calculating during flight. The "ice man" may commeth but I definitely ain't him.

The 2200mAh battery mentioned earlier puffed up some on the last of a series of flights so much that I was afraid to use it again. It was wrapped up in water proof protective plastic bags and put in the cool but not freezing part of a refrigerator and kept there for a few days. Unless I am warned against it, the battery now seems safe enough to use at least on cool days.

As has been said before, so say I again, this plane is much to much fun to not share.

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 09-18-2010, 07:39 PM
mad web tv scientist

MOMENTOUS DECISION/WILDCAT'S FINEST HOUR, PAINTING DISCOVERIES, AND KILLER PROP

For some time now I've been wondering why flying square loops with victory rolls on the flat sides are generally so difficult for me to perform now and have arrived at the conclusion that perhaps flying multiple fighters with significantly varying flight characteristics is at least partly responsible for such poor flying performance.

The modified "109F" version of the PZ Bf 109G is currently my smoothest aerobatics performer and like the 109 the Wildcat performs very nicely with very similar rolling performance. The similar flight characteristics of these two planes would seem to make them compatible enough so as not to adversely effect piloting performance - famous last words?

To provide some background, over two (2) years ago Square and triangle loops with rolls on the flat sides were being performed relatively easily with a slightly modified PZ Spitfire until I bought a PZ Corsair. Wringing out the F4U and practicing maneuvers demonstrated my deteriorating maneuvering ability with the Spitfire in back to back flights with the F4U.

Then, came the PZ GUNFIGHTER - after focusing a lot of practice time flying only the P-51 I got fairly good even in some substantial wind. Okay, enter the Messerschmitts, history repeated itself. Now I can't fly the square maneuvers accurately with anything. I always loose it on the second corner and the rest of the maneuver turns out to be a mess.

The stock F4F prop that works well has been replaced by an APC SF 10X3.8 prop. Although not as loud as either the stock GUNFIGHTER or the F4U it does provide a buzzing and swishing sound similar to the Corsair with its modified and cut down 12X3.8 SF APC prop in a power dive from maximum cruising altitude. The improved vertical performance of the F4F using the 10X3.8 prop over the stock prop is very noticeable. After running down my batteries to a low storage level of around 11.4 volts, full throttle can still easily pull the Wildcat straight up. I am looking forward to flying this slightly modified F4F hopefully very well at mile plus high altitudes on possible future missions. Its greater vertical performance makes it comparable to my hopped up 109.

A paper hole puncher is very useful for making holes in 1/32" plywood for needed "spacer washers" along with some metal washers to make the APC SF prop work with its thin hub. The puncher also works nicely to punch out nice round "wheel hubs" that can help make hand launching by gripping the front of the F4F a more secure operation.

The key to victory in mixing touch up paint is to first find a color that is as close as possible to what needs to be touched up. Actual matching colors can be hard to find. Then, using black along with white paint, use disposable sticks and add drops of white and black to a blue blob of paint on a scrap piece of paper while mixing and testing until your mixture is as close as possible to the places needing to be touched up. Its really easier than you think. It just takes time and patience.

In addition to its recognized non-critical flying performance, another virtue about the Wildcat nobody has discussed yet is its very practical small size. It is the only killer sized Park Flyer fighter that is compact enough to ride in the front of a compact car without crowding me.

Putting it all together now, the F4F Wildcat is now my preeminent modeling promoting demonstration fighter plane. My lightest, best looking GUNFIGHTER will serve as a back up and, the big 109 is to be used as a contrasting attention getting "wing man teaching aid" in air shows for the foreseeable future.

So, FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN! We have the technology.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:41 AM
mgrande11

Enjoy the video there are some close in fly bys.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:52 AM
mgrande11

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMwQj-d4rDc[/youtube]
Old 09-20-2010, 08:58 AM
guapoman2000

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It was terrific weather conditions at Central Florida (Orlando, Florida) and many of us enjoyed the local High School Concrete Band practice surface.

