Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzones New Warbird F4F Wildcat

Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzones New Warbird F4F Wildcat

Old 10-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzones New Warbird F4F Wildcat

Hi all,

What kind of skill would a person need to fly this plane? I can fly the PZ T-28 without problems but I find the PZ P-51 to be a little bit fast for me. Is the F4F between those two? Thanks DP
Old 10-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Radar65

You will have no problem flying this plane. I have one and love it. I would say the Wildcat falls in the middle of the T-28 and P-51, you should be fine.
Good Luck and Have Fun.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:08 PM
mad web tv scientist

baprenti, DP, and Radar, welcome to what may prove to be a thread for the absolutely easiest to fly first fighter for new qualified pilots. So far the evidence is overwhelming that the Wildcat is a great beginning four channel airplane that is nicely comparable to the proven champion T-28 trainer warbird.

Put up three flights yesterday under overcast skies. No color at all was visible beyond approximately 250 feet, just a black shape except for a flash of reflected sunlight from a strip of Chrome Monokote when the sun briefly made an appearance. After losing sight of the F4F for what seemed like several long terrifying seconds during a demonstration flight in Mississippi under slightly hazy but bright sunlight skies I was reminded how clever the camo was/is under such conditions. I have since added highly reflective chrome in "discrete areas" that I hope will help visibility without disturbing scale appearance too much.

After trimming the ship up a little with a 2250mAh 30C Thunder Power 3 cell battery weighing 6.75 ounces, no trim changes were needed on the next flight when a 4.25 ounce battery was installed. During one stall test at "just above stall speed" with the latest and greatest test prop the ship refused to stall and instead did an inside loop - might have been in an up draft. Maneuvers seemed as easy if not easier to fly than when using the stock 9X6 stock prop here in just above sea level altitude.

Finally, just this morning, I finished research on what might turn out to be the best possible high altitude performance prop for use on the Wildcat and the P-51 GUNFIGHTER. Because of the extra power available at sea level and the absence of the performance robbing gyroscopic precession and inertia of the stiffer and heavier SF APC prop discussed earlier, the new modified PZ Spitfire prop could be the very best performance enhancing prop from sea level up to 12,000 feet altitude. Next time Rocky Mountain National Park is visited, if the wind is reasonably mild, I hope to give it a go.

Because of 23 Amp full throttle operation with this prop a 30 Amp ESC is essential. I did take a bit of a chance at the first 10,500 foot altitude flying site by flying the F4F with the stock bladed 10X8 Spitfire prop using the 18 Amp stock ESC. I used full throttle only on the required vertical portions of the maneuvers which turned out to be quite adequate. I will have my ammeter next time and see how close to disaster the plane really came.

There is now absolutely no excuse for any fighter plane enthusiast to not enjoy the Wildcat anywhere on the American continent where there is a reasonable belly landing space. I need oxygen to perform well at altitude, my beautiful electric motors don't - just a prop pitch and diameter adjustment is all that is needed to fly at any practical altitude.

The killer modified PZ 10X8 prop has the proven quiet efficiency of an APC SF tip shape, 9.5 inch diameter and slightly "washed out airfoil tips" (easily obtained by removing material from the bottom of the trailing edges and from the top of the tip leading edges of the prop tips). Drilling/reaming out the center hole needs to be done carefully (I accidentally destroyed one prop with my bumbling drilling technique). A magnetic balancer is also used to minimize any possible vibration tendencies.

I just heard something really funny for some of us old timers. Remember way back when we had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash? Today, of course, we have no hope and no cash! [sm=lol.gif]

Therefore, FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.) ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:31 PM
baprenti83543

MadTV, Exactly the reason I painted the bottom of my wings Bright Yellow. Not a scale color, but i don't scare myself anymore on cloudy days. I think I will work on a power upgrade, see what I can do to make her go faster, although this plane flies pretty great just the way she is. It has been easy enough to fly that I am using it to teach some others with it.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 AM
mad web tv scientist

baprenti, thank you very much for your post. Your original posts on this thread really blew me away. I was afraid of coming on too strong and ended up failing to express my appreciation of your very successful R/C career. Your work had me thinking about ways to hollow out the wheel wells and use carbon fiber to reinforce the openings to simulate the scale
appearance. Clear covering could be applied if necessary and it would be neat to be able to look in and see neat stuff inside. It was just a thought because even though I have planes with wheels the lion's share of flight time will be with belly landing birds. Anyway, your experiences absolutely prove, along with those of everybody else that the Wildcat is a fabulous airplane. I have one of my older transmitters set up as a "buddy box" training system and, as with yourself my little Cat as well as other planes will be used to train newbies.

