RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Horizon Hobby Sport Cub S (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/11607855-horizon-hobby-sport-cub-s.html)

JohnFM 12-12-2014 06:53 AM

Horizon Hobby Sport Cub S

Must be a few folks here have this little plane.
Anyone have any idea how to center one of those little linear servos it uses?
The elevator servo on mine is so far from centered when it's returned to neutral there's hardly enough stroke left in one direction to get elevator movement.
Every thing is all glued together so it's hard to figure things out and even the servos don't use a standard type plug so I can't even hook it up to my servo tester.

dacaur 01-09-2015 06:04 PM

check your radio trim and subtrim, if that's not it, sounds like you need to call and get a replacement...

Gadgeter 01-16-2015 05:14 PM

You can program that ESC/rec with a dongle if your so inclined. This would allow you to set center via the electronics which sounds like what you need. I would call horizon Great support usually

dacaur 01-16-2015 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Gadgeter (Post 11963059)
You can program that ESC/rec with a dongle if your so inclined. This would allow you to set center via the electronics which sounds like what you need. I would call horizon Great support usually

Is this an assumption or have you done it? I'm curious because I have not talked to anyone that has tried it yet, would be good to know one way or the other....

JohnFM 01-17-2015 08:08 AM

So little activity here it's hardly worth checking, but this little HH model is so cheaply made, there's not a lot worth messing with.
All glued together on fragile styrofoam.
With some judicious bending of linkage wires I got this one good enough,
It's a relaxing little model to fly around on a nice dead calm day.

Gadgeter 01-17-2015 05:32 PM

I have the dongle and see where you can change all the default parameters for servos etc. I haven't had the need to change them until now/ I'm trying to make the controller from the Radian UMX run a plane with flaps like the Cub S. All that is programmed and should be able to be changed. I'll soon see

fishycomics 02-05-2015 04:45 AM

i hear you? One site. Has a ton of talk, and here not a lot of people.

Not ia pro but did you take the time to set the plane up and trim?

ii turn on craft let sit on a level surface, And see visually how the elevator looks? I work on the pushrods u bend. i do a short test flight and trim as needed. Repeat till trimmed. I as well get COG. Correct. Mark where my sweet spot is at till I get it near, then I electronically trim

superdow 11-09-2017 10:04 AM

I own two horizon hobby sport cub s and in beginner's mode the down elevator does not respond at all while flying. The only way to bring the plane down is to decelerate and rely on gravity. Horizon Hobby support says this is perfectly normal.

fishycomics 03-13-2018 02:00 PM

called a self landing in beginner's mode a protection if you want to decline switch to Intermediate.

Sarge50 03-19-2018 05:27 AM

I've got one of these, still sitting in it's box. Tomorrow is the first day of Spring so I guess it's time to assemble this little bugger.

fishycomics 03-19-2018 07:51 AM

Mn sits maybe oneday I'll get back out for some flights. can't remember what cam I put on her for air shots the #16 It was.

Sarge50 03-19-2018 08:37 AM

Oops. I don't have one of these. I have a Carbon Cub S+ waiting for assembly. My bad.

fishycomics 03-19-2018 04:00 PM

Lol either way it's a plane Lol

bisco 09-19-2020 04:09 PM

i had an s2, but it flew away. bye-bye.