However, Spider Dave came with his Park Zone Wildcat with his own servos, ESC and BP Hobbies motor swinging the Stock Propeller and that little model zoom upwards like a home sick Dove.

Dave bought his PZ Wildcat in the Airframe only form and he is happy and never looking back.

Another RC Buddy, Gerry took some neat pictures of the action from Sunday, 09-19-2010:

Guapoman2000 with good form hand toss

Old 09-20-2010, 07:42 PM
mad web tv scientist

mgande11, thanks for the videos. I was able to watch them on a computer at a shopping center yesterday. Yours are the very first videos of the F4F I have ever seen.

quapoman, more great shots! Please correct me if I am wrong. I have the suspicion that almost all, if not all PZ Wildcat flyers are experienced pilots and this is why reports about crash damage and repair work is not being reported.

The F4F is so nice and forgiving to control compared to many of the touchy high strung thoroughbreds that probably many new cat flyers have more or less mastered so the new nice bird is simply not being crashed significantly. Am I right about this or are there actually some pilots out there who are keeping the embarrassing but useful facts from a public that needs to know?

I gotsta know what is happening, Is the Wildcat really as good as I think it is? Somebody knows and needs to tell us.

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 09-21-2010, 04:19 AM
guapoman2000

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

madwebtvscientist,

I have not done any studies to find out if those that own this model is an experienced (not newbie) type of RC Flyer.

I have encountered non Newbie RC Flyers with adaquate RC flying experience when I have come across this model in flight.

Carlos
Old 09-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Saburo Sakai

Muy guapo photos, guapoman! This might be my next warbird, the noble F4F.
But I'm trying an appeal to Parkzone to unleash a fighter that is a great unifier of two great nations of freedom so please forgive this intrusion for my petition to Parkzone/Horizon but I've got to hit them on all fronts:

Spitfire Mark V, flown by Squadron No. 12, entirely American volunteer pilots, R.A.F. Third Eagle Squadron. In the fight against socializm and Islamism, Britain and the U.S.A. are brothers in a conflict that is partly internal and therefore a conundrum of confusion, but we shall persevere to victory as against the Nazis and the Japanese Imperialists. Similarly motivated foes, we've smashed them before, etc...

Fly to Victory over Tyranny in the new, Parkzone Spitfire Mark V. Blast the fascist enemy with her twin 20mm. cannon and smile with your British brothers in arms! Yippee-tah-yay, tally ho!
Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 PM
mad web tv scientist

Sakai, you are going to love the Wildcat, guaranteed! Welcome to this fun thread by the way. And, yes, I would dearly love an upgraded Spit!

I just completed binding my slightly modified PZ Spitfire to the DX7 and am looking forward to some back to back aerobatic flights with the killer F4F. One man who had observed full scale Wildcats stopped by after some demo flying recently to let me know that the PZ cat did things he never saw the full scale machine do.

quapoman, thanks for your response. You've convinced me. The F4F is a very special plane.

In view of the response to my question about Wildcat crash and repairs, I suspect that given present circumstances we may never hear about such possibly very rare events. I'll be looking forward to more successful flight reports. It's fun to fly and not crash. This is indeed a fun plane!

As of now I will be recommending the Wildcat as a first fighter to new pilots who have learned the basics. Yes, I will mention the PZ 51 and no doubt many will choose it, I would have myself even though the dandy little Wildcat would be a better choice.

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 09-22-2010, 07:06 AM
mgrande11

Thanks Mad scientist, I have flown the pz T-28 that a fellow flyer wanted me to trim out and I've got to tell you that it and F4F have the same handling characteristics and most folks consider the T-28 a great first plane. I've been flying for 2 years now and consider myself still to be a noob, especially since at the local field most of those guys have been flying longer than I've been alive. Oh and hand launches are a non event since the plane flies right out of your hand.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:02 PM
mad web tv scientist

[X(] mgrande, thanks, I needed that! I was guilty of "target fixation" by failing to check my six, good kill. I should have indicated in some way that of possible first "fighter planes" the Wildcat is now my most recommended plane. The T-28 warbird is an excellent first airplane for qualified new pilots and possibly a much better airplane in some ways. I highly recommend it.