Although my new PZ P-47 will always be kept "retract capable" and when/if I should ever successfully conquer my phobias, no doubt I will add retracts. However, for the immediate future the Thunderbolt will serve as a "light belly lander."

I am going to get really serious about removing "dead wood" from the 47. I'm keeping the Mustangs and the Cat very close to stock so as to ease new flyers anxieties who might be interested in owning one or more of them. You can probably tell that at heart I am really just a "closet motor powered glider fan" with an attitude and an agenda.

I really am impressed with PZ's new motor powered glider, but am determined to practice self control, denying myself of graceful relaxing flying pleasures by flying only fighter planes as exciting attention getting teaching aids in the culture war that must be won at all costs.

One question - on those dark days how far away can you still see color? One reason I do like landing gear is that it gives you more visual clues to help tell which way the plane is going. The more I fly and suffer from disorientation, the more I tend to rely more on movement in a particular direction relative to control input. I still get nervous but a lot of disorientation recovery is becoming intuitive.

As you may have noticed, I stole the Military channel's slogan that was to have been an exciting part of the request for us aviation enthusiasts to be their wingman during historic air combat programs. So far nothing else has been said about said program since I have been signing off with . . .

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.) ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:21 AM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

Hi guys, just dialed my new Wildcat into the DX 6 last night and cant wait for the weekend for a test fly.
If it is as good as the '109' I have I will be very happy. (as long as the motor hangs together (totally different I know)
Go Parkzone.

Cheers,

Brad)
Old 12-03-2010, 09:07 PM
mad web tv scientist

Brad, welcome aboard! Your new Wildcat will delight you, guaranteed! Unlike other fighter threads you will notice nobody crashes F4Fs or even damages them, except for me. Pilots who have flown both planes say that the Wildcat flies identical to the T-28 trainer that is famous for its great handling performance for new warbird pilot trainees.

I was getting pretty smug today after putting up two flights with my "high altitude" modified Spitfire prop propelled GUNFIGHTER. I was on my third flight with my superior performing Wildcat (I love the way it flies consecutive axial rolls) practicing spiraling down for landing close by when I allowed the left wing to drop as the plane was coming toward me into a turbulent wind. The nasty "cartwheel landing" (?) broke the right corner tip of the horizontal stab. Fortunately, due at least partly to my extra wing reinforcing structure no other damage was noticed.

The superior flying performance of the Wildcat is a tribute to its design and the higher power capability of my added 30 Amp ESC that allows an over 20% higher load prop to really make the little ship perform. It is second only to my E-flite .25 powered PZ Messerschmitt in vertical performance. The 109 and the F4F are close enough in handling characteristics that I think practicing with them in back to back flights will be practical. Time will tell.

Looking forward to some flight reports from you and others out there who must have some adventures they can share.

In the meantime, FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.) ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Brad330l
My Feedback: (1)

Hi mad TV guy and other guys, yes the Wildcat really did impress me today during it's two test flights. I had full confidence in hand launching it myself for the first flight and it did not disappoint. It flew beautifully straight out of my hand into the 10Kt or so breeze and climbed out at about a 20 degree angle with no pitch change at all. I actually called out to my flying mate that "Hey Matt this is hands off, check it out!!!"
Two clicks of left aileron to fine tune things and our flying career together was well under way. I just love watching aircraft in the sky and this podgy little light blue fighter looked just fantastic the way it flew. I doubt very much I will change anything at all on it as I think it flys very scale like. I dont run my lipos right down so (usually) am able to get into the pattern with power and adjust for nice close touch downs and the first one today was right at my feet. I was sold!!
Today was probably a bit windy to fly nice and smooth and I probably would have left the electrics at home on a normal day but I just had to fly the Wildcat and I took my BF109 down as well and they both flew very well. I have always said the 109 flys like a bigger aircraft than it is. It has a stable mate now.

Cheers,

Brad
Old 12-06-2010, 11:36 AM
mad web tv scientist

Brad, what fun! Every fighter pilot ought to enjoy the PZ F4F! Its a great first fighter! Its even great as a last fighter, but I hope that doesn't turn out to be the case. I must admit that I don't know what the future holds, but I do know Who holds the future.