I still have some doubts about the F4F wing structure even after performing "field modification" reinforcement. Problem is nobody is reporting any F4F crash damage and I seldom crash anymore, so I can't be 100% confident about recommending the Wildcat even though it flies really great.

Time will tell. In the meantime . . .

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:06 PM
mad web tv scientist

PROP REPORT

After over a half dozen or so flights with the APC SF 10X3.8 prop the Wildcat is now equipped with its original stock prop. Try as I may, in spite of the better vertical ability, I simply could not get the plane to fly as well as it does with the stock prop. I will go into more detail later after some tests at "high altitude."

Carlos, I did add some 3M tape reinforcement to the wing/fuselage structure, but am still a little nervous about the ability of the F4F to sustain crash damage. Please let us know about any possible structural upgrades that might help make the machine more resilient for new fighter pilots.

Thanks, now . . .

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 09-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

I agree, I'm very happy with the stock prop. This is one nice plane.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa_KBtGqpv8[/youtube]
Old 09-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Saburo Sakai

Bonzai! Wildcatput fear in heart ofSakai! Stupid emperor! No attack Yankees!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:17 PM
mad web tv scientist

Wheelnut, thanks for your post, I will try to bring up your visual when I get to a "real" computer some time next week. I just mixed up a little touch up paint today using turquoise and black paint. I used two balsa wood sticks to drip paint and one end of a "cotton swab" to mix and apply the paint. My wife was unable to tell the difference between the stock and touch up paint. I think maybe I have finally arrived as a touch up artist!

Sakai must fly Wildcat until Zero available. Emperor require unquestioned obedience! Banzai!

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

Old 10-22-2010, 09:54 PM
mad web tv scientist

Carlos, I still enjoy looking at your pictures and finally got to see Wheelnut's maiden flight movie on a real computer. Since nobody seems to be crashing the Wildcat I finally ended up doing it myself.

The next paragraph lists all the areas where the F4F was flown on my latest mission including the somewhat ground cluttered "backyard area" in Mississippi where the ship flew almost every day with multiple combat air patrols on most days during the week's tour of duty. After putting up successful flights with lighter batteries, an overconfident attitude coupled with a heavier battery for a faster, longer landing approach put the plane on a collision course with a light pole. Managed to get the ship down somehow, avoiding certain disaster, but with a rather violent summersault landing. Even with the fiberglass reinforced leading edge a one inch chunk of wing tip was broken with only the tape holding it in place on the wing. There was also a noticeable crease where a tough vine left its impression. Small wrinkles near the fuselage are noticeable top and bottom on the aft area of the wing. Applying pressure with hands and doing a little bending straightened out the "curvy" wing trailing edge. A little CA glue on the broken part got the machine back to flight status with no problems at all during the rest of the fighter sweeps. Yes, all future rugged, daring, fly anywhere fighters will also now enjoy carbon fiber reinforcement in addition to the above mentioned tape.

Rawlins, Wyoming; Holly Springs, Mississippi; Limon, Colorado; just up the mountain from Estes Park in Rocky Mountain National Park; the Continental Divide (Rabbit Ears Pass) area east of Steamboat Springs in an open range area; Wallowa-Whitman National Forest South of Baker were where the fighter sweep sortie combat battle fields where the killer Wildcat accomplished its history making missions.