I forgot to mention your neat Spit picture. I plan to own at least two more versions of that fabulous piece of historic flying art. I also failed to mention that my now "War Weary Wildcat" failed to return to base with a "tail wheel." This was discovered after I got over my depression and finally got to work on the damage sustained on my last fateful mission. The created new "tail wheel" looks a lot like the recently deceased original one - from a distance.

One thing you might find useful - try to run the batteries down to around half charge to make them last longer. To compensate for shorter flight times I always bring out multiple batteries. Gives me more landing practice which, as is plain to see in my case, I need a lot of.

Now for the really painful stuff - the recent report on the future unavailability of the PZ 109 - I feel like I have been sucker punched in the gut ever since I read it!

My easily accomplished slightly modified irresistibly beautiful Messerschmitt is my very best flying flying machine. One of the greatest pleasures is (has been) to share its qualities with others with the knowledge that they can own one or more also.

Deep down I hope the report is nothing but a vicious rumor. If not, this disaster could end up having global economic repercussions far beyond anything our Chinese "friends" could have possibly imagined by such an ill-advised contrivance. Nevertheless, I did purchase some spare parts and order even more in a vain attempt soothe the pain of such a revolting development.

In spite of seemingly overwhelming odds we must continue to respond to our call to glory by flying high, fighting, and winning!

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.) ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:37 PM
mad web tv scientist

Hi fellow F4F fans.

Our dandy little Wildcat continues to demonstrate its unique qualities. Of all the possible other fighters that could have been featured, it is the F4F that gets advertising on the new Thunderbolt's box. I suspect that a fine tuned P-47 can be made to fly as well as, and a lot like the F4F does.

I'm sure everybody is noticing that nobody is reporting any Wildcat crashing experiences - that seams to speak volumes about its nice and easy flying qualities. I still plan to fly it a lot as an aerobatics practice machine and promote it as an ideal first fighter for new modeling enthusiasts. Yes, given its pizzazz and historical importance as well as its lower price, I continue to equally recommend the more pilot challenging but irresistible high strung thoroughbred GUNFIGHTER for newly qualified fighter pilots.

Brad, it may simply be a coincidence that I also found that a mere couple of clicks of left trim was all that was necessary on the maiden flight of my Wildcat. The implication here may be that this plane is very precisely and consistently manufactured, which as we have found is not always the case with other planes.

More practice and experience will surely help clarify just how to best deploy this great little weapon for greatest effect. So, in the meantime FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:12 AM
Franco2fly

Need some YouTube video...   especially want to see landing approaches

Thanks

KKKKFL

Old 01-10-2011, 02:01 PM
mad web tv scientist

Franco, sorry nobody has responded to your request. I don't yet have equipment that will do the job.

The Wildcat is such a good flying machine and seems to have such an unusual effect on its pilots that for some reason I haven't figured out yet, not very many new F4F pilots seem to be inspired to write about it. I'm sure you have noticed on this thread that I am the only flyer who has even damaged an F4F.

I have come up with a very easy way to add a significant improvement to the wing structure that might help provide a useful boost in confidence for crash resistance and high G maneuvering performance. I use a Hobby Shop available 1/8" X 1/32" length bar of carbon fiber sharpened with rough sand paper and stuck through the wing roots parallel to the bottom of the wing about 1/4 " back from the leading edges of the wings; glue the rod to the bottom side of the wing. I also glued the rod on both sides of the inside of the fuselage but not on the outside to the wing and fuselage in order to more easily remove a wing if necessary. The bar extends out each side of the fuselage to where the machine guns would be located.

Now when I see my wings flexing on high G maneuvers I will hardly feel nervous at all. Weigh gain is negligible.

Landings can be very nice with the Wildcat. I tuned two of my other fighters to land as slowly as the Wildcat using a split flap system to enjoy similar landing speed. My new Thunderbolt lands even slower than the Wildcat and it is much easier to see under some flying conditions - camouflage works!

Hope to hear about some of your adventures!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Franco2fly

Need  pictures, and more importantly, a break in the weather...  Cold winds last Saturday and Sunday...  Snow to a foot or two tomorrow have me looking out the window and bench flying inside.