The two most interesting flights occurred at 10,500 feet in two different environmentally legal locations not far from the Continental Divide, Using a reamed out PZ Spitfire stock 10X8 prop, the Wildcat easily enjoyed a better than a one to one thrust to weight ratio and performed every maneuver needed for my aerobatics purposes. The other test used a "cheater" light 2.5 ounce 25C 800 mAh 3 cell LiPo as opposed to the stock battery that was used on the first flight. The stock Wildcat 9X6 was used this time. The flight was very low on power. The plane absolutely would not fly an outside loop. Like a 25 ounce PZ P-51 GUNFIGHTER does under some conditions at sea level altitude, it would tip stall and roll out of outside loop attempts. Inside loops, even dead stick inside loops after a short dive were easy, as well as were inside and outside barrel rolls, and inverted flight.

Using the light "cheater" battery in the F4F but otherwise in stock condition allowed performance at 1.5 mile altitudes that were comparable to my slightly modified Spitfire flown at sea level altitude. Cutting the Spitfire 10X8 down to 9 inches with square tips produced a noisy prop that flew very well at one mile high altitude. Testing showed that the cut down noisy prop pulled around 20 amps at sea level altitude. The F4F stock prop pulls 18 amps at full throttle in back to back tests with the noisy prop. After modifying the tips of the noisy prop to look like an APC prop it still pulled 20 amps but became significantly quieter and seemed to produce significantly more thrust. I replaced the stock 18 amp ESC with a 30 amp ESC so I won't have to be concerned about long periods of full throttle combat. More fun with props will be forthcoming after future tests.

You have been warned, so, . . .

FLY, FIGHT AND WIN!

Old 10-22-2010, 09:58 PM
baprenti83543

I have about 60+ flights on my F4F so far with no problems (except landing under the car, which did not damage it ) Accomplished a flap mod on it 2 days ago, took a whole three hours of working and watching baeball to do. Now since I was tired of landing on the belly all the time, I added a fixed gear to it. I posted some pics of that mod. hope to fly it in the morning to see how it handles.

This was my first 4 channel+ airplane. Stepped up from Super Cub. Flies like a dream. Inverted, slow rolls. Spins nice, but cannot get her to flat spin for anything.

Just a side not. The color is hard as heck to see when your at altitude. took Some Tamiya Paint for Plastics (TS ) yellow and painted the underside fo the wings. Takes to foam very well with no melt or tacky feel.

Now for the P-47....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ec89801.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	1521362   Click image for larger version

Name:	to43669.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	1521363   Click image for larger version

Name:	dj11390.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	1521364   Click image for larger version

Name:	cw63666.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	1521365   Click image for larger version

Name:	qc38886.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	1521366   Click image for larger version

Name:	tj74157.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	1521367  
Old 10-22-2010, 11:35 PM
baprenti83543

Real Quick if you put flaps on your wildcat, and program your DX6i to the AR500 that is in the BNF model, this link helped me out a lot
http://rcflyers.mirafiori.com/2009/1...kzone-bf-109g/

I also had to get a reversing servo Y cable to make it all work.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 PM
baprenti83543

First Flight today after adding the landing gear. I had also added a steerable tailwheel borrowed from Parkzone F4U corsair. Had to hog out the area where the old tailwheel replica had been, and then run a pushrod back to it. Used separate micro servo for steering linked to tailwheel. Knowing that i had gouged out a whole lot of the foam that was part of the structure of the tail, so I used balsa to reinforce the area and held it in place with exoxy.

Flight report. Had to add 2 click nose down trim ( slightly aft CG). otherwise flew great. Landing with flaps made for 12 perfect landings on short grass. On takeoffs i keep tailwheel on the ground till ready to fly, because I had around 1" prop clearance, and i became an issue if the plane bounced on the grass.

Ended up being a great learning experience, hopefully will get a lot more flights out of this plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gd93979.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	778.4 KB
ID:	1523669   Click image for larger version

Name:	yt60803.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	521.1 KB
ID:	1523670   Click image for larger version

Name:	kp34203.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	568.3 KB
ID:	1523671  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.