KKKKFL
Old 01-28-2011, 07:59 PM
oregonflyguy58

Hey Mad I did it went to Hobby town in Wilsonville and picked up a Parkzone Wildcat.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 PM
mad web tv scientist

ORIGINAL: oregonflyguy58

Hey Mad I did it went to Hobby town in Wilsonville and picked up a Parkzone Wildcat.
Great! I guarantee you are going to love the flying characteristics of that Cat better than anything else with wings! Did you happen to notice that I am the only living being on the thread that has even damaged a Wildcat.

I am being treated for an allergic skin reaction that has me out of commission for the present (hopefully not too long).

So, 'Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win'

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.

P.S. My Wildcat flys perfectly on your flying site.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Hey guys,
as you all know, I'm not one to make waves but there is a much more active thread on the Wildcat at the link below.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1276064
Old 01-30-2011, 08:28 PM
mad web tv scientist

Wheelnut, thanks for the url. Today when I first checked it, it looked really great having, fortunately, been inspirationally cleaned up from the first time I checked it out. I tried to go back to see if anything was missed and that silly warning sign popped up again both by being signed in and from signed out status as well. Something or someone seems to be playing games with us.

Its nice to have that active Wildcat thread close enough to the beginning of this thread so it will be convenient to access from this forum. It definitely looks like it is going to be fun.

I'm having a lot of fun with the Wildcat competing against my other fighter aircraft in aerobatics performance. At this point in the battle I cannot honestly tell which one is the unquestionable aerobatics winner - there are too many variables and too little time to tell for sure. When one seems to have the advantage, experiments, testing, and practice seems to bring about a virtual tie with a competitor.

I think the F4F is easier to fly accurately, but with practice the other planes except the brushed Spitfire can be made to fly the same maneuvers just as well. The maximum performance vertical climb is the only maneuver that my Spit can't perform as well as the other fighters can. The Spitfire is actually easier to perform squares and triangles with victory rolls on the sides than is the case with the higher powered machines.

Yes, the Air Force motto: 'Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win' fits nicely for us indomitable F4F swabbies also.

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Wheelnut

MWTVS,

The Wildcat is not an acrobatic plane by any means. It's just a nice scale model. I find that strange since it was a war plane.
If you really want a great cheap Sport plane, check out the GWS Formosa.
Here is a vid of my maiden flight of my Formosa. One of my favorite planes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yWuuu4QVMc[/youtube]
Old 01-31-2011, 06:26 PM
mad web tv scientist

Wheelnut, I agree. My objectives, however, are to get as much aerobatics performance capability out of fighters as I can. I do enjoy reading about the technology involved in dedicated aerobatics aircraft and observing differences between them and fighters. I find the differences in aircraft that effect performance interesting for comparison purposes.

Aerobatics capable model fighter planes enjoy a special kind of influence that fits my modeling promoting objectives perfectly. My main objective in piloting is to fly manevers characteristic of full scale air shows with a little extra thrown in.

My challenge is to fly fighters as impressively as is practical given their design limitations. I don't expect perfection. I do expect more improvement in my piloting skills especially in the kind of smaller spaces that can help open up modeling for more people.

'Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win'

P.S. I added a couple of words that might help clarify my last post. I will be sure to check your visual stuff when upgraded web equipment is procured.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Wheelnut

Did you move the control linkage in to the closest hole on the control surface horn? And move the control linkage out to the farthest hole on the servo horn?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:26 PM
mad web tv scientist

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

Did you move the control linkage in to the closest hole on the control surface horn? And move the control linkage out to the farthest hole on the servo horn?
This is a fun question when comparing the Wildcat and the Thunderbolt linkages. Both planes are set up for slightly above minimum required control surface deflection angles with the transmitter set on low rate for operations under average sea level conditions.

The neat thing about the F4F is that all controls and servos are stock and are easy to compare with other F4Fs. All servo horns have the linkages in the outer holes. Ailerons horns have the linkages located one hole down from maximum and the rudder is set one hole up from minimum as is the elevator's horn. The special prop and 30 amp ESC makes this plane a killer from sea level to over (2) miles high density altitude - love it!

The P-47 surprised me. The ailerons require maximum control deflection with the linkage set as you have described. Rudder and twin redundant independently operating little elevator servos inside the Snortin' Bull requires 100% greater elevator deflection angles than recommended by the Instruction Manual and the rudder is adjusted with 13% higher deflection angles than is recommended by the Manual. Like the Wildcat the Thunderbolt is balanced right on the recommended CG point.

All I need now is a lot of practice. So, I shall attempt to do my duty to 'Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win.'

Old 04-29-2011, 10:37 PM
mad web tv scientist

Been such a long time since discussing the delightful little Wildcat that I ought to be ashamed. It is so perfect for beginning fighter pilots it ought to be getting a lot more attention. It flys a lot like my P-47 that has been adjusted as reported on its thread.

The F4F had to be re-bound to my DX7 transmitter before my latest flying session. No trim was needed and I was able to confirm its performance capability as reported on the GUNFIGHTER thread.

In my work to connect cutting edge new energy/science technology it would never do to leave out the legendary PZ Wildcat. The next URL provides opportunities for modelers to prove once and for all that they are indeed culturally relevant by having the courage to face and understand the truth about reality, in addition to becoming leaders toward a brighter future for mankind. The key to victory is fighter pilot courage that I have no doubt exists in more than adequate quanities.

The future: http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?of...ghterace&pid=9
http://www.emediapress.com/go.php?of...ghterace&pid=1
Old 05-27-2011, 06:28 PM
mad web tv scientist

CONVINCING KNIFE EDGE FLIGHT

After finally getting it right with the P-47 it dawned on me that a really good demonstration of Knife edge flight had never actually been performed with the F4F. The key to victory in my case with this plane was to start the maneuver at an obvious up angle of attack. The Wildcat seems to require less angle of attack than the Thunderbolt but more than the Mustang in my experience.

The Cat required "rebinding" three times over the two days it was flown. I finally installed a permanent plug with handy wires that can easily be brought into contact for the binding process. After binding the receiver to the transmitter it is easy to simply bend the wires away from one another to be ready for an inevitable need to bind in the future. One time the rudder had to be reversed on the DX7 transmitter. Yes, I religiously check for correct control deflection before every flight.

On a recent short mission the Wildcat rode in my aircraft carrier very comfortably to provide a little variation from normal fighter sweep sortes. Because of the kind of stimulating conversations that can be experienced, I am normally armed with the P-47 and P-51.

A neat thing about the dandy little F4F is its smaller more convient size for traveling purposes. It will always be the first fighter plane I recommend to newly qualified pilots because of its trainer like flying qualities.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...smode_1/tt.htm is a URL that brings up four and five star rated Ace Fighter threads that suggests their modeling advertising power.

So, ENJOY! The victory is ours!

"Aim High . . . Fly-Fight-Win!"

madwebtvscientist [sum=lol.gif] [sum=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:54 PM
mad web tv scientist

MAIDEN FLIGHTS OF UPDATED WILDCAT

After discovering a bargan for an airframe and realizing how much lighter a plane built from it as opposed to repairing my War Weary Wildcat I went for it, and I'm glad I did. My new stronger lighter F4F is a real killer!

PKZ 103 (11X4.7) props were used on both the Wildcat and my War Weary GUNFIGHTER and provided interesting performance with both low "C" batteries and smaller high "C" batteries in 10 - 15 MPH winds. I didn't notice much speed difference with the almost 1/4 pound lighter F4F but the heavier P-51 was unervingly slower than when flown with higher pitch props. I love the buzzing sound these props can produce.

Got a real scare while setting up for a landing with the new Cat. Honestly thought there was an electronic failure, shoved the throttle and stick forward and came in for a hot landing in some high grass. No detectable problems - I assumed it was wind turbulence and put up two more uneventful flights. After flying the unervingly slow Mustang I packed it in and nerviously drove home exhilarated that everything was still in one piece.

I love my little Wildcat. Let me know if there is interest and I will include pictures and descriptions of my toughter, lighter, and more powerful version of PZ's charming little machine on my CALL TO GLORY web site.

Out.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:50 PM
WVrailfan

Hi folks,
I'm still a new kid on the block when it comes to RC flying. I really like what foam and electric power has brought to the hobby.

I picked up a Hobbyzone Super Cub a few weeks ago. I have flown the plane several hours over the last two weeks. I decided to step up to a 4 ch plane and chose the Parkzone Wildcat.

I put the plane together and went through the binding procedure with the DX4e that came with the Cub per instructions. Everything seems fine, except, the rudder and elevator respond backwards from the controls. The throttle and ailerons work fine.

Is there a quick fix for this? I know I can use the switches on the DX4e to reverse the two servos in question, but I would rather have them correct from the start so I don't have to remember to switch back and forth when I switch between the Wildcat and Cub.

Thanks for any insight on this.

Jim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.